What should my next cycle be? When?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should my next cycle be? When?

I just finished my first 10 week cycle and I'm into my first week Post cycle therapy. Wow.

I'm 39 years old, 5'10. I went from 194lbs to 202 lbs in the 10 weeks, mostly muscle. Now at 34 waist, 46 chest, 16.5 arms. Body responded really well, but I could also see my body starting to get used to it towards the end.

An amazing journey for sure. Here's a current photo of me:

I took Naps gear's stack:
    http://www.napsgear.net/pre-designed...ass-stack-p482

2 GP Test Enath250
    1 GP Deca250
    2 GP Turan
    3 GP Anastrozole

Layout:

Weeks 1-10: 500mg GP Test Enath250 ( 1ml Twice per week)
    Weeks 1-10: 250mg GP Deca250 - 250mg ( 0.5ml Twice per week)
    Weeks 1-4: 40mg GP Turan per day
    Weeks 1-13: 0.5mg GP Anastrozole per day

My workouts were a split 4 day routine (chest, triceps / legs / back, biceps / shoulders, calves / rest / again?) focusing on drop sets and heavy lifting in the middle of the cycle (weeks 4-8) the first 10 weeks were mostly focused on eating around

I was wondering what would be the best strategy with regards to my next cycle, and what my next cycle should be.

I'll be getting a blood test in the coming month to check my cholesterol levels, and I was planning on waiting at least 3 months before starting my next cycle.

Definitively want to get bigger, stronger and leaner, still have some belly fat, 34 waist want to get down more cut and defined.

Thinking of doing the same cycle again in 3 months, but open to any suggestions here. I heard you gotta put at least 3 beginner cycles under your belt before you get into Growth Hormones, etc...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

first off, good job! do you have any before pics? you've got a solid looking base going there. in the future, you may want to use a little less adex. 5mg adex is pretty high when bulking. i wouldnt suggest any more than .5mg EOD. honestly, if this is your first cycle, 8 total lbs of weight gain isn't a whole lot, especially for taking 3 compounds. dont get me wrong, it's good! but you may have been able to get more gains if you allowed a little more estrogen to remain.

what does your diet look like? as in, whats your macro breakdown?

i think you have a good plan, waiting 3 months and getting blood work done. did you get test levels checked before cycle so that you can test them now to compare?

as far as what to do next and about gh, i'll tell you that GH will do very little compared to AAS. steroids will do so much more for a lot less money, especially for the first 3 yrs of cycling. you could do something similar, maybe try a different oral. really, for your first cycle, you didnt need anymore than test and possibly an oral kickstart.
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Thanks so much for your reply Sam!

I'm not sure what you mean by "adex" is that a typo? You mean .5 a day? EOD meaning "every other day?" Allowing a little more estrogen to remain huh... how so?

my diet was around 3500 calories a day, but looking back it might have been better to go for 4500 a day. Live and learn. 33% cruciferous vegetables, 50% protein/eggs/lean meats and 15% grains (quinoa and brown rice) - no wheat.

I'm planning on starting the same cycle again in November after thanksgiving. (We don't celebrate Christmas, so it's easy for me to focus on the gym.)

But before that I'm going to do another bulking 10 weeks in August and then do a "cut" 10 weeks before I start my cycle in Oct-Nov, to get my body "hungry" for the calories and growth.

The deca/test/turan combo was pretty inexpensive, and I really enjoyed the feeling of them combined. It was an amazing thrill and really made me so happy to work out and make significant gains.

Comment

adex is anastrazole, and he is saying everyday is too much, go with every other day
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body

Comment

Really? How come? All I've read is you want to block the side effects.

Here's my before and after pics:

Comment

personally i use arimidex 1mg eod, for 750mg enanthate 400mg deca 50mg dbol 5iu hgh ed. no bload at all, and very good gains. i tink for high dose arimidex is the best, but for small cycle with small dose arimidex can block every ting. so is proviron my second choise for sure.

Comment

So what you're saying is that taking Arimidex (Anastrozole) .5 mg / day is too much because it interferes with the anabolic properties of stuff like Deca and Testosterone Enanthate? It's better to go .5 mg / every other day (EOD)?

