No announcement yet.

Most important supplements on a cycle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most important supplements on a cycle?

I take a lot of vitamin supplements, but I wanted to ask you all, what are some essential supplements I absolutely should be taking? I'm concerned I'm missing out on something. For example, what about BCAAs? My friend said I should be taking a supplement of these. How important are these, and is there any other supplement that are critical I should be taking as well? Maybe a top 5 list you could recommend?

Thanks all!

Xtend is the best on the market atm...
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

bcaa's should be used in this sport on or off cycle. most important supps while on cycle should be (in no particular order):

1. Creatine
      2. Protein
      3. Bcaa's
      4. Liver Protection
      5. Heart Health
      6. Joint Care
      7. Kidney Health
      8. Blood Pressure
      9. Multi V

i would list glutamine but most of your top BCAA's should have glutamine in there already. i made a post under the "anabolic steroids" section about a great product called n2guard that covers a few of those things that i mentioned plus more. creatine is not really necessary but there are arguments out there that it dramatically increases the results of your cycle which i've never found true.

Comment

I'll make my own order :P just to annoy you xela haha

1. Protein
        2. Fish oil
        3. BCAA
        4. Glutamine
        5. Creatine

Comment

1. Multi Vitamin / Milk thistle
          2. Creatine
          3. Joint Support
          4. EFA's ( if not getting any in diet which you should be )

Bcaas are NOT needed if your eating anywhere near your adequate amount of protein , thats all proteins are , are bcaa's , maybe on a cutting diet they MIGHT be handy but once again if your eating around your bodyweight or more in protein you should have no problems and bcaas are not needed.

Comment

Agree with the BCAA's being in the protein..
            With that said ill go with
            1.protein
            2.creatine
            3.SAM-e
            4.glutamine
            5.Multi-vit

Comment

Originally posted by sebaco2011 View Post
              1. Multi Vitamin / Milk thistle
              2. Creatine
              3. Joint Support
              4. EFA's ( if not getting any in diet which you should be )

Bcaas are NOT needed if your eating anywhere near your adequate amount of protein , thats all proteins are , are bcaa's , maybe on a cutting diet they MIGHT be handy but once again if your eating around your bodyweight or more in protein you should have no problems and bcaas are not needed.
              Non peptide bound aminos are important to take while training because its literally like injecting the aminos right into the bloodstream. You dont have to wait for the body to digest the protein and break them down into use-able amino acids. So, the benefit is in the insurance they provide that the aminos are where you want them WHEN you want them. Otherwise, you are guessing digestion rates, times, etc. I find they are VERY important when cutting and catabolism is more of an issue. If youre taking enough protein in and you end up with net positive protein synthesis, you are OK....with or without taking free form BCAA supps. The question is whether or not you have enough protein in a depleted, dieted down condition, on minimal calories to net that positive balance since chances are, your protein intake will be at minimal since your caloric intake will be at minimal also.

Comment

Originally posted by xela1988 View Post
                Non peptide bound aminos are important to take while training because its literally like injecting the aminos right into the bloodstream. You dont have to wait for the body to digest the protein and break them down into use-able amino acids. So, the benefit is in the insurance they provide that the aminos are where you want them WHEN you want them. Otherwise, you are guessing digestion rates, times, etc. I find they are VERY important when cutting and catabolism is more of an issue. If youre taking enough protein in and you end up with net positive protein synthesis, you are OK....with or without taking free form BCAA supps. The question is whether or not you have enough protein in a depleted, dieted down condition, on minimal calories to net that positive balance since chances are, your protein intake will be at minimal since your caloric intake will be at minimal also.
                Ya I see what your saying there.. The protein shake I take has all the BCAA's included so even on the strictest diet I'll be getting my bcaa's lol

Comment

Originally posted by xela1988 View Post
                  I usually like to fight your arguments to annoy you but I can't here ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Mclovin13 View Post
                    Ya I see what your saying there.. The protein shake I take has all the BCAA's included so even on the strictest diet I'll be getting my bcaa's lol
                    There's a difference in between getting them during the day, and intra-work out

Comment

Xela , the digestion rate is relatively simple to understand I believe its about 4g of protein per hour , Nonpetide aminos ? Chicken/steak/turkey/fish/beef/dairy, will have just as many benefits if not more in some other aspects, so your body uses the protein if it needs it no matter what doesn't matter how fast it gets to your bloodstream its not like your body repairs after a workout in 10 mins... your body respairs the muscles for at least 24 hours , and I dont know of a single protein that doesn't digest within that time frame. Once again bcaas ARE protein , turkey has a very high amount of leuicine in it naturally for example. Just out of curiousity do you also do something like consum a expensive whey protein drink after your workout with some dextrose for that " 30 minute window to make sure you dont go catabolic " ? I haven't used bcaas in a longgg time and whey I only use when I need to get more calories in and in a hury.

If you truly feel bcaa supplements are important in a cycle then I guess theirs no point in disagreeing even when their's nutrition experts who have agreed its totally not needed . Oh here you go by the way so you can see some of the most trusted nutrition experts ( especially Alan Aragon ) saying its NOT needed when consuming adequate protein http://www.mindandmuscle.net/article...-we-need-them/

Comment

No i agree with u. They are NOT needed but i use them as a means of being on the "safe side" plus i do alot of fasted cardio so to me they are crucial for me. Yea i do take in a shake after my workout but only because a traditional meal is not convenient for me post workout with my schedule so i get it in that way

Comment

There is NO substitute for whole food. Just the convenience and added benefits is what makes the supplement industry as successful as it is

Comment

Oh okay , I fully agree with you . I use to take them before I started doing a bit more research , why the fasted cardio though ? Its not anymore beneficial then regular cardio with food in you , in fact you get more calories burned when you have more energy to perform better, but to each their own.

Comment

Well i do the fasted cardio cause im trying to lose bf and cause it works for me. i do cardio twice a day too. First thing in the am and once again after my lifting. Ive been keeping it to 30 mins per session so its usually an hour of cardio/day except on the days i dont lift.

Comment

Working...
                              X