Raw Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw Eggs

just thought i'd post this link...I have been consuming raw eggs in my protein shakes for years with no problems. iv heard all the myths, 1 being that humans cant digest raw eggs....anyway check this out
    http://www.regenerativenutrition.com/content.asp?id=268
    Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

i get 50g protein from raw egg whites almost every morning
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
      i get 50g protein from raw egg whites almost every morning
      i always try to get a few yolks, esp when im bulking, my strength stays high with them...when dieting ill use about 40% yolks

Comment

blending the eggs does nothing to them. i have to blend them also with my shake. a little peanut butter helps with the texture too

Comment

Liquid egg whites is a great source
          Click On The Link Below Before You Place Your Order!

https://www.1napsgear.org/index.php?ref=3777

Comment

I buy my protein powder from True Nutrition, they let you blend your own formula for powder. I currently blend 25% egg white - 25% meat isolate - 50% whey isolate.
            You can add flavor or get plain, I like the vanilla. This mixture is over 90% pure protein. (divide grams of protein by grams per serving, for amount of protein in the powder you get now) I like to buy in bulk, top notch product, resonable price.

Comment

By the way great article, I always thought that they were bad for you taken raw. I will be consuming raw eggs from now on. When I was a younger lifter, we depended on milk,raw eggs,& brewers yeast for our protein supplements. It sure is easier now.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dude View Post
                By the way great article, I always thought that they were bad for you taken raw. I will be consuming raw eggs from now on. When I was a younger lifter, we depended on milk,raw eggs,& brewers yeast for our protein supplements. It sure is easier now.
                thats why i posted it..there is too much misinformation on eggs out there. ppl still believe those garbage studies done by the government. i eat on average 10 extra-large eggs a day and my cholesterol is excellent. in fact my dad just had his done, the doctor (who seems to be very up to date with his thinking), told him to eat at least 2 eggs for breakfast to fix his cholesterol and a lipid number the doctor said was high.

Comment

There also are a number of myths that have arisen around eating raw eggs, including that they cause gynecomastia(”man boobs”) as well as a increase sperm count or semen volume. There is no clinical evidence to support either of these claims. The connection between consumption of raw eggs and increased sperm count probably comes from the reputation of eggs for being high in amino acids, vitamins and minerals that support reproductive function. But there is no direct correlation between the two.
                  "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

i never heard the semen volume one lol

Comment

The article didn't really explain how cooking them changes the protein would like to have read a little more on that.
                      Stay In The Grind......Muscle Comes With Time

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, somewhere, somebody is tired of her shit !!

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Comment

Originally posted by ~BG~ View Post
                        The article didn't really explain how cooking them changes the protein would like to have read a little more on that.
                        well its from a site promoting raw foods. ill try to find some more info for you. i read some dumb govt "report" that you body cant digest raw eggs which is laughable

Comment

Thats a great article
                          There are no stupid questions just stupid answers, Please dont be asked to be spoon fed though

if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by ~BG~ View Post
                            Theirs this;

A lot of folks choose to eat raw eggs because some nutrients can be diminished by heating. (Although this is true of cooking just about anything, cooking also makes certain nutrients more bioavailable – hence the constant pull and push between the raw foodists and traditional cooks.) Some people feel any change in the chemical structure is to be avoided. Others don’t. Although some vitamins (like vitamins C, B6 and B9) are more fragile and lose potency during heating (the more/longer heat, the more loss), other nutrients are enhanced. As reader Tuscoyote noted in the forum a few months ago, researchers have found that egg protein is more bioavailable when heated. (Thanks for the NPR link, Tuscoyote!) Here’s the study referenced in that interview. The study showed that egg protein is more digestible (94% versus 55-64%) when heated, probably due to alteration of the protein’s structure and the ability of digestive enzymes to infiltrate peptide bonds. Whether you eat your eggs heated or raw (or a little of both) in part depends on your goal in eating them to begin with.

and then this in reference to digestion of raw eggs;

Although egg yolk is actually a rich source of biotin, the white contains avidin, a glycoprotein that bonds with biotin, preventing the nutrient’s absorption. Avidin is generally inactivated when cooked, which makes the biotin in the yolk fully available for absorption by the body. You don’t have to rule out raw eggs by any means. I wouldn’t advise eating them daily for long stretches of time without a biotin supplement (supported within a B-complex intake, since these vitamins work synergistically). If you’re eating them just a few times a week, the risk for deficiency isn’t as great, but I would still do a supplement or at least make sure I was getting a hefty amount of biotin rich food (swiss chard, tomatoes, carrots, liver and others) the days I eat raw eggs. As a compromise, some folks will just eat the raw yolks alone and cook up the whites later.

Who knows everyone has their own medical studies and Ideas??
                            I say eatem raw if you want just not 100% of your eggs.
                            "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

thanks ODB, yea i put my raw ones in my protein shake and i eat hard boiled and scrambles so im covered lol

Comment

Working...
                              X