No announcement yet.

Morning drinks before and after work out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read your daily foods i was wondering what time aday you workout. What you eat an hour before workingout
    I wouldnt give up your pre workout drink you should definetly be burning off the sugar in it while workingout. I would like to see u drink ur creatine before workout also. Protein shake after workout. Count your daily sodium intake when cutting i keep mine at under 2,000 mg aday works miracles for midsection

Comment

Well...what do you call sugar? Added sugar or carbohydrates? Added sugar is bad yes. As for the sodium... all it does is add some water retention and that doesn't seem to be the real issue here, plus looking at his diet there's no way he has a sodium problem... he's just not allowing his body to actually burn the fat off and that comes from dieting right, meaning eating enough, yet not too much.
      xamo
      Last edited by xamo; 02-19-2013, 12:51 PM.
      Ain't no use in lookin' down
      Ain't no discharge on the ground
      Ain't no use in lookin' back
      'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
      Ain't no use in feelin' blue
      'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

I'm still trying to find the balance Xamo. I'm up at 5am and eat by 5:30am. Then in the gym by 6:45 just as the doors open. Lucky for me I know the owner After work out I some times take my whey shake powder and mix it with my oatmeal and thats how I start my day. I guess you could say I'm eating before and after work out. But not in excess.

And no sugar to nothing.. No salt added either. Only drinks I do is water or almond milk or coffee. No junk soda's or
        sports drinks... I will drink from 6 to 8 bottles of water a day.. Adds up to a lot of pee time... LOL!
        Time Bandit
        Last edited by Time Bandit; 02-20-2013, 01:09 AM.
        Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

I don't know man, try to aim the 2500 calories mark... and see what kinda results you get from that..

Comment

Originally posted by xamo View Post
            I don't know man, try to aim the 2500 calories mark... and see what kinda results you get from that..
            Ya.. I think thats the next move. I hate the idea of eating more. Clean or not but staving the body wont do it either. Thanks for the time people and will
            let ya know what happens. Thanks.

Comment

Keep us posted.. just remember that starving is unhealthy and won't allow you to meet your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by xamo View Post
                Keep us posted.. just remember that starving is unhealthy and won't allow you to meet your goals.
                10/4 I plan on adding to the foods and run that for a month. Then its time for a cycle

Comment

I don't think you're ready for a cycle...sorry man

Comment

Ya I know..Something else I didn't want to hear... It was a thought that maybe I should get the food supply correct for the body before I waist the gear.. So we are on the same page.. Thanks for the advice Xamo. Greatly appreciated.

Comment

Well to be honest you should educate yourself more especially about dieting and probably some more about weightlifting... you need to develop your body which I'm sorry to say if you weren't eating right and on deficit all these years you probably never allowed your body to really build its core ... you need more experience and work into it before starting a cycle... you'd be surprised how much strnger you'll get by just eating right...and how much better you'll feel

Comment

I feel AWESOME !!! HRT has been life changing. A lot to be said for test. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauliuch View Post
                          Bottle of creatine? Is that some type of premixed drink? I cut and pasted a few paragraphs here on post work out sugar intake.

Muscles can only get bigger and stronger when there is sufficient glycogen in the muscles themselves to produce ATP. Adenosine triphosphate is the chemical in your body that allows your muscles to contract; it’s the only substrate that can perform this task. From a workout stand point this speaks volumes in terms of getting optimal results. If you can’t contract muscles fully your workouts will suffer greatly.

Worked out muscles crave glycogen, there is a window of opportunity which is estimated to be 1-2hrs after a workout secession to consume carbohydrates. Our body releases the hormone insulin in the presence of carbohydrates and insulin will do one of two things. Insulin can inject the digested carbohydrate molecule into a muscle cell for latter use as energy (the best scenario out of the two) or it can cram the molecule into a fat cell (the worst scenario of the two). If we continue to eat carbohydrates but never empty our glycogen stores then the carbohydrates will be stored as fat.

Again if you are looking to restore glycogen levels for killer workouts and are not concerned about cutting weight for a particle sport then foods high on the GI chart immediately after exercising is the way to go. I personally eat anyone of the following after working out: bagels, white bread, potatoes or white rice. I, then wait about 30-45 min before ingesting my protein usually a whey shake. The 30-45 wait periods allows the insulin levels to sky rocket without being slowed down by the protein. The high levels of insulin allow the protein to be piggy backed right into the muscles. Amino acids and glycogen going into a starved muscle equals one thing= INCREDIBLE RESULTS.
                          Your post did not go unnoticed.. I like !!

Comment

Working...
                          X