need some opinions on my diet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some opinions on my diet.

well im new to this forum, heard alot of good things so figured id try it out.

first off ive come a long way and im ready to hit the gym full force. i went from 316 to now 255-265.. im going overseas for the summer and want to get in the best shape i can in these next 5 months.

do i bulk first?

do i cut first?
    also any tips for a beginner lifter would be awesome...

ok so ive been working on it and this is what ive come up with if i want to do a 50/30/20 split
    i went by the Mifflin-St Jeor formula and came up with the number 2720 calories rounded it to 2800 to be on safe side..

here is the diet i built, tell me what you all think. thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Life's good, be patient

Life's good, be patient

Comment

Welcome to JM. Roll tide! My Grandmother was born and raised in Dothan, so I've spent a lot of time there. In fact I used to work at Grand Central Station and Stardust (night club and strip club downtown) while I was helping care for Gammy.

That's a pretty comprehensive plan. Good job doing the research and knowing exactly what you're putting into your body. You've got a well rounded diet there, but I would not try to bulk on it. Just not enough calories or protein. I also would replace the Subway and Tyson steak with some good lean sirloin and veggies or something. That stuff has an assload of sodium and undoubtedly MSG. Otherwise, to me this looks like a good layout for a weight/fat loss regimen if you were planning to do plenty of cardio, but not hardcore lifting. The bros will to need to know what, if any AAS compounds you're planning to use along with quantity, length of cycle and specific goals. You're on the right track, though. I'd let some of the pros give you their two cents before you start. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.
      Employ your time improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for. -Socrates

Comment

thanks for the reply man. much appreciated. that's awesome and not really that far from me @ all. ive never been there personally. im from Birmingham. and yea its been a long road but im getting there. but very glad with the results so far

i started this diet yesterday and honestly felt like i was so damn stuffed by the end of the night, does this go away once my metabolism is "JUMP STARTED"? like i literally felt so full all day ha-ha. it was a diff kinda full though. didn't feel unhealthy @ all ....

also you mentioned to kill the subway and steak. any other ideas for replacement main coarse lunch and dinner meal? im on the go working mon - sat so i am limited in choices. i figured better subway than what-a-burger lol

im not taking anything, not yet at least. One step at a time. someone told me i should ADD 10-20% calories to the total if i plan to bulk. is this true? i was trying for a 50/30/20 lean bulk, but do you think a 40/40/20 is better? i mean im already still a good 40 pounds over weight. i don't wanna look bad...

ugh, i have so many questions and concerns i really don't even know where to start!
        Life's good, be patient

Comment

Well the place to start is this website So your going in the right direction. I didnt see your height. But i would try to
          Cut instead of bulk Feeling full and bloated isnt a sign of eating to cut I only feel bloated and crappy when im trying to bulk

Comment

I would definetly drop that pickle 320mg of sodium GEEEZZ. And get something other than that PBJ
            Try to get ur soidium from 2,500 or lower aday you will be shocked how much better you will look

Comment

thanks man, and damn. i like pb and j =(

im 6'3 and cut? ok sounds good... is 50/30/20 a good ratio to cut on?

any ideas on meal replacements? i already bought 100$ in groceries for the week =/
              Alpina7
              Last edited by Alpina7; 02-12-2013, 06:43 PM.
              Life's good, be patient

Comment

Well instead of pbj i snack on natural granola made by quaker
                1/2 cup. 210 calories. 38 g carbs. 5 mg protein and only 30mg sodium

Comment

okay that's cool I don't think I've ever heard of that but I'm going to try it. thanks for the info man really helps.
                  Life's good, be patient

Comment

Originally posted by Alpina7 View Post
                    well im new to this forum, heard alot of good things so figured id try it out.

first off ive come a long way and im ready to hit the gym full force. i went from 316 to now 255-265.. im going overseas for the summer and want to get in the best shape i can in these next 5 months.

do i bulk first?

do i cut first?
                    also any tips for a beginner lifter would be awesome...

ok so ive been working on it and this is what ive come up with if i want to do a 50/30/20 split
                    i went by the Mifflin-St Jeor formula and came up with the number 2720 calories rounded it to 2800 to be on safe side..

here is the diet i built, tell me what you all think. thanks in advance.
                    I would like to argue that 'bulking' is not productive, and not a way to gain muscle. it is chemically impossbible to keep your 'gains'. You will grow and KEEP your size if you just stick with your diet and working out.

Comment

Working...
                    X