Smelling salts and amonia sticks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smelling salts and amonia sticks?

I have seen many videos where a guy smashes something in his hand takes a wif and yells and hits his set. I found out later that it is smelling salts and/or amonia. Really? How effective is this practice?
    Never mistake kindness for weakness...

never done it before. i think it kinda burns and therefore shocks you a little. just a guess. yea, they are amonia caps. i remember hearing an intervew with a powerlifter who said they stopped using the caps and just started keeping a jug of amonia around the gym lol
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

never used anything like this myself, but there is a fella in my gym that has a little bottle of something that he smell's every few set's i asked him whats it is and does but he's polish and don't talk much English from what i understand he say's it clear's his head or something.

Comment

wow so no real benifet that I can see yet. I'm sure someone will chime in and give us the low down.

Comment

man, the dumbells at my gym have rubber over the... heads(?) of the weights. the rubber smells like absolute asshole, you can just sniff them and get crunk
          Pain is just weakness leaving the body

Comment

ammonia is used to snap a person out of faint. it must have some kind of ''rush'' effect.

Comment

I wonder if it induces vasodiolation?

Comment

It's supposed wake you up and give you the focus to get the weight. For some, it gives them an adrenaline rush. Personally, it does nothing more for me.

Comment

so I gave it a shot and it does put you in a kind of a hyped up zone to force some max weight, but damn it burns!

Comment

I use them in my bench meets. They really just clear your head. But I use them as sort of a cue for my set up. When I smell it, I start the mental checklist of things I need to do in order to get those three white lights.

Comment

hi friends,
                      it is more about bench meets, they just clear your head,
                      the things which i need to do in order to get those three lights.........

Comment

Working...
                      X