No announcement yet.

Most important supplements on a cycle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you forget to mention that even the best protein shakes are sometimes cheaper than "real" food... so to meet over 400g of protein a day on real food when a steak costs 10 bucks (yep welcome to EU) isn't always the best... I'm obligated to take those shakes otherwise I would never meet my daily minimum
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

400g of protein thats way overboard though aas or not, if ur wanting cheap protein you can get 10 pounds of pollock for about 20 bucks if you know where to shop,but yeah sometimes protein powders can be cheaper then steak/chicken

Comment

It really isn't, depending on your intensity and activity level... not to mention the type of protein as well...
        xamo
        Last edited by xamo; 07-05-2012, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Anyway do the math...a 10 bucks steak here will more or less have 30g of protein. even if you were to take two a day, not counting everything else that you have to buy as well... that would be 280 bucks a month, that for one person for 2 steaks a day. So 60g of protein a day - steak being one of the cheapest meat here. That doesn't cut it. I'm not poor but I'm not ready to waste money down the drain just for this...especially when there are cheap and riskless supplements that can be used as meal replacements.
          xamo
          Last edited by xamo; 07-05-2012, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sebaco2011 View Post
            400g of protein thats way overboard though aas or not, if ur wanting cheap protein you can get 10 pounds of pollock for about 20 bucks if you know where to shop,but yeah sometimes protein powders can be cheaper then steak/chicken
            Please explain how 400g is overkill? For a guy like myself to bulk, at 260 lbs, i would need to take in 390g/day. Thats going by 1.5g/lb bodyweight. Dont get me wrong, im not trying to argue with u, i just want to hear what u have to say.

Comment

Xamo- Wow steak is the cheapest protein where you from damn wish I lived where you're at, its the opposite for the most part in the states, when I read this title I assumed he meant whats the most important health wise, I figured he would have his diet in check, if it was something like whats the cheapest protein source available since I cant afford it, or most important supplements while in a hurry/busy working and cant eat enough/ or something along this lines I would rate things different. Given the situation I figured he was wanting supplements that would benefit his health more then anything which is why I reccomended what I said . Come contest time I know if chicken is going to cost me more then a protein powder that comes from a factory with tons of fillers in it ( unless its Optimum nutrition or a clean brand like that ) im going to go for the chicken because its way more satiating , slower released in the bloodstream so your not hungry an hour later, and not to mention the clean protein brands like Optimum Nutrition are very spendy and their should be no way that you can get that stuff cheaper then a 10 pound chicken breast for like 20 bucks at costco.

if you find a very clean reliable protein source that is cheap though and has a pretty clean profile to it let me know please It appears you found it so I would love to check it out since I could definitely use a shake here and there.

Xela- Check this out its by Borge Fagerli who is VERY respected in this field , and I know John Meadows speaks about him in some of his articles, http://borgefagerli.com/the-final-word-on-protein/ for atheletes and myself I notice 1.5g / per lbm is a very good place, now obviously if your 260 pound lean body mass thats 390grams of protein so yes I guess 400 grams might not always be overkill but I was more so talking about Xamo as I dont think he is quite that big , if he is im sorry. He made it sound like he was the one taking in 400 grams of protein , anything in excess can be bad though thats just common sense. Your better off using the excess calories for essential fats and carbs.

Another article from Lyle Mcdonald about protein http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...-athletes.html very interesting read also and very respected in the nutrition field .

Comment

I'm not big compared to most people here lol.. but I do believe that intensity and routines may influence one's protein intake, a football player will require more proteins yet overall nutrients than a bodybuilder for instance... personally I'm not sure how many I'd need, as I'm pretty sure nobody can tell you accurately what is their exact intake.. Anyway, I think we'll all agree on one thing, better to consume more than not enough ^^ As for that well I do agree, too much of anything may lead to side effects and possible consequences, I don't think I'm going overboard though. Especially when I have over 48 hours shifts... but then you can't know what I'm doing so it's ok. Truth is it seemt to have worked quite well on me, as far as my transformation went... and yes I'm only 180lbs on that picture which is pretty good for me as I used to be over 320lbs..can't recall the number exactly I have tried to forget that number a while back. I however think you may be right, as my diet is extremely low in carbs... yet carbs are needed if you want to take full advantages of the proteins... oh well. lol nobody's perfect

As far as the powders are concerned, I use MusclePharm Combat powder as snack... and ON Hydrowhey post work out.. I'd choose a real meal over any shake but yeah I can't do that.. oh yeah and Universal Torrent sometimes post work out as well depending on the type of work out :/

Comment

So you guys take Creatine, while you are on cycle even with dbol?

Comment

i've used creatine on both cycles and while not on. never used d bol so i cant comment there. to me, theres really no difference in using it on cycle or off cycle
                    "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

id think making sure u get a good multi, EFAs, extra "main" vitamins like C and d would be up there. Also general health supp like a cycle support would work.

I also take some flax, primrose oil and extra oils.

creatine sounds good.

supplement with pro where needed. im not on cycle atm so only shooting for about 1g pro per lb of BW but shoot for 1.5-2 when on aas or ph.

Comment

2g protein per lb bw!?!?!? that might be a little excessive. i would need 520g protein a day which with 7 meals a day comes out to 74g protein/ meal. i think/hope you meant 2g protein per pound of lbm which in my case would be 260(lb) x .19(%bf) = 50(lb of fat) 260 - 50 = 210. 210 x 2(g protein) = 420g protein/day or 60g protein per meal x 7 meals a day for bulking. i would never recommend anyone going over 1.5g protein per lb of total body weight or 2g lbm. the average person's kidneys filter about 200 quarts of blood per day to remove 2 quarts of waste from your system. much of this waste is in the form of urea, a waste product created during protein synthesis. the more protein you consume, the more work your kidneys perform to remove urea from your system. so, excess protein in your diet affects your kidneys by making them work harder than they would on a lower protein diet. with that being said, water and lots of it is also a very important key to any diet, especially a high protein one.
                        "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

Working...
                        X