next contest prep (random thoughts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next contest prep (random thoughts)

6 wks out from the next show. unless you've competed, it's going to be hard to completely understand the level of focus it takes to follow through with a 16 wks prep. i dont mean this to come off like competitors are somehow special. i feel that if anyone wants it bad enough, they can do the work it takes to get on stage.
    its just that the contest prep is a very unique experience.if you haven't done it, i suggest you do. the days and wks and months kinda melt together. they seem to go slow, but often it feels like theres never enough time. anticipation grows and stress builds up through the mind numbing monotony of each day's repetition . . eating...timing meals...having to prep food...it takes so much time alone. plus the cardio...plus the training. plus the posing and the details....oh and plus "real" life, this stuff can get difficult. i'm not complaining here, in case thats the way it sounds...well maybe i am a little haha, but i dont have any anger or resentment for this life. after all, it is the life i choose. And i choose it because it is difficult. if it was easy, i promise you, that you could walk into any gym and casually count at least a dozen hyper muscular guys, peeled to the bone and covered in veins. but thats not the norm, is it? and that cuz this shit is hard. i have found that it allows me to push myself to my absolute limits...to see how much i can take...not how much my body can take. no, thats not the real limit. the real limit is in my head. how much can i emotionally take and keep moving forward. how much discomfort can i suffer, yet still take one more step on the step mill. how many more hours can i toss and turn at night because i'm too hungry to sleep? can i make it until morning? again?

since the last show, 10 days ago, i've been tired. i even got to take a week off the diet and i still felt tired. i had a photo shoot the day after my show, but after that, i even spent a couple days eating whatever i wanted. i ate it all. the burgers, the pizzas. you name it, i ate it. in just a few days, i ballooned up 15 lbs. this wasnt too bad. in the past, i've gained closer to 30 lbs. from this point, i dialed it down a little and started the new diet plan on saturday, 6 wks out from the next show. after the last show, i came off the halo. i had already stopped the clen a wk before that. i reduced my t3 by a small bit and cut the adex down. i've continued on the same injection protocol of test e/mast/tren and plan to keep it that way into the next show. i'll add halo in again. this time, at 3 wks out, instead of 4 wks out like the last show. i'm going to use a higher dose for a shorter time.

so as of today, even after my break, i'm still tired. i cant seem to get enough rest. i've slept through alarm clocks. i've dozed off at work. hell, i've come close to nodding out at traffic lights on more than one occasion. i look around my house and all i see are the things i have been putting off. i see the crumbs from my last meal on the counter. i see a mound of dishes growing in the sink. i constantly am adding to my list of things that need to get done. my girl, who although is very understanding, is rightfully getting tired of the lack of attention. in short, the level of stress from show 1 to show 2, multiplies itself.

i can't live this way for the next 5-6 wks. i am working to get my head around doing what i need to do to put life back in perspective. part of this, is simply just reclaiming my responsibilities as a human being, living here on earth with other human beings. when i was younger, i would have told you that hardcore was living and breathing bodybuilding for every waking moment of life.sacrificing everything. today i'll tell you that hardcore is finding a way to work bodybuilding into your real life and MAKE IT ALL WORK TOGETHER.
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

great post Sam...ive got mad respect for anyone who steps on stage. stay focused and after this next one take a nice, long break...you deserve it!

Comment

Whats next Sam after this, for summer? Taking it a little easier?
      sigpic

Comment

Sounds like you could use a vacation brotha. Or take a big ass gun out to the hills an fire at a tree till it falls over. Lol I'm sure the more we tell you to rest the more you wana kick it up. I don't really know ya so I can't really tell ya how to keep from goin crazy. Happens to us all. For me my stress relief is MMA. Sometime I just really needa take my aggression out on someone eles. The only legal place is a mat so that's where ull find me when iv had enuff. I'm watching the movie "office space". Prefect move for the convo. You HAVE to watch it if u havnt seen it. Good luck Sam. Fuckin smile!!!!

