No announcement yet.

Project Get Shredded!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys and gal. i'm working on the diets. some of you have them. some are waiting. some just sent their info today. i will have everyone set by the end of the week. i wont forget about anyone just hang in there. this first part of setting things up for everyone is probably going to be the more labor intensive for me. after this, it will be a lot easier to tweak things as we go!!!

get excited everyone! this project is coming together
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

cant wait to start it coach i got the diet and i will handle it easy!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Sounds good Sam...Ready to get this started.
        sigpic

Comment

hi sam, is there a waiting list in case others back out? id love to be a part of this as well if theres room.

sigpic

Comment

hey guys, its taken me a little longer than i hoped to get everyones initial diet plan together, especially since i got a new job that is limiting my time. no worry though. i am totally committed to making this happen this is going to be the hardest part for me and after i'm done with this, updating each week will be much easier. just to clue everyone in on what i'm doing, i'm not changing calories too much for the time. mainly i'm lowering carbs in some cases but for the most part, just cleaning everyones diet up, taking out protein bars, dairy, processed foods, bread and things of this nature. everyone is starting with 30 minutes of cardio, walking on an incline of 3, keeping in a heart rate geared toward fat loss. for most people in the group, that is around 125bpm.

in case i didnt note this to each participant via email, everyone should be shooting for about a gallon of water each day and taking a sugar free fiber supp. everyone should be taking 3 grams of fish oil per day.
            if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Thanks Sam!!!! You are already doing all of us a huge favor, so I don't think anyone will mind. Also, congrats on the new JOB!

Comment

agreed lol Sam you got nothing to worry about take your time

Comment

give more ppl infos guyz about how its goes we only post 2-3 ppl from the proj so lets go all to prepare for it!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Guys, I don't believe we have officially started. The last word we got from Sam was on 4/25 on his post here. He stated he was still working on diets, etc.
                    I have already started, but not been keeping a blog because Sam hasn't given us the green light.
                    I have sent him numerous unanswered emails. Anyone heard from him? Would love to get the green light. I would imagine that is why no one else is blogging.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm guessin Sam's job is keeping him pretty busy. MrsBig is goin through the same thing.
                      The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
                      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
                      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
                      Chat Box Talk And Rules
                      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
                      No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
                      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

yes right i folow my diet too but we havent start yet...
                        sigpic

Comment

Yup, same here, I'll officially start once we have all that we need and have the green light.
                          xamo
                          Last edited by xamo; 05-21-2013, 11:42 AM.
                          Ain't no use in lookin' down
                          Ain't no discharge on the ground
                          Ain't no use in lookin' back
                          'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
                          Ain't no use in feelin' blue
                          'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

once we get all the supps, ect, we'll officially get started and start doing weekly updates/diet changes, ect. i just sent an email out to everyone. if you guys can get back to me, when you get a sec, that'd be great.

i'm trying to get a couple other things in order so that when this starts, i'll have more time to spend on the board. i know in a couple of wks, this is going to be pretty consuming.

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
                              once we get all the supps, ect, we'll officially get started and start doing weekly updates/diet changes, ect. i just sent an email out to everyone. if you guys can get back to me, when you get a sec, that'd be great.

i'm trying to get a couple other things in order so that when this starts, i'll have more time to spend on the board. i know in a couple of wks, this is going to be pretty consuming.
                              Take your time Sam, we're already grateful you picked us and real life still comes first.
                              Ain't no use in lookin' down
                              Ain't no discharge on the ground
                              Ain't no use in lookin' back
                              'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
                              Ain't no use in feelin' blue
                              'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

so heres the basic idea that we're starting with. at this point, i just went though everyones diet and clean up the things that are not diet friendly....protein bars, dairy products, wheat, processed foods, simple sugary treats, overly fatty meats. these are all things that will slow our ability to reach our goals. in some cases, wheat and dairy can cause allergies, even very mild ones, that create inflamation. this can lead to water retention...often very mild, but leaving stomach distention or leaving a film over the muscle, no matter how lean you get. in some cases, i did nothing more than clean the diet up, keeping calories the same, like in the case with Mrs Big. her calorie intake will start off pretty close to where she was, having removed and changed a couple things, just making it cleaner.in many cases, i have had to add more food than the individual was eating. i can see long stretches in a couple of guys diets where the food intake was low and their metabolism would slow down. we want to eat often to keep the body moving...keep the body processing. what may seem like an overwhelming amount of meals quickly becomes normal as your body gets used to processing food more regularly. your stomach starts growing 30 min before its time to eat! thats when i know i'm on track

as far as sodium, my main concern is that sodium remain consistent day in, day out. it isnt the absolute amount of sodium that creates water retention, but the fluctuation. thats why if you're eating clean and then go out and eat a big mac, you get bloated...if you were to eat a big mac every day, your body would get used to that level of sodium and after a couple of wks, your body would find homeostasis. its actually better that a dieting athlete does continue to eat sodium daily to keep electrolytes up to prevent weakness in the gym and muscle cramping. for competitive BB, we really are only concerned about dropping sodium at the very end of a prep.

i also suggest that each person consumes an abundance of water. water is an amazing tool for muscle growth. i recently learned from dr layne norton, that studies are showing that a hydrated muscle cell will trigger greater anabolism. besides that, its so much easier to get injured in the gym while dieting and a dehydrated muscle is so much more prone to being strained or torn. 1-2 gallons a day is ideal. just like learning to lifting progressively heavier weights, it can take a little time to up water intake to that level, but once you get there, its easy to maintain. with our high protein diets, its so important, not only for these reasons, but also to flush the kidneys.

i have also suggested that everyone use a sugar free fiber supp daily. as we reduce carbs and take in less fiber, its easy to get constipated and once you're backed up, it quickly becomes harder to pack more food in, not to mention, i'm sure it has to effect the way our bodies use the nutrients.

for cardio, i started everyone close to the same place. 30 min on the treadmill on an incline of 3, at about 3 miles an hour...or whatever speed it takes to reach a fat burning. for most it is in the 125bpm range. i want to start with as little cardio as possible. that way, i can see what the diet is doing and make the critical adjustments there, instead of tacking on more min of cardio. we also want more room to go up. if someone starts with 2 hours of cardio, over time, as we need to make adjustments, we wont have as much room to add more into the program. i'm sure all of you gear users can understand this, as we run our cycles the same way. if you were to start with 2grams of gear on your first cycle, how much more are you going to do on cycle 2?? so start low, let the diet do the major work and use cardio as a tool to push things just that much further. some are starting at 5-6 days a wk. some are starting at 3. over time, that will all change. some may stay close to 30 min and just increase the number of days they do cardio. some may move to more of a HIIT style of cadrio. it all depends on how they respond. the ideal time to do this cardio is first thing in the AM, fasted. for some, that wont be an option, so the next best time for fat loss is directly after working out, before they eat their next meal.
                                sam1976
                                Last edited by sam1976; 05-21-2013, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X