keto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keto

i've got 4 wks left and still am trying to drop weight to middle weight. i've been sitting around 190 lbs and haven't been able to drop much below that for any length of time. because of this, my diet coach and i decided that i probably need to go ketogenic to get that much more off of me. we'll see how this goes. so far, it sucks, lol. for those of you who have gone to zero carb diets, you know that eventually, it becomes less painful as the body enters ketosis. i'll keep you posted
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

I commend your dedication. Keep us posted on the pain and suffering that is zero carb dieting. You are going to want to assault somebody for a Ritz cracker in 5 days...
    Somebody out there is working harder. Somebody wants it more.

Comment

5 days? talk about 5 minutes lol!!! the girl at the counter at my gym was eating pizza today. GOD! haha yea, low carb dieting always sucks. i'm already in a fog to be honest. every time i type, i have to backspace and fix word after word. lots of sloppy misspellings. i also found myself fall asleep while driving my car today...a few times. yikes!! we'll see how things go in the next 10 days/2wks. if by the end of that time, i'm not making clear headway, i'll talk to my coach about readjusting my gameplan and go in as a tighter light heavy.
      sam1976
      Last edited by sam1976; 04-14-2012, 12:01 AM.
      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

why do you want to go middleweight? that's 14lbs drop in 4 weeks, with little fat to lose. its not hard for a smaller LHW to place well if enough shape and conditioning is present.

Comment

well, heres the way i was thinking... i was 185 at weigh in, so that means i'd need to lose 9-10 lbs, not including water. the scale at our state show is usually light from what i was told, so i probably only need to lose 6-7...still, i'm calling it 10 lbs to be safe. honestly, i wanted to see how i'd look, as an experiment. i figured i got my national qualification at the last show, and my longer term game plan will be to do jr nationals next year, hopefully adding an extra 8 lbs to my back and legs in the off season. so for now, i was conditioned in the last show and i wanted to see how i'd look just that much tighter. i think i have the genetics to be retarded lean. this route, i would probably be the leanest person in the show. if there is anything i would like to be known for, i would like it to be for my conditioning. also, i know at 185, i wont out size many LHW at this show. if i could suck down, i'm hoping i could do more damage. what are your honest thoughts, myo?

Comment

Sam.. I tried ketogenic and it truly was hard. I admire your dedication! I noticed I often had cravings while on keto, do you experience the same?
            Ain't no use in lookin' down
            Ain't no discharge on the ground
            Ain't no use in lookin' back
            'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
            Ain't no use in feelin' blue
            'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

I made it 5 days. After that I was seriously thinking about stealing cookies from children. Understand, I am highly dedicated, and motivated. I was not strong enough. The psychological impact from losing all of my energy in the gym was too rough.
              Somebody out there is working harder. Somebody wants it more.

Comment

i've done keto before. i went for 6 wks at one point.

honestly though...i'm rethinking my over all game plan. 10 lbs is a lot to lose, especially now with only 4 more wks

Comment

As lean as you look it's hard to imagine losing 6-10 pounds? Just be safe buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
                    well, heres the way i was thinking... i was 185 at weigh in, so that means i'd need to lose 9-10 lbs, not including water. the scale at our state show is usually light from what i was told, so i probably only need to lose 6-7...still, i'm calling it 10 lbs to be safe. honestly, i wanted to see how i'd look, as an experiment. i figured i got my national qualification at the last show, and my longer term game plan will be to do jr nationals next year, hopefully adding an extra 8 lbs to my back and legs in the off season. so for now, i was conditioned in the last show and i wanted to see how i'd look just that much tighter. i think i have the genetics to be retarded lean. this route, i would probably be the leanest person in the show. if there is anything i would like to be known for, i would like it to be for my conditioning. also, i know at 185, i wont out size many LHW at this show. if i could suck down, i'm hoping i could do more damage. what are your honest thoughts, myo?
                    unless you're holding extra water or fat now, losing that much weight can't be beneficial IMO. also you gotta consider that you may not make the weight. that will have devastating effect on you, now you're smaller and flat. I think aiming at whatever weight you look the best is the best solution, even if you aren't the biggest in the line up.

Comment

Ull be fine bro, shit ur the one who gave me adivce on how to put weight on when I had 0% appetite. I used to be fine all day with just a glass of milk or two. Once ur stomach srinks a bit it gets easyier.

Comment

Originally posted by myosaurus View Post
                        unless you're holding extra water or fat now, losing that much weight can't be beneficial IMO. also you gotta consider that you may not make the weight. that will have devastating effect on you, now you're smaller and flat. I think aiming at whatever weight you look the best is the best solution, even if you aren't the biggest in the line up.
                        you make some very good points, bro. reading your post makes me feel better about the decision i made yesterday. i opted to stay at LH. i was suffering so much and was thinking about how the pay off may not even be worth the sacrifice. i thought the weight would come off easier than it did. plus after already dieting for about 20 wks, my mental focus is starting to give way to burn out. i'll work on bringing the best package i can bring, regardless of what the scale says. thats what we did for the last show and i was very happy with the results.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X