Personal Training in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JuicedUK View Post
    Thanks Xamo. Shit i never even gave immigration a thought. As a European who can pretty much stroll in and out of other euro countries and as The UK and US are pretty close nations i just sorta assumed i could just move there. Never really considered that point. Is it hard to get working permits/visas etc in the US? I dont have a criminal record or anything. Is there any age restrictions? I think this year i will visit and take a look around. Ive been before, to Florida and W. Virginia. But that was years ago. Ill maybe go for a month or so and do some further research. Im on no hurry to leave. Im not even 100% if i will. I do love england, im just bored of it here and sick of the weather too.
    Hey bro,

To be honest, it all depends on each individual who applies. You wouldn't be looking for a work visa as you would be starting your own business, by so, investing quite a huge amount of money on U.S. soil. So you'd be looking for an investor visa which will allow you to stay in the U.S.- work and pretty much do whatever you want. With an attorney it'll go much quicker as well- without one it might take up to a year for everything to process- with an attorney, a few months.

I didn't specialize in immigration law so I can't really tell you what would happen but that's all I know. I can get you in touch with a good immigration Florida lawyer if you chose to go there though.
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

Thanks alot Xamo. Youve been a big help mate. I will certainly look into finding a good attorney if moving is what i decide. I actually have distant family that live out in California but im not sure which part. I havnt spoken to them for a while but i know if i moved they would help me and probably let me crash at their house till i was on my feet. That would make things a bit easier.

Comment

Originally posted by JuicedUK View Post
        Thanks alot Xamo. Youve been a big help mate. I will certainly look into finding a good attorney if moving is what i decide. I actually have distant family that live out in California but im not sure which part. I havnt spoken to them for a while but i know if i moved they would help me and probably let me crash at their house till i was on my feet. That would make things a bit easier.
        Yeah definitely! Before investing anything though I would definitely get in touch with an attorney as I have no idea how actually "making" a brand new business would be, legally speaking as an investor. I know how that works when you invest into an American company, but as far as making your new business, I have no idea and that's why I really advise you to contact one as immigration is extremely tricky, and you don't wanna mess with it either.

best of luck bro
        Ain't no use in lookin' down
        Ain't no discharge on the ground
        Ain't no use in lookin' back
        'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
        Ain't no use in feelin' blue
        'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

yeah ill defo do that. Certainly got some researching to do. Gettin excited tho. Cheers again bro.

Comment

Ok I live in Sacramento county. My work is based out of LA. Pretty much everyone out hear wants to be a pt but there's not much money in it unless u have all you oun equipment, a hears the tricky part.... And a lot of clients. 4-5 years ago I hired a home based pt an he was charging around 300-400 a month. For 3-4 sesions a week. Good luck getting people to keep paying that kinda money when a gym membership that has a pool, steamroom and free pt's is less then 100 a month. Also anything over a two bedroom house in LA is 4000 and up. Most of them have other jobs an do pt of the side for extra cash.

Comment

I'll tell ya what LA is really like. Lol. A fuck ton of pissed off broke people all tryin to get out of LA. Haha the air gives you cancer. An it really is so costly it's almost not worth it. Tons of mexicans too. So learn some Spanish. Honistly if u did know Spanish u could get a pretty good job. Sacrameto is about half the price. I'd just move a lil farther in land. I'm about an hour an 30 mins from the beach an 6 hours from LA if I drive 120.

Comment

Yeah im starting to think another city might be a better idea. L.A Sounds like London.... without the mexicans. ha ha Ill found out where in Cali my family live. There is just so much choice in America. Its huge. I wanna live somewhere with nice weather and somwhere coastal would be nice. And somewhere multiracial. I grew up in a predominantly white area most of my life and its dull. When i moved to Manchester i loved all the different cultures. I wanna go somewhere with plenty of hot american black girls. mmmmm then again latina girls are pretty hot too. haha. I think visiting and doing a bit of exploring is in order

Comment

But PT is a dying trade everywhere i think. 10 yrs ago a good PT could make a fortune here but now there are so many PTs its ridiculous, for every 1 that makes it there are several who return to their old job.

Ive been considering the option of moving away from PT myself. With the money i have saved i could easily put myself through Uni for 3 yrs and re train in something like Physiotherapy. I have a good foundation knowledge anyway from PT so it should be fairly easy.
                  JuicedUK
                  Last edited by JuicedUK; 04-15-2012, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Denver... Denver... Denver...

You get the best of all worlds in Denver. Multi-cultural, hot black chicks, 305 days of sunshine per year, and beautiful mountains are just a few of the reasons why Denver is such an attractive city to American and foreigners. Oh, and the cost of living is absolutely beautiful...
                    Somebody out there is working harder. Somebody wants it more.

Comment

Denver gounds great mate. Just looked on google images. Does look beautiful. Especially the pic of the denver broncos cheerleading squad. ha ha May have to pay it a visit. Who knows i may even get to meet Eric Cartman. ha ha
                      JuicedUK
                      Last edited by JuicedUK; 04-15-2012, 06:06 PM.

Comment

And Tim Tebow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sike. Awwwwww, sorry fellas. I couldnt help myself.
                        "Stop Crying and Lift!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                        X