1 year (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 year (pics)

whats up fellas? Feeling like im finally making some pretty solid gains and wanted to share with you.

im 6"0' and 155lbs in the beach pic. im currently hovering between 178-182 with 10-12% BF. been seriously been training for about 8 months now, and the 25lbs is all lean. let me know what you think!
    Attached Files

haha 39 views and no replies? come on bros...give me some constructive criticism at least!

Comment

you can really see the difference. you've obviously done a good amount of work in the last 8 months. your arm has really nice shape in that last pic. keep it up!
      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Looks like you came a long ways since the beach pic!! Ecto. body types need a lot of calories/ food intake....Eat big and lift big!! Keep it up brotha!

Comment

Good work 25 lbs of muscle in 8 months are the results of hard training, & good eating habits. Look up Frank Zane he has your body type, & made Mr. Olympia) The older lifters will remember him. Keep up the great work.

Comment

thanks guys! and yea I finally realized that your workout doesnt stop after you leave the gym. gotta do work in the kitchen. I aim for about 4500 cals/day. Im trying to get another solid 10 lbs before I run a test cycle.

a couple friends and family members ask me what Im on, and I say "diet and protein!" haha when I blow up from test Im thinking its gonna be pretty obvious.

Comment

Looks good brother, your doing well keep it up. Muscle is made in the kitchen.
              The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
              http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
              http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
              Chat Box Talk And Rules
              http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
              No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
              http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

Originally posted by yeabuddy View Post
                thanks guys! and yea I finally realized that your workout doesnt stop after you leave the gym. gotta do work in the kitchen. I aim for about 4500 cals/day. Im trying to get another solid 10 lbs before I run a test cycle.

a couple friends and family members ask me what Im on, and I say "diet and protein!" haha when I blow up from test Im thinking its gonna be pretty obvious.
                thats a good plan. the more solid your base is now, the more you'll benefit when you add the super supps in. you are one of the rare ones now days. so many of the younger people wanna just hop right on the gear from day one. and they wonder why they lose all their gains when they come off. they never knew how to grow muscle to begin with.

i feel for you, being an ectomorph. i was only about 130 lbs at 5'8, in my 20's when i started training. for guys like us, it's always an uphill battle to add mass, gear or no gear. for me, i've found that using lots of fats helps me to hold mass. i started seeing a difference a couple years ago when i added in 100 grams of fat from healthy sources. then i continued to push the envelope with it. this past year, i was using close to 300 grams a day on top of my carbs and protein. for someone who just burns through clean food, fats will help to slow everything down. if you want to experiment with something like this, start adding in 50g a day and see how you respond. if its favorable, add in a little more. build it up to higher numbers, as long as it doesnt get in the way of eating your other macros
                if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

great post Sam..lots of people think by adding fat you will store fat..not the case for an ecto. for sure...and at 9 cal. per gram, much easier to meet the caloric needs. I know you have an active job as do I. and with the least "thermic effect" of all the macros, it helps keep caloric intakes on track. I have implemented this also in my diet, used to be scared of too much fat, not anymore..long as its the good type (not saturated, and unprocessed,eat it..!!)

Nice progress bro...you are on the right track for sure...
                  one-more
                  Last edited by one-more; 02-06-2012, 01:06 PM.
                  test

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
                    thats a good plan. the more solid your base is now, the more you'll benefit when you add the super supps in. you are one of the rare ones now days. so many of the younger people wanna just hop right on the gear from day one. and they wonder why they lose all their gains when they come off. they never knew how to grow muscle to begin with.

i feel for you, being an ectomorph. i was only about 130 lbs at 5'8, in my 20's when i started training. for guys like us, it's always an uphill battle to add mass, gear or no gear. for me, i've found that using lots of fats helps me to hold mass. i started seeing a difference a couple years ago when i added in 100 grams of fat from healthy sources. then i continued to push the envelope with it. this past year, i was using close to 300 grams a day on top of my carbs and protein. for someone who just burns through clean food, fats will help to slow everything down. if you want to experiment with something like this, start adding in 50g a day and see how you respond. if its favorable, add in a little more. build it up to higher numbers, as long as it doesnt get in the way of eating your other macros
                    thanks for the info Sam! I will def start trying this and see where it takes me. what are some of your favorite foods that have good fats in them?

Comment

Good Work. u will see a big difference with the xtra cals.

where r the Legs?
                      Basis for any physique and what a lot of casual gym rats don't realize is that your body try's to grow proportionately - so big legs = big chest+arms.
                      "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

glad to see someone who is actually doing it right on all the other forums there is thousands of people that are like 170-190 pounds and not even that leant and they cant build shit unless there on aas or prohormones alot of them doing retarded cycles combining like 4 different orals just to gain the same mass they could with a good test cycle btw u ever considered upping cals to 5k with dbol for the first 5 weeks of ur test cycle? i'm sure no one would notice the difference
                        but hey thats just what i think and i'm a idiot so don't listen to me
                        Hackleech

Comment

not sure if your srs about the 5k cals...? I have a hard time hitting 4.5k cals/day. I doubt I could hit 5k cals consistiently for 4 weeks. Dbol should bulk me up pretty good at 4k-4.5k cals/day right?

Comment

you can get up there in calories by adding some stuff to your protein shakes. i like to add raw eggs and quaker oats...check out the thread i started on raw eggs, they also have the good fat you are looking for.
                            Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

^^ thanks I'll check that out. trying to hit the magic 200lbs mark with the upcoming cycle...

Comment

Working...
                              X