In the Judges/Sponsors We Trust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the Judges/Sponsors We Trust!

(Please comment and leave your feedback below or message me)

In the judges we trust! As a competitor in PGS 2021, and super active voter for several of my worthy comrades, I?d like to have imagined that winners would be chosen amongst voting lines as was originally stated.

But then we had no shortage of voting irregularities, and people felt disenfranchised, so I get why the judges decided to step in, and I appreciate the uncertainty that creates to some extent.

And let?s be clear, it is, in fact, uncertainty. The number 17 contestant at the end of the 20 weeks, could theoretically be chosen to be number 2, and the number 2 could be chosen as number 17.

Kinda like US Presidential elections where we get all excited for ?going to the polls? just to find out that the electoral college delegates really call the shots. But at least these delegates are encouraged to follow the voting majority of their super local region. And votes are weighted essentially. This place gets 10 delegates while this place gets 54.

Where in this private contest, we have no idea how much the judges will or will not pay attention to votes at all. But it is just that, a private contest and they can do as they see fit. It is their money anyways, not tax payers?, haha!

However, just for the sake of discussion, and not to presume that the judges will just take my word for it, let?s collectively imagine what 3 guardrails or categories would look like for a fairly judged body transformation competition, as they defined that, that is what this is, NOT a bodybuilding contest. I?d like to imagine that if the judges never read this post, and no one relays it to them, that they already considered every bit of this anyways, and if not, I?d hope they would.

Guardrail Number 1: If you started out at 4%-6% body fat, had the sharpest most visible abs even while not flexing, unless you end the contest at 2%-3% body fat, what exactly did you transform?

How did you get ?more shredded?? You didn?t. It would be hard to understand how anyone could say you transformed. Not that you don?t look great, or even better than any of your competitors, if you held 4%-6% for 20 weeks or live at this level, bro, you are my hero btw. But transformed is the key word in this contest, and that would be shades of grey at best. Tough to even subjectively say you transformed.

Guardrail Number 2: If you started out with crazy definition, and end with even crazier definition, plus bigger muscles, I think we can all agree, you transformed. We have a few guys and gals in this competition now, who if all goes well, will fall into this category by the end, and I think we can all agree, that?s winning by the judges? standards.

Guardrail Number 3: If you started out with mostly fat, not much if any visible muscle, or lots of muscle but covered under a lot of fat or even a bit of fat. And you end up with clearly defined muscles and significantly less body fat, again we can likely all agree that you transformed, by the judges? standards. Specifically, we have guys and gals here working on getting rid of stubborn fat areas (myself included) that if they succeed, is the very definition of ?getting shredded?. As those of you who live closer to shredded but have been heavier before know, these areas of fat only come off when your overall body fat percentage drops significantly, and sometimes takes a long time.

Okay, time to go back to shut up and lift, see you guys and gals at the finish line! Btw, only about 47 of us updated our week 7 contest profiles, this means that 53% of you are officially getting prize money, so even if you feel you aren?t going to be in the top 5, as this post illustrates, you don?t know that. You don?t know what the judges will use as criteria, and you may be the winner and just not know it yet. So PLEASE keep updating every week. It?s the only way I can vote for you even if votes don?t count? haha! Only 12 more to go!

But one ASK: judges, please don?t go and choose someone who updated their profile in week one, and then never again till week 20 as the winner, please, pretty please with cheese on top? At least let me see the guys and gals that are gonna pass me by, like The Matrix style slow motion, haha! Okay, good day! My Week 1 vs my Week 6 photos attached.
    Attached Files

Also it would be nice if we got specific weighted categories upon which the judges would base their votes such as: 10% of their decisions come from popular votes, 30% on fat loss based on appearance, 30% on content of updates and frequency, 30% based on muscle building and responsible, effective gear usage based on journal entries. This is just an example, but it leaves all who participated with a clear feeling that they understand how judging is being carried out, whether or not, they agree with the outcomes.

Comment

-

Whoa a blue board I feel a bit disoriented whenever I look at this new place Because Im so used to the brown board. Hey Z you should have one day when all the forums have this kinda color

Comment

-

Whoa a blue board I feel a bit disoriented whenever I look at this new place Because Im so used to the brown board. Hey Z you should have one day when all the forums have this kinda color

Comment

Working...
        X