contest results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contest results

well...things didnt go so well for me this time around. i believe it was a result of having carbed up early. i had a hard time losing the added water from all the carbs combined with the extra water i was pushing through my system. i knew something was going wrong for awhile. it just didnt feel right. i didnt see it coming together. i continued to trust in the process and committed to it. in the end, i learned a few lessons.

my body fought me every inch of the way in the last 48 hours. the night before the show, i found myself doing cardio, covered in layers of clothes, trying to reduce the sub q fluid. i've never had to do that before. by the morning of the show, i looked "ok" at best. not good and certainly not great. i made it through prejudging, though i was still holding a layer of water. the more i posed, the better i looked. i had been trying to sweat the water out all morning. it continued to come out through the morning, but it really began to pour while on stage. i looked down and could see a stream of water constantly moving, between my pecs, being pulled down by gravity. within that time alone, i lost another 1 lb or so. i had a bad headache and felt dizzy. my hands and feet had been showing signs of cramping all morning. i went home, thinking a nap would help. i slept for 4 hours. when i got up, my dehydration was bad. dizziness had gotten worse. i felt sick and couldnt consume fluids. my heart was fluttering. i tried to pull myself together, ignoring these signs but it wasn't long before my body began locking up in spasms. these were the worst cramps i've experienced, not only during contest prep, but in my whole life. i didnt make it back to the show and instead spent the eveing in the ER getting fluids pumped back into me. within an hr of getting fluids, i started feeling ok. my BP came down to a reasonable level. it had gotten pretty high at one point 180/130. the cramping began to get easier to deal with. i was able to urinate and drink again, shortly later.
    Attached Files
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

DAMN, Sorry to hear that bud! I was waiting to hear some good news.. Take some serious time off bud...

Comment

well, i dont know about taking "serious time off" but i am taking a much needed break. thanks bro i guess i cant kick ass every time
      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Damn Sam sorry to hear that. Hope you learned something that will help you Kick ASS next time.

Comment

that definitely wasnt the news i was expecting to hear. hope you get back on track soon.
          Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

Sorry to hear it Sam! Just learn what you can from this and take it with you to the next show.

Comment

It's just another stepping stone to greatness. Look at it as it this happened to MAKE you not BREAK you. Can't wait to see you back on the saddle. GOD BLESS

Comment

sorry to hear the Bad luck Sam, sometimes we learn more from our mistakes than our conquests.
                "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Sam, Jesus, I would hate to lose you bro. At one point about a year and a half ago, I was over training to an extreme degree. One day in the gym, I began to go into full body convulsions and spasms. I placed myself in the corner of the room away from everyone and began slamming fluids and controlling my heart rate using a deep breathing technique. It took several minutes before I could move without spasms. I was seriously, (Deathly) scared that the contractions and spasms would be moving to my heart. I've lowered the intensity level from off the charts now... I used to push my heart during cardio like it could not break...
                  Krazy
                  Last edited by Krazy; 05-17-2012, 02:50 AM.
                  Somebody out there is working harder. Somebody wants it more.

Comment

thank you guys. i'm feeling a lot better.

Originally posted by ODB View Post
                    sorry to hear the Bad luck Sam, sometimes we learn more from our mistakes than our conquests.
                    yea, we tried a lot of different stuff this time around. i guess one of the harder lessons to learn was that i can always be my absolute best ever on stage, lol. as logical as that sounds, it still took getting bit on the ass to figure it out. as far as the technical side, i have a good idea of how things ended up the way they did. i certainly will be going back to whats always worked and tweaking that vs try to reinvent the wheel

Comment

Glad your better!! Sam your still the man!!!

Comment

ñòðîèòåëüñòâ

Êðóòî, ñïàñèáî!
                        I believe more follies are committed out of complaisance to the world, than in following our own inclinations. ~Mary Wortley Montagu help them

Comment

Working...
                        X