Morning drinks before and after work out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning drinks before and after work out

Ok got a question. In the morning an hour before work out I do a 16 oz. bottle of the NOS-Blast for a boost. Then after work out I do another 16 0z. Bottle of Creatine for recovery.
    My question is this. I’m trying to cut my weight. Is this too much in sugar and if it is
    Should I stop one, and not the other or both??? OR is this fine and continue..
    Thanks for the advice.
    Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Bottle of creatine? Is that some type of premixed drink? I cut and pasted a few paragraphs here on post work out sugar intake.

Muscles can only get bigger and stronger when there is sufficient glycogen in the muscles themselves to produce ATP. Adenosine triphosphate is the chemical in your body that allows your muscles to contract; it’s the only substrate that can perform this task. From a workout stand point this speaks volumes in terms of getting optimal results. If you can’t contract muscles fully your workouts will suffer greatly.

Worked out muscles crave glycogen, there is a window of opportunity which is estimated to be 1-2hrs after a workout secession to consume carbohydrates. Our body releases the hormone insulin in the presence of carbohydrates and insulin will do one of two things. Insulin can inject the digested carbohydrate molecule into a muscle cell for latter use as energy (the best scenario out of the two) or it can cram the molecule into a fat cell (the worst scenario of the two). If we continue to eat carbohydrates but never empty our glycogen stores then the carbohydrates will be stored as fat.

Again if you are looking to restore glycogen levels for killer workouts and are not concerned about cutting weight for a particle sport then foods high on the GI chart immediately after exercising is the way to go. I personally eat anyone of the following after working out: bagels, white bread, potatoes or white rice. I, then wait about 30-45 min before ingesting my protein usually a whey shake. The 30-45 wait periods allows the insulin levels to sky rocket without being slowed down by the protein. The high levels of insulin allow the protein to be piggy backed right into the muscles. Amino acids and glycogen going into a starved muscle equals one thing= INCREDIBLE RESULTS.
    sigpic

Comment

wait what? I don't get his post x) creatine isn't sugar or remotely close to it... what is in your NOS blast drink? Either way that alone shouldn't give you enough sugar in a whole day anyway. If you want to get leaner either add in some cardio or just make a deficit out of your maintenance intake...
      Ain't no use in lookin' down
      Ain't no discharge on the ground
      Ain't no use in lookin' back
      'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
      Ain't no use in feelin' blue
      'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

Thanks for the replies.. I have cut down on my egg whites and oatmeal. and no whole wheat. All bread are off the menu. Body Fortress makes the NOS BLAST
        that I use to pump up with. The creatine is what I use for the recovery. My cardio I upped from 2 mile to 5 on the mill. And working hard on the mid section.
        Want to loose the belly fat I have gained bulk eating to build. Spring is coming and I just need to remove about 15 pounds. What ya think ?

Comment

Creatine isn't really used for recovery... people take it pre work out mainly... What's body fortress? By the look of it you're not eating enough.... what's your diet exactly? tell us what you eat in a day? Also what's your actual experience lifting? Cause don't get me wrong but you don't seem that experienced a lifter?

As far as your abs go, it's all in the diet. If you don't eat enough they won't show nor will you cut the fat, and if you eat too much well it'll be the exact same. Then if not that then it's your genetics but then you'd see show some abs so it's all in your dieting.
          xamo
          Last edited by xamo; 02-15-2013, 03:33 AM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's wal mart brand of creatine.., which I think is garbage
            One decision determines your legacy

Comment

Originally posted by Bigs251 View Post
              I'm pretty sure that's wal mart brand of creatine.., which I think is garbage
              YES! I'm busted...LOL! I did buy it at Sam's Club and I guess you could say that the same as Walmart... Xamo, I get a chance this evening I will up-date with the info on my weight lose, diet and gym time. This has been a life changing experience for me and need guidance through the next transition. I got to get my tax work done. Ill be back this evening. Thanks.

Comment

Sounds good keep us posted

Comment

Did not forget to post.. Just tired and going to crash.. Ill be back .

