Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Bodybuilding 30-Minute Chest Workout

Natural Bodybuilding 30-Minute Chest Workout

I always seem to get a lot of questions regarding how to get the chest muscles to grow and also asking how to lose body fat in the chest area. One thing that needs to be understood is that there is not one magic routine that will give you all of the muscle growth that you desire. You need to change your workout routines every 3-4 weeks in order to keep results coming, and the more advanced you become, the more variation your training needs.

Another thing that needs to be understood is that no workout routine will burn off the fat for you. Burning off the fat only happens when the diet is correct. If the nutrition is inadequate, your fat will stay right where it is at. And if your nutrition is horrible, the fat stores may actually increase. Thus, make sure that you are following a good nutrition program if losing fat is what your goal is.

Now, if you are looking to stimulate some new muscle growth in your chest muscles I have a 30-minute chest workout routine that is guaranteed to set the chest on fire!

I have used this workout routine with great results and I can guarantee you that I am in some serious pain after performing this 30 minute workout for Chest.

This workout is fast paced and it involves the use of trisets and supersets. A triset is three exercises performed one after the other with no rest in between. You only rest the prescribed amount of time after the third exercise. A superset is the same as a triset but with only two exercises in the circuit.

It is important to understand that this routine is for the more advanced bodybuilders that visit this website who have at least a solid year and a half of training under their belt.

Without further ado, here is my specialization workout for chest for those brave souls out there who are looking to cause some new growth.

30 Minute Bodybuilding Specialization Workout Routine for Chest

(Triset)
    Incline Dumbbell Press 4 sets of 4-8 reps (no rest)
    Incline Dumbbell Flyes 4 sets of 8-10 reps (no rest)
    Incline Dumbbell Press 4 sets of as many reps as possible (1 minute rest)

Note: Use the same dumbbells you used for the Flyes. You may need to decrease the weight in order to stay within the recommended repetition ranges for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th trisets.

(Superset)
    Dumbbell Bench Press 3 sets of 4-8 reps (no rest)
    Weighted Chest Dips 3 sets of 10-12 reps (1 minute rest)

(Superset)
    Dumbbell Flyes 3 sets of 12-15 reps (no rest)
    Push-Ups 3 sets of 15-18 reps (1 minute rest)

Note: If you cannot do Dips yet due to lack of strength, try the Gravitron Machine. If there is no Gravitron Machine available at your gym and no dip machine either, then substitute Dips with Pushups.

Follow this workout with a either a protein shake that contains carbs as well or 6 ounces of chicken breast (3 ounces if you are a female), vegetables, and a carb like baked potato or rice in order to maximize recovery and get the muscle growth process started.

Workout Split To Use

For workouts like this, I like to use a one body part per day training split. A one body part training split is designed in such a way that only one muscle group is targeted in each bodybuilding workout. This is a great way to train for very advanced bodybuilders who are significantly strong and can generate such a high level of intensity in each workout that training less frequently will allow for better results and recovery.

There are two advantages to this workout split:

1.It allows the advanced bodybuilder to just concentrate on the body part at hand and work it from all possible angles. At at advanced level, the goal is to not only build new muscle mass but also to correct any imbalances and achieve perfect symmetry (or harmony between body parts).

2.It allows the muscle to better recover from the high volume and intensity required from this advanced level of training.

Below you will find a good examples of how I would set up my one muscle group per day training split in order to prioritize my chest.

Monday: Chest/Calves
    Tuesday: Hamstrings/Abs
    Wednesday: Arms
    Thursday: Shoulders/Calves
    Friday: Quadriceps/Abs
    Saturday: Back/Abs
    Sunday: Rest

Conclusion

Try this workout out for four weeks before changing to another one and feel free to alter the order of the exercises every week in order to keep things different for your body.

By the way, after doing this workout I recommend that you do a lower volume workout such as the 5 sets of 5 reps workout for 4 weeks.
Working...
X