PDA

View Full Version : Might have torn something

limo
01-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Now I went and did it. Today while doing preacher curls I felt a twinge in left lower biceps area so I stopped right away. Hurts like hell to fully extend my arm and when I flex it to like do a bicep curl. No black and blue or swelling but shit man doesn't feel right. Any advice anyone????:(:(:(

mbig245
01-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Think positive... You probably just strained the muscle.. Don't work biceps or back for a week and see what happens..

gixxerman
01-28-2011, 01:01 AM
yeah what mbig said. If u woulda torn something...you probably would have swelling and definitely bruising from the bleeding from the tear. Prolly just a muscle strain. Take ibuprofen...ice it..and rest it. You will prolly be fine.

FLChris
01-28-2011, 01:30 AM
R.I.C.E rest ,ice,compression,elavation

sam1976
01-28-2011, 06:55 PM
i agree. probably not a tear...hope its not. agree too about the rest, ice, ect. i'm not sure i would do too much back work either. keep us posted

limo
01-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Well almost 24 hours have gone by. If I fully extend my arm and lock the elbow it hurts, feels like the tendon is being pulled. Arm doesn't hurt unless i fully extend the arm or try to squeeze the biceps. I know muscle pulls and this feels different I think its tendon related. You can push and squeeze the biceps and theres no pain in the muscle

gixxerman
01-29-2011, 12:02 AM
give it more time. if u pulled it...it will be tight.

limo
01-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Yeah gonna take a couple of weeks off......Hate to do it but I have no choice

lifestyle
01-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Just take it easy limo take a couple days off, stay away from biceps and back, Lets see how you feel in a week, that week or 2 you take you'll make it up with that monster cycle coming up. We are here for you brother.

SAFELIFE1
01-29-2011, 12:56 AM
If you are not full of blood or deep brusing. It's proble not torn. Are you black and blue. If complete tear it will be black and blue within mins. I told you everything I torn.

limo
01-29-2011, 01:48 AM
If you are not full of blood or deep brusing. It's proble not torn. Are you black and blue. If complete tear it will be black and blue within mins. I told you everything I torn.

No black and blue and no sign of blood. Like I said I've pulled over extended and strained before but this is weird. A twinge in the area below the bicpes at the top where you bend the arm (where your bicep meets the forearm)