Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nandrolone Decanoate …brain damage and drug dependance

Nandrolone Decanoate …brain damage and drug dependance

Most scientifical research towards brain damage and drug dependence is focused on nandrolone; one of the most commonly (ab)used AAS. Nandrolone is a synthetic modification of the testosterone molecule and lacks a methyl (CH3) group at the C19 position.

Apart from elite athletes aiming for increased performance during competition, both professional and amateur bodybuilders administer AASs to gain maximal muscle volume. During the past decade their use has spread to colleges and high schools as well. Over the last years, several studies examining substance use-patterns have shown an increase in anabolic-androgenic steroids (AASs) in all user groups, not only in athletes. The use of AASs is no longer limited to professional power training athletes and body builders, but a large number of young adolescents take AASs in high doses with the intention of improving their physical fitness, appearance, increasing of confidence levels, and even pleasure.

However, this misuse probably involves more than a desire to enhance the user’s appearance or sporting performance: it also appears to have much in common with the use of alcohol and tobacco. According to recent surveys, people who abuse AASs also tend to abuse psychotropic drugs such as cocaine, heroin, amphetamine and MDMA (“ecstasy”). One explanation for the popularity of stimulant drugs among steroid users could be the fact that they increase fat burning and induce a sensation of an “energy burst” that makes the user train even harder. This trend is alarming because, while the side effects of both anabolic steroids and stimulants have been well documented, very few studies have been performed to assess the potential effects resulting from the concomitant use of these drugs. For example, it has been hypothesized that steroid hormones are important determinants of cocaine’s effects on behavior by influencing neuronal activity and plasticity.
    read more on the blog

Very interesting Ronny, I've been reading about this paradox for awhile now actually since the last 90's when every steroid supplier had readily available Nalbuphine HCL. At the time I was fresh outta high school and wasn't up on things such as Nubain. I later watched many friends and even co-workers dwindle their happiness away through and by this drug. I remember hearing rumors about this new amazing drug that had zero side effects and made you feel like superman in the gym. Glad to see they have now stopped distribution of this component exempt for one company 'Hospira' I think still manufacturers it on a pre order basis only. So yes I can definitely see the effects of one to the other in this case and once again thanks for this post.

Comment

..glad that you liked it, bro..

Comment

I for one have become a beliver that AAS alters the neurochemical balance of the brain.
        Due to certain circumstances i ended up running tren E for a year straight with doses between 200-600mg, after sesation i have experienced cognitive impairment to a degree as to which i can't hold a job in my chosen profession (laboratory technician).
        Only abnormality in my blood tests are testosterone for obvious reasons, trt does not releave symptoms.
        As of now i have been on venlafaxin and mirtazapin (antidepressants) to no help, i am also seeing a shrink which hasn't helped as of now.
        I'm looking in to 5-HT1a agonists and D1 agonists. I'm going to ask my doctor for buspirone to see if that will emiliorate my condition.

I would like to hear from others who have experienced post cure cognitive dysfunction.
        My symptoms have been loss of ability to concentrate for longer periods of time, short term memory not working, insomnia, depression and generally unable to think and solve problems as i used to.

Please ask questions if you can't understand what i am trying to say, english is not my first language.

Comment

Working...
        X