What's your reason?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your reason?

I guess I'm simply interested in knowing why you guys/girls started lifting iron? Did you do it to look better, or what's your reasons?

As you guys know I grew up as the fat kid, so I guess my main reason is to prove to everyone that if you set your mind to something, you can do it. Also, I've always wanted to become, now remain extremely athletic, I don't really care about the aesthetic, I want to remain efficient as a Marine, and to be able to control my muscles the best I can.I guess that's why I chose a more powerlifting/strongman/crossfit approach to my routines. I'm actually not sure why I chose to start using gear, I guess I was curious and I wanted to know what would happen. Overall I know I don't need it to stay athletic but I like the recovery boost it gives.
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

I'm not sure whether or not I made a similar post in the past so .. if i did sorry lol
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

This post would never get old i graduated high school at 5/9 120 at the age of 30 was nothing but an outta shape drunk weighing 145 then some how in a bar with my dad walked up to the biggest kid i ever saw came right out and said where do you get ur juice he looked at me thought he was hona kill me and wrote uncle nappy site on a napkin swear to god my dad almost shit his pants now at 33 im 176 in summer time at 5and1/2 bf. and winters on deca usually 186 ive never been more happy in life. It makes me a better person and havent drank beer in along long time wish i would of started sooner. Goodluck fellas

Comment

Im currently 28 years old and 6'0. Up to 24 years old I weighted roughly 320 lbs. I had a pampered life growing up in the sense my family never pushed me to be or sports or really be active in anything. My mom had a weight problem and both of my parents were rarely home leaving me to eat junk food.

When I turned 24 I decided to turn things around. My knees and lower back were terrible already at such a young age, and girls wouldn't even glance at me. I bought a bike and started riding five miles a day and started eating a healthy, well rounded diet. I want to say I lost something like 60 lbs. in the first six months.

When I was around 240 lbs. I started my first first bit of training, P90X! I loved lifting from that point on. I stuck with P90X for almost two years and dropped to 170 lbs. with 6% bf (I will try and get some pictures).

P90X taught me how to get lean, but I had no size. That's when I stepped into a gym for the first time after reading up on some muscle mags and how Arnold trained

Since then it's become almost an addiction because I love to challenge myself. Every rep, every set I picture myself bigger and stronger. My health is tip top too, no more back pains, no more knee problems.

Oh,many I'm two years married now, and the little lady digs the "night time effects" of test

Comment

I was the fat kid too. Teased for about 5 years and it made me hate myself. I was physically bullied too occasionally. So actually I broke my collar bone in sports and i lost about 8 pounds. I thought wow I have to keep this off. So over that six months i followed bruce lee's stuff and lost about 50lbs. I then ironically was teased for being skinn and weak. also realizing my mother had bigger arms than me. So since then i have gained height and size and every single time i meet someone they ask me if i play football or juice. I also got into martial arts and that helped. I hate fucking bullys man.

Comment

I've always been skinny, I remember a job I worked at. I was doing inside sales and one day I ended up going to a party with my outside sales men to one of our customers. As we where walking around he was introducing me to a few people from the company. One person I met said to me "oh my god, if you get any skinnier you'll fall through the cracks" I was 135lbs then at 5'9". I will never ever forget what that guy said to me. Thats when I started lifting.
            The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
            http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
            http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
            Chat Box Talk And Rules
            http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
            No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
            http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

cant believe this thread died, come on guys!

Comment

Stress relief.. Then it became a passion

Comment

Self-esteem issue for me. When I was a kid growing up, I developed gyno so bad, that I literally hated going to school and out in public. I was also unable to participate in sports due to the sheer pain of those titties getting touched, and what the hell was I going to do in a locker room?

It was in either 7th or 8th grade that my parents insurance agreed to cover the surgery and liposuction to remove my massive mammaries. But I had endured quite a ribbing before that. I'm sure other kids were surprised when I walked into school one day without titties! It also left my chest and nips looking quite odd afterward.

In 9th grade, weight training became an elective class and I took it. I thought it would be a way to make my chest look better, and I liked doing it. Since then, I've lifted "on and off" depending on what else is happening in life. Life seems to be more enjoyable when I'm lifting though.

Comment

I started it because i wanted something to believe in myself and to put my passion towards something awesome. Also so i could help people that wanna make a change, so they can be happier but in order to do that i must make a change in myself and lead by example. Great discussion topic "xamo"

Comment

The party was over. I was 46 and had no energy. Coffee was about the only thing that would get me going and by 4 in the afternoon I was beat. I'm 6"1' was 265 pounds with a size 40 waist and the doctor keeps telling me I better loose the weight or I'm going to have a hart attack. Blood pressure at a limit that the doctor wants to put me on meds. I drink
                      Bud light like I own the company and eat like shit too. Did I tell ya I smoke too... The wife is tired of it all too. Tells me all the time that she wants me to settle down and quit the biker party life. Back to the doctor again.. This time she runs blood work.. My T is in the dirt at 133 and my BP is way to high. Tells me that its time for meds. Shoots me in the ass for about 2 weeks
                      and gives me some creams to put on my shoulders in the morning. I feel like a fucken glaze donut with pin holes... At first my numbers were slow to come up and then all of the sudden ...
                      BOOM!! The test hits. Im like a fuck stick in heat .. I walking around and I feel like I'm 19 again... The old lady at one point told me "Put that damn dick away and stay away from me with it" !!! Hell the dog and cats would see me coming down the hall and would run. I was hooked. Opportunity was knocking at the door. I can get on this and take control of my body and rebuild it. I always wanted to do something like this back when I was younger but found lifting the beer and chicken wings was much easier. So I started with the weight lose... Stopped all beer, soft drinks, and shit foods. Started eating clean and lean. Joined a gym that a friend owns and started working out. Before I knew it I lost 55 pounds and I was turning heads. I go to the doctor on a regular bases and proud to say that my BP is text book. My blood looks like a 21 year olds and my doctor is amazed that I have done what I have done. As for me out of all this I only wish I did it sooner.. BUT that does not stop me from doing it now... Today Im 215 pounds and for the first time I put on a size 32 jeans and I look fucken great. Thats the short story people...
                      Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

I do it because i like to be athletic as possible. Why? Well i have no idea, but its just something i like to stay on top of.
                        sigpic
                        http://napsgear.net/?ref=276

Comment

Working...
                        X