Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything you need to know about t3..

I figured with the summer cut cycles being planned and getting started, this info will get a lot of questions answered.

I know Sam has a sticky about this stuff but it doesn't go into detail like i will here. This is purely based off of my own research and most of it is from one article in particular.

T3 is not a drug that should be taken lightly. It's a very potent thyroid hormone. Messing with your natural hormone levels is very dangerous and unpredictable. The potential for complications is very high, and abuse can lead to thyroid disease and low thyroid output not only immediately upon discontinuation, but also later in life.

There is no such thing as safe use of T3 outside of a medical setting. There is only "safer" use. Use at your own risk.

It may shock many people to know that T3 is NOT catabolic. Corticosteroids are catabolic drugs that attack muscle tissue directly; T3 does not. It is a very potent calorie burner and it does not discriminate between carbohydrates, protein and fat. Unlike dnp - dinitrophenol - , it has no protein sparing properties. T3 is also more likely to burn muscle than fat in lean users (10-12% BF), but this can be said for any extreme drop in caloric intake and uptake such as starvation diets (Caloric intake <10 X BW).

Muscle loss can be avoided with the use of anabolic agents. T3's alleged catabolic properties have become legendary. Excessive amounts of T3 (more than 75mcg), will have a very strong calorie burning effect, and since some bodybuilder use 150 mcg, it's easy to see why such misinformation has been so prevalent. The average bodybuilder will not need several grams of steroids to counter a reasonable dose of T3. There is no need to use more than 75mcg-100mcg. Going beyond this dose will cause more harm than good, as massive doses of steroids need to be used to counter the muscle loss, further stressing the body for minimal, if any additional benefits.

T3 can also give your muscles an extremely flat look and very soft feel. This side effect of extreme glycogen depletion can have a very profound psychological impact in bodybuilders. It often feels and looks like muscle loss when it's simply a lack of muscle "pump" because of restricted blood flow to that area and depletion of glycogen stores in muscles. Generally, carbohydrate loading does not solve this problem. "Pumping up" (or training for that matter) brings more blood into the muscles and is a temporary effective solution. Clenbuterol and certain steroids can offset the lack of muscle pump because these drugs tend to "harden up" users by bringing more blood into to the muscles.

Are steroids absolutely necessary on T3? This is very dependent on the user. Diet must be flawless, only reasonable doses should be considered (50mcg) and the user must know his body to a tee. Those who don't know what that last statement entails should not even consider T3. This is a veteran drug and should not be used by bodybuilders who are new to the game or do not have a deep understanding of how there bodies react to certain foods and training philosophies.

Basically, it is extremely important to eat cleanly and keep up with cardio for at least 4 weeks and up to 6 weeks following a T3 cycle. It's also very important to ramp down properly and not use any drug that will have an effect on metabolism and thyroid function, i.e. Clen, Ephedrine, Steroids, dnp, T2…

Switching to a higher carb, lower fat and lower protein diet is crucial in helping your thyroid bounce back after a cycle. A three-day carb up would be a good idea following a T3 cycle.

T3 should be taken on an empty stomach, in the morning. If more than 50mcg is being taken, then it should be split through the day.
    "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Good info ALEX. T3 is a must for all my cutting cycles. You made some great points in there; know your body, keep your doses in check and ramp up/ ramp down. Just like any supplement that we take, your body will tell you when youve had too much. Thats why Im glad you made the point to say that if you don't know your body then this is not for you.

Great article.
    "Stop Crying and Lift!!!!!"

Comment

I prefer t-3 as I don't like stimulants except maybe pre work out and use HGH when I can which lowers t-3. This is as good a summary as I have ever seen, but one question remains unanswered for me and that is why taper off? I mean if your thyroid shuts down I don't suspect it will turn back on till it's needed (I assume)? I mean as long as we cruise on low levels of Test our testes stay shut off until we are off completely . So, why don't we just stop so they start up again? Not being a smart ass, just trying to learn.

Hawk
      PASSION TRUMPS EVERYTHING-DAVE TATE

Comment

Originally posted by chicken_hawk View Post
        I prefer t-3 as I don't like stimulants except maybe pre work out and use HGH when I can which lowers t-3. This is as good a summary as I have ever seen, but one question remains unanswered for me and that is why taper off? I mean if your thyroid shuts down I don't suspect it will turn back on till it's needed (I assume)? I mean as long as we cruise on low levels of Test our testes stay shut off until we are off completely . So, why don't we just stop so they start up again? Not being a smart ass, just trying to learn.