I wonder why they have the Basic Starters Mass Stack set up like this:

Comment

What do you mean by "50mg dbol 5iu hgh ed."

Originally posted by methan View Post
                personally i use arimidex 1mg eod, for 750mg enanthate 400mg deca 50mg dbol 5iu hgh ed. no bload at all, and very good gains. i tink for high dose arimidex is the best, but for small cycle with small dose arimidex can block every ting. so is proviron my second choise for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by edgewaterguy View Post
                  What do you mean by "50mg dbol 5iu hgh ed."
                  ed= each/every day, 50mg d-bol = 50mg of dianabol (methan), 5iu hgh = 5 units Human Growth Hormone.
                  i agree with eod for adex

Comment

voila bien dit merci jimmy

Comment

[QUOTE=edgewaterguy;27091]Really? How come? All I've read is you want to block the side effects.

QUOTE]

yep, you do want to control any of the negetive side effects that can come from estrogen that is too high, but you will experience other side effects if the estrogen is too low. it's all about balance, finding a "sweet spot", where you have enough estrogen to grow and be healthy, but not so much that your chest begins looking like that of a teenage girl lol.
                      so yea, anyway, we are all aware of negetive effects of too much estrogen. there was a time that i assumed the same as you. "just get rid of it" heres some of what estrogen does. it is very important to muscle growth. estrogen sensitizes the androgen receptor. kill too much estrogen off and you'll find you do not grow as well. next it helps to keep plaque from building up on your artery walls, protecting your heart. next, estrogen is necesary for sex drive. take too much adex (anastrazole) and it doesnt matter how much test you're on, you can still develop sexual disfunction. also, i'll mention joints. too much adex will dry you out over time, leaving you with painful dry joints. and its IMO that in this dried out state, you are more likely to get injured. i'm sure there are more pro's to estrogen than i've listed here, but these are some major points
                      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Any articles talking about how small amounts of estrogen help build muscle-- why taking too much of estrogen blockers is a bad thing?

Comment

Thanks for all this awesome feedback Sam! How do you determine you're taking too much Anastrazole? The Naps kit suggested to take 0.5mg Anastrozole per day, which seems to be working great for me. Still hard, got good gains.

Comment

Originally posted by edgewaterguy View Post
                            Thanks for all this awesome feedback Sam! How do you determine you're taking too much Anastrazole? The Naps kit suggested to take 0.5mg Anastrozole per day, which seems to be working great for me. Still hard, got good gains.

Sam good advice as always in my experience (or lack of since it was my first cycle) I killed my estro using .5EOD and the signs did not show up until about week 6 or 7. I basically stopped gaining and plateaued. My strength kept increasing but the scale never changed and at 5k Cals/day I am thinking WTF! Then the joint pain! This was the worst! I got it real bad in my shoulders and quickly noticed my bench press paying the price. This sucked! I eventually rolled the Adex back to about .25 per week and ran a normal PCT but the damage was done. I killed my gains!

I ran it this way because my thought was I don't want any chance of Gyno but looking back I was way overreacting. For my next cycle I will start low and add as needed letting my nips dictate the amount.

Everyone is different but just wanted to give you my experience with my first cycle!

Comment

hi edgewaterguy! i think that you are putting some decent effort into your planning of your diet and training regime as well as your cycle.
                              i agree with Sam,that for a 1st cycle especially the 3 meds you took i would of expected more than 8lb. why did you take adex in the 1st place?
                              i like the pics as well you can see the difference,well done.
                              you say youre going to have some bloowork done. did you get any done before your cycle or is it just chol your looking at?
                              re: next cycle and when to start it,if you havent any bloodwork done before your 1st cycle,you wont have the figures to aim for.
                              usual rule of thumb as youll probably know is time on=time off +pct
                              i only take adex if im running tren,which i dont run anymore anyway. if you dont need adex i wouldnt take it. or do a smaller dose than you did as it will have an effect on building muscle!
                              budgie
                              Last edited by budgie; 06-15-2011, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X