Comment

thanks guys. really, i'm just venting a little. i'm not losing or anything . theres plenty of time for vacations and guns, ect. but not for another 6 wks. for the next 6 wks i dont have enough time in the day to get done the things i need to get done, let alone do anything else.

paul, after this, i plan to up the food intake for a good 6 wks and hopefully reap the benefits of a post contest rebound. from there, i'll take a break. i actually plan to reduce my protein intake to about 150g a day for a month and reduce my training. i'll come off all the gear and let everything reset itself. then, i plan to begin training for jr nationals 2013
          if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Sam you will be fine....when you focus on one goal as you have been for so long(basically obsessing lol) there is always gunna be a little burn out. during your break you will recharge and prolly become more focused, so we can all expect some more "venting" from you in the future lol
            Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

You once told me (and this got me through my prep) "If I can do it another day I can do it another week, if i can do it for another week I can do it for two more). Take it day by day, you have sacrificed so much for so many years to get here, you can do it for these next 6 weeks. Fuc it, you are SAM, you can do anything!!! If your hurting real bad, have some carbs, dont over do it but have some. Letting yourself crash is doing more harm then good. its going to come down to the last 3 weeks and how far you take dehydration so dont let your head get fuc'd up at this point. I dont know your work situation, but I would eat lunch real fast and nap for 20 minutes, then when I got how I would eat and nap again for 30-45mins. Those naps saved me. Just think about life after these 6 weeks, pure pleasure and work your ass off for it. You got this shit Sam...you are the man !!

BTW That first paragraph was a classic post.
              Stay In The Grind......Muscle Comes With Time

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, somewhere, somebody is tired of her shit !!

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Comment

Sam...if running a pre contest cut cycle containing test p, tren a, mast, and halo, do you run everything up to the day before the show or do you plan it out to end mid week or even the weekend before?

Comment

Originally posted by xela1988 View Post
                  Sam...if running a pre contest cut cycle containing test p, tren a, mast, and halo, do you run everything up to the day before the show or do you plan it out to end mid week or even the weekend before?
                  hey bro, i'm actually running test e, not prop. i'm doing ED injects and will continue to do so right into the show

Comment

Sam, stay focused brother talking about it kinda helps you get though it it helped me many years ago when i competed ,remember this is who you are and this is what you do not many people can do it and be successfull at it , its not for the weak and your kicking ass doing it.
                    SPARTANS!!!! WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION!!!!!!!!!

Comment

thanks guys. i dont know what i wanted to accomplish with this thread. really, i think i just wanted to vent a little. i dont complain that much, or at least thats what i've been told. i'll tell you. i sure do think alot while dieting. a lot of time to yourself. at least thats the way i like it.

Comment

Vent, complain do what ever you want Sam. I still cant get over the mental aspect of prep. Thats why I stayed off the boards as much posible.....I was a fuc'n train wreck. I was up, I was down then I dont know where I was, caught in the middle somewhere. The best part of these forums are that you can come and vent to your friends, get it out and thats that. In real life if you vent guys think your cracking or keep asking "how ya feeling" or shit like that. Here, just let it out and its done. Stay strong my friend, cant wait to see you pull off this insane prep !!!
                        Stay In The Grind......Muscle Comes With Time

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, somewhere, somebody is tired of her shit !!

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
                          hey bro, i'm actually running test e, not prop. i'm doing ED injects and will continue to do so right into the show
                          i meen for any prep cycle in general, you want to run it up to the day of the show?

Comment

Sam, I have the utmost respect for your dedication. The path you have chosen is not easy, but you will reap the rewards of kings. Anyways, how bad does that Halo T tear up your liver? I have always been interested in throwing that in because of its amazing androgenic properties, but I have feared it like Anadrol 50 when it comes to C-17-Alpha-Alkylated compounds. Also, I have never had any predisposition to anger, but Mast does make me a bit more edgy. How extreme are the feelings of aggression with Halo? Do you get a training boost?
                            Somebody out there is working harder. Somebody wants it more.

Comment

Working...
                            X