Hawk
        i dont taper up or off and my blood work has shown my thyroid back to normal quickly..it also allows me to run it for shorter periods with the same gains(fat loss)
        Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

Originally posted by ALEX.18 View Post
          T3 should be taken on an empty stomach, in the morning. If more than 50mcg is being taken, then it should be split through the day.
          This where the argument comes in PLAY taking T3 on empty Stomach, that’s were your muscle becomes FLAT IMOP. I have taking plenty T3 speaking from my own experience and few ProBB I have trained with we have always followed the same protocol T3 is consumed in the Mid day at high quality Protein intake as well with your quality meal NOT speaking of sloppy food.
          T3 should be taking with quality meal or High Protein shake.

Comment

The reason we taper off is to HELP aid in the the natural production of t3. Think of it as hcg for your thyroid. Your testies go away while on test. You use hcg to get them to come back. Same thing with tapering with t3. Everyones different and sure some might bounce back quicker than others, and remember im only saying the way i outlined it is a "safer" way to use the drug for the long term of your natural t3 production. You might be able to do it like ds222 but imo, the "safer" way speaks for itself
            "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

Originally posted by M FREAKY View Post
              This where the argument comes in PLAY taking T3 on empty Stomach, that’s were your muscle becomes FLAT IMOP. I have taking plenty T3 speaking from my own experience and few ProBB I have trained with we have always followed the same protocol T3 is consumed in the Mid day at high quality Protein intake as well with your quality meal NOT speaking of sloppy food.
              This is exactly why i started this thread. I want to get guys in here to share their experiences and what theyve learned from it. Theres not a WHOLE lot of info on here about t3 so i hope this helps answer any questions or concerns anyone has.

Im not saying youre wrong, this is just what my research has led me to.

Anyone else wanna back this up?

Comment

i also take it with food, not because of any other reason than i feel it makes me feel lethargic when i take it on an empty stomach
                Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

interesting. i've always taken it in the AM before fasted cardio. if i use gh with it, i never feel flat. but then again, i dont go to super high doses either. so you/they take it all at once, vs splitting it up, huh? i do 2x a day, about 8 hrs apart. maybe the 2 lower doses have also played a role in not feeling or looking flat
                  if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

alex. great post. maybe we can somehow combine this info with the stickyed t3 ideas i shared. i wanted to ask, did you come across any info suggesting that thyroid disease can be linked to us using t3? im just wondering because i havent seen that and in my experience as well as the experiences of guys i know in person, it seems like everyone bounces back. some faster than others. because of these experiences, its made me wonder how much of the dangers of thyroid shut down have been over hyped on the internet.
                    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by ds222 View Post
                      i dont taper up or off and my blood work has shown my thyroid back to normal quickly..it also allows me to run it for shorter periods with the same gains(fat loss)
                      I really appreciate the feed back bro!
                      Hawk
                      PASSION TRUMPS EVERYTHING-DAVE TATE

Comment

Ok freaky. I did a little more research last night and yes t3 dies need to be taken with a QUALITY meal, but only for higher doses. Lower dosages, anything under 50mcg, does not require food the be taken with it.

Sam, the only thing i even saw about thyroid disease is that t3 is not typically used to treat it, t4 is more common for thyroid disease and is meant to be taken over a longer period of time due to its low mcg level.

Comment

Ok, of all thinks i've researched T3 seems to have the least information available. So maybe someone here with experience can help out. How long is ideal to run t3? If i'm running it with clen, would i start t3 with clen and run it until i'm ready to come off both the clen and t3 (i.e. stopping after my second clen cycle)? Also, do i run it during my 2 wks off clen inbetween cycles? Thanks.
                          sigpic
                          http://napsgear.net/?ref=276

Comment

Are u running them with an aas cycle?

Comment

I ran T3 without an AAS for a month with very good results, I would have run it longer but my blood pressure was getting wrecked. Basically I was originally planning on tapering up but I decided to start at 50mcg for the first week. I popped all the pills first thing in the morning with a glass of water on an empty stomach and ate one hour later, I also did this when I bumped it up to 75mcg. The first week was nothing crazy just a little warmer. The following 3 weeks at 75mcg I swear I was changing daily without any muscle loss and if there was any I did not see it or feel it as my weights all went up or remained the same. My blood pressure was in the 180/95 range so be warned if you have high BP. My final results were a loss of 13 lbs with no rebound roughly at 2 weeks now. My only other experience with a similar type substance is clen which I hate due to sides. Hope this helps others.

Comment

Working...
                              X