Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High protien, 500+ calories over maint, yet low carbs for bulking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High protien, 500+ calories over maint, yet low carbs for bulking?

Hey fellas. So I understand the calories surplus for bulking but can I still loose some fat on a high protien 60%, low carb 20% and 20% fat diet? I'm bulking but am getting uncomfortable at 15% bf.
    stats:
    6'1
    15% bf
    Training for 14 months hardcore.

Anything is possible but I've come to the conclusion that in order for me to bulk I'm going to put on some unwanted weight. I've tried to tweak my diet to help fight it but in the process I end up sacrificing strength or stamina or both which isn't conducive with bulking. Now people are different and respond different to things. My best advice would be give it a try to see how it works for you.

Comment

How many calories are you taking in? General rule of thumb for caloric intake is: cutting = LBM x 10, maintenance = body weight x 10, bulking = body weight x 15

You should be taking in 2300-3500cals per day. If youre trying to stay lean, stick to the lower side of those numbers. 2500-3k would prob be a nice number for you to be hitting
      "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I'm currently at 3800 per day. Just checked, I'm 238 @ 14-15%. Running 800mg test wk, 50 mg dbol day, .5 mg Adex eod. Work puts are 1-1.5 hours and pretty intense. I try to get in 30 mins cardio a day also.

Comment

38 is a little high for your weight. Try going down to 3k and work in some more cardio
          "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

Alright... Today I began then 3000 cal diet. We will see how this goes for awhile. I have to say, learning to diet right is the hardest part of this all. Lifting hard, supplementing, cycles... Not as time consuming and complex as this damn dieting! It really does give me respect for anyone who's done well in this sport. Hell, just trying to get in 345 grams of protien a day while only taking in 3000 cals and not having an INSAINE amount of carbs is a challenge. That's not even touching on the fact that my body fills full all of the time and I have to force myself to even eat!

Comment

Yea bro. Diet is 80% of the game

Comment

Working...
              X