Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pyramid Volume Training

Description of Workout:

Are you stuck in a plateau? Do you want to increase your strength, size, and muscular definition? Do you want big arms? A sculpted back? Massive legs? Here is your chance! We all know what over-training can do, and we all try to avoid it. But when do we know if were doing enough? For some, training 3 exercises of 3 sets per body part leaves soreness for days, and DOMS the next! But if you're like me, you have been accustomed to lifting, and you need that little extra boost to send your body into an ANABOLIC state.

With this routine, we will hit every part of the muscle to obtain the most gains in; strength, muscle size, and definition. The problem with most pyramids is they are "pre-fatigue" based. Meaning starting with a high rep (12 or 16) and ending with the low strength building bread and butter range (4-7). Because of this, the heavy compound lifts are sacrificed. This routine works from the ground up to deliver rep ranges that yield results in the three most important aspects of bodybuilding.

Not everyone has body parts that stack-up in symmetry and have equal proportions. The key to any sizeable gains is rest. With this routine, where you place your rest days are completely up to you.

With this YOU become the routine designer! I will give you workouts for each muscle group and YOU make the split. If you only have 3 available days to train, make yourself a 3 day split! Maybe you want a 5 day split! It's up to you!

Back

Exercise Sets Reps
    Deadlift 4 6, 8, 10, 14
    Pullups superset w/Lat Pull down 3 Max / 8, 10, 14
    Dumbbell Row 3 4, 8, 12

Legs
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Squat 4 4, 8, 12, 20
    Stiff Leg Deadlift 3 6, 8, 10
    Leg Extension 4 12, 8, 6, 12

Chest
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Bench Press 4 6, 8, 10, 14
    Incline or Decline Bench Press 4 6, 8, 10, 14
    Pec Dec or Cable Crossovers 3 8, 10, 14

Biceps
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Barbell Curl 3 6, 8, 14
    Hammer Curl 3 8, 10, 12
    Preacher Curl 3 8, 10, 12

Triceps
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Incline Skullcrusher 3 6, 8, 10
    Two Arm Seated Dumbbell Ext 4 6, 8, 10, 12
    Reverse Grip Tricep Pulldown 3 6, 10, 14

Shoulders
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Arnold Dumbbell Press 4 6, 8, 10, 12
    Cable or Dumbbell Lateral Raise 3 8, 11, 14
    Bent Over Reverse Dumbbell Flyes 3 8, 12, 14

Traps
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Behind the Back Barbell Shrug 3 8, 12, 14

Calves
    Exercise Sets Reps
    45 Degree Calf Raise 3 8, 12,14
    So you're ready to make a split! If you have a muscle group in mind you would like to bring up to speed, start the split off with it! For example, if you want bigger arms here is what you would do:

Monday - Biceps & Triceps
    Tuesday - Off
    Wednesday - Legs
    Thursday - Back
    Friday - Chest & Shoulders
    Saturday - Off
    Sunday - Off

Remember, rest is the key to gains! Surround your weakest points with rest days!
    F.I.S.T.
    Last edited by F.I.S.T.; 06-19-2011, 01:19 AM.

Sorry guys,I know this might be confusing.I tried to post it up in graph form but couldn;t get it to show up right.The first number in each exercise group is the set and the other numbers are the reps.

Comment

Working...
    X