Hello and trying to learn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and trying to learn.

Hello, I apologize if I am overloading with info here, but I am serious about seeking answers. I am 54 I have lifting logs dating back to 1982. I have a degree in Health and Physical Education. I am 6'6'' around 225 and probably around 20%bf. I know I am as big as I will ever be with my age and lifting experience, so I am finally looking into a first cycle.

I am doing my best to reduce my bf because I understand that when I start a cycle some of my gains will be water and fat as well as muscle. I do know that diet is MASSIVELY important. I have logged my food intake at various times in my life, but most recently I am found a wonderful program at .... http://caloriecount.about.com. Keeping it here is much more convenient that writing it out and much more informative. Currently I am trying to stay in the 2600-2800 calorie range, with ratios .... protein 40-45%, carbs 30ish, fats 30ish.

As for regime. Over the years I have done various programs ranging from the basic 3x per week whole body to various splits. Currently my program is generally 1-2 bodyparts per session. 8-10 working sets, varying rep ranges, with whole body completed each week. I also walk for approximately 40 minutes around 2 1/2 miles, with some jogging within that 2-4 times per week.

My supplements are 5 grams creatine, 1000mg of tribulus terrestris, per day. I use BSN syntha 6 protein drinks post workout. I had my test levels checked a couple of years ago and they were fine. Actually by the grace of God I am pretty much in as good a shape as I have ever been. The thing is that I know given my age and years of lifting experience that any tweaks in my regime and diet will only at best yield slight changes. The only real change could come from tweaks plus gear and much patience and perseverance. I am just deciding if the gear is worth the risk. I do not mean health wise, since I believe used properly those risks are slim, but legally and financially. I am web searching on a secure site. I also have a hushmail account. Before I purchase any gear I will look into a personal mailbox, since I have read that is the way to go as opposed to a PO box or home delivery. In addition to all of that it is so difficult to know where to purchase legit gear at proper prices. I know there are no guarantees and I am not expecting that. I simply am in search of solid information. I know that different people react differently and there is no cookie cutter cycle that will work for all. I understand that I need to find what works for me. Of course I know it is still very wise to soak up as much info as possible in this pursuit. so I just want to get to a place where I can feel good from a number of people before I move forward. Even though they would not all totally agree, I would hope to get to a place where the general consensus would not see any glaring problems. In my quest for information I have posted this on various sites. I know there is a lot of stuff to consider and I genuinely appreciate any help and insight those with experience are willing to share with me.

This is my proposed 1st ever cycle....

Weeks 1-10 test enanthate 400-500 mgs per week, injected 2X weekly at 200-250mg per pin
    Week 1-10 Start aromasin at .25mg every other day
    Weeks 11-12 - Nothing
    Weeks 13 nolvadex 40 mg every day
    Week 14 nolvadex 30mg every day
    Week 15 nolvadex 20mg every day

Thanks and blessings to my fellow lifters. Looking forward to hearing suggestions, comments, and instructions.

Welcome and its good to add an experianced member to the board. This is a good 1st cycle. However, if you got the money HGH may be the way to go for you.

Comment

Welcome, you will find answer or just ask. Great guys here.

Comment

thank you!! i appreciate hearing for you.

Comment

Nice to have ya bud!!

Comment

Originally posted by sixteentons View Post
            Welcome and its good to add an experianced member to the board. This is a good 1st cycle. However, if you got the money HGH may be the way to go for you.
            I agree, if you have the cash, at your age HGH would be a huge component to add to this cycle. It worked great for me in helping to loss a lot of body fat.
            The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
            http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
            http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
            Chat Box Talk And Rules
            http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
            No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
            http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

Welcome bro, you have come to the right place. These guys here are top-notch! They won't steer you wrong.

Comment

welcome brudda

Comment

Originally posted by MrBig View Post
                  I agree, if you have the cash, at your age HGH would be a huge component to add to this cycle. It worked great for me in helping to loss a lot of body fat.
                  thanks to all of you for the imput. for now i think i am going to try and stay with my proposed first cycle in order to follow the .... keep it simple.... research. however, i am interested in learning more about HGH. perhaps i can add that to future cycles. i will do some more research, but i would love the hear any first hand info about it that anyone is willing to share. i am especially interested with the fat loss because that is something i have battled all my life. i say ''battled'' but at 6' 6'' around 225lb few people ( if any actually ) would ever call me fat or agree with my ''battle.'' in fact a lot of people deem me ''thin,'' or even worse, the dreaded S word.... skinny !! hate that one, even if it is meant by well meaning people as a compliment. i know it will never happen but how i would love to be described as one of those ''gross bodybuilder guys.'' ''gross'' like Arnold, Ronnie, Jay.... bring it on!! : )

Comment

Welcome to JM.For a first run I wouldn't add and HGH.Definitely not needed.Your first cycle should consist of a basic test alone cycle.You don't even know how you will react to that let alone adding in more compounds.Also,I would add in some clomid for pct.Clomid & Novla work great together for pct.Keep the Nolva on hand in case gyno should appear during cycle.

If anything,you could add in some dbol for the first 4-6 wks just to kickstart the cycle but leave it as basic as possible brother.If your training and DIET are in order you will grow like weeds on a basic test/dbol cycle.

Comment

Working...
                    X