X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Carb-Rotating Diet for Bodybuilders

The Carb-Rotating Diet for Bodybuilders
    By Steven Stiefel

The pros, cons, and who should follow it.

PHILOSOPHY

Carbs have many different effects on the body. When you consume very few of them, you begin to burn body fat. But your metabolic rate—the number of calories your body burns every day—also begins to decrease. However, drastically changing up the amount of carbs you take in on a daily basis helps rev up your metabolic rate.

Rotating the amount of carbs you consume from day to day will help you feel better over the long haul, and it will allow you to burn more body fat than consuming a low-carb diet in which you don’t include high-carb days.

WHAT YOU SHOULD EAT

Virtually every food on a standard bodybuilding diet, depending on the day of the week. This includes high-protein foods: meat, eggs, protein shakes, cheese, and vegetables and fruit. And even high-carb foods, such as low-fat sugary treats on specific days.

Check Out the Latest in Science Behind the Supps

WHAT YOU SHOULDN'T EAT

Foods high in both fats and carbs. This plan allows you to consume foods that are high in carb content or fats but not both at the same time.

CONS

Many bodybuilders follow the same meal plan every day. Carb rotating forces you to change up your plan based on the day of the week.

PROS

The high-carb days help your muscles get full while you're also reducing body fat.

WHY YOU SHOULD FOLLOW IT

This is one of the best plans for maintaining muscle mass while burning body fat.

HOW TO FOLLOW THE CARB-ROTATING DIET

Instead of having a daily plan, it’s crucial to understand how many carbs you should consume each day of the week, because your diet varies significantly from day to day. Good sources of slow-burning carbs are yams, brown rice, oatmeal, and whole-grain breads. Fast-burning carbs come from sugar, honey, and low-fat processed breads. You can even consume desserts such as angel-food cake on some days so long as they are extremely low in fats. The following plan is based on a bodybuilder who typically eats about 300 grams of carbs per day for of-season bodyweight maintenance. You may need to adjust these numbers up or down depending on your body weight, metabolic rate, and typical carbs/calorie intake when you’re not dieting.

MONDAY
    150g from slow-burning carbs in the morning, and fast-burning carbs around your workouts. Divide these into nearly equal servings. Other than vegetables, avoid carbs with your dinner and late-night snack.

TUESDAY
    Same as Monday.

WEDNESDAY
    Same as Monday.

THURSDAY
    400–500g of carbs, getting in plenty of carbs throughout the day. Cut dietary fats very low on high-carb days.

FRIDAY
    Same as Monday.

SATURDAY
    Same as Monday.

SUNDAY
    300g of carbs. Emphasize one large “cheat” meal rather than consuming carbs throughout the day. A low-fat pasta meal is a good example of a cheat meal for this day.

Nice...I eat mOre carbs on certain days and try not to eat any a few days a week medium some days and high after legs and back or any body parts I want improved and am giving extra attention. I believe this helps may or may not improve specific body parts but it damn sure keeps me lean!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Pestosterone.Glad to hear its working so well for you.

Comment

Yes sir transitioned to this slowly from a keto diet to try to put on size and decided to lower carbs a few days and play with it to try and stay lean and grow at the same time. Worked out well also I will add I do cycles of 4 weeks with more frequent higher carb days and not many zero carb days at all and then go back for 4 weeks or I will stay higher carbed until I lose just enough definition to make me mad and I'll low carb it more frequently again lol

Comment

Great post! Thank you. I was looking for something to help me with a plan for carb cycling. I am 36, 5'9", and my lean mass is right around 190-200 lbs. what do you think would be good target numbers for my protein and carb/fat intake on a diet like this. And of course, just like everyone else I would like to put on muscle and lose fat. I've learned a ton from your threads, thank you.

Comment

Drink plenty of water. Water helps muscles repair themselves, so it is extremely important to replenish your body with water after a work out. Not only will water prevent dehydration and help build muscle, it will also flush toxins from the body. Replacing sugary juices and sodas with water will inhibit weight loss as you build muscle.

Comment

Pharmascience Health Gainer for Weight gain
              Mens need many calorie requirements that many men have proves to be incredibly trying Pharmascience health gainer a weight gainer makes this far easier. If you consider the fact that there are weight gainers available that pack in over a thousand calories per shake .
              For more visit
              .................................................. ............

Weight Gainer

Comment

Yeah, We should avoid foods high in both fats and carbs. By the way, helpful one!

Comment

Bookmarked already!

Comment

Working...
                  X