Comment

Ok first off I want to thank the mods of the site for allowing me to join and use
                    The vast amount of knowledge collected here. Members here have been most
                    Generous to help and I thank you all for that.
                    My name for security purposes is “Time Bandit” Or “Bandit” for short.
                    How did I get started in body building.. Hmmmmmm Good question.
                    The truth is About 5 years back I had a bike accident. Shortly after that I
                    Started having problems with ED… After seeing a doctor about this he
                    Prescribes an ED med and says that’s just the way it go’s…
                    Well that did work for a little while but it to failed after a short time.
                    Ill skip the small stuff and bring ya up to speed. I was in the dumps 3 years
                    Later. No energy.. I mean cant get out the bed on time and have no get up
                    And go to do anything… Finally go see a doctor and she drew blood..
                    TADAAAAA!!! Low Test with a reading of only 133. I don’t know how the hell I was
                    Alive at 133. None the less that same day I got my first tube of jelly to put on.
                    Testem I think it was called… It sucked and brought my level up to 175…
                    Still tired but I started to read about Testosterone and Injections.. And at this
                    Point the doctor has me putting on this thick ass jelly on my back and its not
                    Doing dirt for me.. So I finally ask the doc for the good stuff.. I get my first dose
                    Of injected testosterone.. Started me out on 100 cyp 1 x weekly to make the numbers
                    Go up… took about 3 weeks and we got to a whole 400 and she was happy and I was not.
                    Remember I was reading about T and E2 and TT and how we can use AI and max our levels.
                    SO I put all the info together and brought it to her with a game plane as to how I want to
                    Maximize my use of T and protect myself from E and I hit a brick wall. She said she knows nothing about
                    such things and would only recommend that we use a low dose and keep the numbers between 4 and 500.
                    I said its time to find a new doctor. So after about 3 moths I found one. Currently with his help
                    Im at 900 to 1000 on my T and my TT is at 25. My E we are still working on and next test should have us at
                    around 22 to 25 I hope.
                    Now with all this I found a new energy and the idea that I was on test gave me another idea..
                    Let’s work out  So I bought a weight set and bench and barbells “Criages List” is the best
                    For new hardly used weight gear cheap. And I started hitting them hard. Walking a mile turned into to miles.
                    10 pound dumb bells turned into 20 pound and then 30 to 40 and then 60… My bench press
                    Was the same thing started out at 80 pounds and worked up to 200 and my body was starting to take a whole new look…
                    But was I doing it right ??? So I made a phone call to a friend of mine that owns a
                    Gym. He says come on down… He starts showing me things I can do at home with what I got and
                    He says you can come in the gym and do what you can’t at home here.. Then he asked what have I been eating..
                    Now Im going to back up here people. When I first started all this T-injections I was 265 pounds
                    And a size 40 waist and smoked.. Now as of today Im 48 Y/o 220 and a size 32 waist. I was 214 at my
                    thinnest but the past 2 moths I was looking to gain some muscle and was pushing 3000 calories hard.
                    Oh I stand 6-1 So I guess you could say my Bud the owner has also been coaching my on food.
                    This has been a 1 year and 3 month transition. So you ask what’s my diet. OK here we go.

Breakfast: 2 cups Oatmeal – Plan, 2 cups egg whites and on whole egg. 2 scoop Whey shake in Almond milk.
                    Apple or banana as a snack before lunch.
                    Lunch: Turkey or Tuna – with salad and a light dressing. Whey Shake with 1 scoop.
                    Snack of pecans or walnuts or yogurt .
                    Dinner: Turkey breast or chicken breast with greens Plan. Or at least one lean steak a week.
                    This is an example as to how I eat each week and is subject to change but for the most part it remains
                    Lean and clean.

Comment

Ok so back to my question about the drinks ???

Comment

I'm soon off work but from the little I read and the diet I saw you're definitely not eating enough

Comment

I didn't want to hear that Xamo.. But I know your right. I'm so focused on the belly fat I'm afraid to eat to much. Scale has not moved in 3 weeks. Thought it might be what I'm drinking in the morning. I'm stuck and wanted to start a cycle and think I might have to work on what I'm eating first. If I eat any more turkey I'm going to grow wings. HELP!!!

Comment

Well if you don't need more than what you're eating now you will not lose your belly. Eat beef, chicken, tuna salmon...any food is fine, veggies... just keep it clean...up your cals...

Comment

" Eat beef, chicken, tuna salmon"... I got that covered but I think I need to enlarge the portions. I buy whole Turkeys. Salmon in bulk. and Veggies out the wazuty!!! Back to my
                              question.. The Body Fortress Super NOS Blast.. I'm drinking it between breakfast and my workout. Is it worth the sugar content. My thought is that its got sugar in it
                              Sugar = FAT! Or is it something worth taking ???

Comment

Working...
                              X