massage therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• massage therapy

i really lucked out. i got the name of a good massage therapist this week, who works on competitors in my area. today was my day off and i went in to get my shoulder worked on. i've been having shoulder issues for the better part of 4-5 months. i've been feeling pain in the front delt/pec tie in, upper bicep tendon area. my god, i have never had someone dig as deep into the tissue as she did today. there were points that i was almost in tears lol. it was great. she ended up keeping me on the table for an extra 45 minutes at no charge, just so she could work through everything. my shoulder is feeling good now. she also put a lot of time into my neck and traps, which restored serious range of motion. i'm feeling good. i figure i'll give it a week and then go in to have more work done.

if you havent gone to a good therapist, you should seriously look into it, especially if you have an injury.
    sam1976
    Last edited by sam1976; 02-08-2012, 08:17 PM.
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

you will probably be a little sore tomorrow, i know i am after a good deep massage.
    Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

i think you're right bro. its already starting to set in a little in the areas she really wrenched on. i have high hopes for the work this lady does. i think she is going to be able to fix my problem
      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

my old neighbor was going to school for message therapy so i volunteered to be a practice dummy, it can be great to get alot of the lactic acid out, but it puts it in your blood so you can feel sick/nauseous too for a short period of time

Comment

did she make the ending happy? i miss going to the chiropractor they do wonders.. good to hear it helped tho sam.. u need it its your crunch time bro

Comment

happy endings are on the other side of town....or so iv heard

Comment

leave it to ds to turn it perverted! i believe the man actually does speak from his johnson. it is a very intelligent johnson, but none the less.......

really i'm just pissed that he beat me to it.
              Employ your time improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for. -Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by timguinness View Post
                leave it to ds to turn it perverted! i believe the man actually does speak from his johnson. it is a very intelligent johnson, but none the less.......

really i'm just pissed that he beat me to it.
                i was just responding to a previous comment lol

Comment

i figured someone would take it there, haha. it was just a matter of time!

btw, trained shoulders yesterday. i didnt go hard. where i should be doing seated DB presses with the 110's, i just focused on high reps, and went no higher than 75's. i feel pretty decent today. i think i'll schedule another appointment for next week. this stuff is important guys. we're all going to suffer set backs and injuries in this game. it's all about how we handle them that makes us champians. i've got six wks left to prepare for my show, as of today and i dont have the time to not have a good chest routine...to not be able to blast delts. i dont make much money at all in this messed up economy we're living in, but if this is part of an active recovery program that'll allow me to push through and still work hard, it is more than worth it

Comment

I had the same issue you had.. right in the front delt region and used to kill me in chest or shoulder days. couple of months ago it finally torn while doing front bb raise. now there's a dent in my upper bicep but looks more peaked when flexed and the best part is that there's nothing to hurt from my chest workouts have been great since.

Comment

Being the oldest guy on the forum, your right about keeping your body tuned up w/ massage & chiro. I have to train smart, plenty of warm up. I may be 63 but my brain says I'm 25. I mean it when I say " I'll stop lifting when they pry the barbell from my cold stiff hands"

Comment

Working...
                      X