pumping for gold : classic 80's bodybuilding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pumping for gold : classic 80's bodybuilding

i love this film. reminds me of when i was a kid and lee haney ruled the world.

if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

i think this is the only time i have ever wished to be part of the 80s!!!

Conditioning i think nowerdays is at another level but i like how full their muscles are in these vids.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldTree View Post
        i think this is the only time i have ever wished to be part of the 80s!!!

Conditioning i think nowerdays is at another level but i like how full their muscles are in these vids.
        i hear you man. that would have been quite a time to be at golds, venice.
        sam1976
        Last edited by sam1976; 12-16-2010, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Man, sam1976 u are going way back. Where is the pumping iron moive, that was the best. I have to go on line and see if I can buy that moive.

Comment

Sam you look good. What weight class do you compete?

Comment

Originally posted by SAFELIFE1 View Post
              Sam you look good. What weight class do you compete?
              hey safelife, thanks! i was a MW in that pic (2010). now i'm trying to move up to LH. i have a small frame/bone structure, so i feel that helps with the illusion, but at 5 8', i still need to get bigger. i'm hoping i can be competitive in LH in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by SAFELIFE1 View Post
                Man, sam1976 u are going way back. Where is the pumping iron moive, that was the best. I have to go on line and see if I can buy that moive.
                wouldn't that have been great to see golds back then? if i recall, you can buy PI for real cheap. i've got the collectors edition with a 'making of' extra feature.

paraphrase..."when it comes to franco, i am like his father. he comes to me for advices. but when the day of the show comes...it's not that hard for me to give him...the wrong advices" lol

Comment

The 80's what a time. There really were alot of great builds. How about Haney, he could still win some shows today no problem. Give him the same options the top dogs have now and he probably would still be on top. Albert Beckles seemed to compete forever what was he sixty when he did his last show?? and then theres Rich Gaspari heres a guy who really gave everything to try and win the title, I mean if you told me he actully sold his soul I would believe you thats how bad he wanted it. Burned himself out trying, he should have just accepted that he wasn't ever going to beat Haney

Thanks Sam that was classic

Comment

those was the times of bodyb. More classic vids please

Comment

Working...
                    X