Hernia Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hernia Advice

Hey guys just looking to see if anyone on here has ever worked through a Hernia and what kind of exercises you might have done to get stronger in that area. I had surgery in August so its been about 6 months now. I get some pain in that area after hardcore ab workouts. Looking for some advice on possible exercises to do to strengthen the area around the scar tissue.

Never have but I have heard you can by being lite and causes but in the long run there is no way around the knife

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun H View Post
      Hey guys just looking to see if anyone on here has ever worked through a Hernia and what kind of exercises you might have done to get stronger in that area. I had surgery in August so its been about 6 months now. I get some pain in that area after hardcore ab workouts. Looking for some advice on possible exercises to do to strengthen the area around the scar tissue.
      I worked through mine finally. The honest answer is being very careful and time. Ever since my hernia, I stopped wearing a belt too. Not ever anymore. I look at it like this...the belt tightens everything up but also increased the discomfort and ultimately is a crutch for a weak core. Do your reps. Be confident in your core strength as it grows. It literally took a couple of years for me to not notice the pulling and strange feeling after surgery. I'm golden now. 47 yrs old and my squat is 455 with no belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shaun, best of all you have to be carefoul with that, and make sure you consult your doc about it, then carefully may proceed to workout! when I had it myself doctor said to take Mintox, but that's not the safest med so better deal with it naturally.
        Wourt1977
        Last edited by Wourt1977; 06-01-2017, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Absolutely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun H View Post
            Not pushing it thru hardcore excercises is one way. Take it slow bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
            X