X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News 12 uncovers conflicting stories in steroid investigation

News 12 uncovers conflicting stories in steroid investigation
    Oct 29, 2015

AUGUSTA, Ga.-- An investigation into steroid use at the Richmond County Sheriff's Office is over, and no one is in trouble.

But News 12 is uncovering conflicting stories coming from those accused.

It's a basic fact of human nature: humans lie. When we do, our bodies gives off pretty clear signals a polygraph test can detect.

When the Richmond County Sheriff's Office tested 15 of their deputies accused of steroid use, 9 of them received 'deceptive marks' on their test. That means, only 6 deputies appeared to be telling the truth.

We also found more than one deputy changed his story.

When the GBI interviewed Investigator Joel Danko, he admitted to buying steroids from Brandon Paquette.

The interview was recorded, and he told investigators, "It was one time, and I did buy them from Brandon...I'm not denying I did it. I did go see him one time."

But, during his polygraph test with the Sheriff's Office several months later, he was asked, 'Have you ever knowingly bought any illegal drugs from Brandon Paquette?' His answer--No.

Those are two very different answers to a straightforward question.

Then, there is Deputy Phillip Hambrick, who also admitted to GBI investigators he purchased pills and an injectable liquid from Paquette.

Here is another transcript from that recorded interview:
    Hambrick: "It was twice, yes sir, I did."
    GBI: "You bought from him twice?"
    Hambrick: "Yes, I did."

Hambrick became a deputy in 2004. In the interview with GBI investigators, they ask him when he bought steroids.

"One was at a parking lot of a gym in probably 2004 when my son was born...then the other time, I don't remember where it was, but in 2005 or 2006," he responded.

So according to his timeline, he was a deputy when he bought the steroids. But on his polygraph test, they ask, 'Other than the time before you became a cop, did you ever personally buy steroids from Brandon Paquette?' His answer--No.

His test was ruled deceptive.

So, we have deputies admitting to steroid use, lying on polygraphs, and passing out conflicting stories, and still, no arrests. No charges. Not even a single demotion.

Working...
X