No announcement yet.

sam1976's log : Pt.2 contest prep wk8-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys, it's been a little while since i posted. sorry for my absence. life got crazy getting ready for the show and then i stepped back a bit. i've posted some over at OLM, but for the most part, i needed a little break. anyway....so the show was good. i got pretty much smoked, but it was good. i took 6th out of 9 guys. some guys were already nationally qualified, some were looking to re qualify. so as you can imagine, for my second year as a competitive bodybuilder, i was outclassed. still, i had a great time and got some good experience. they worked us hard in prejudging and pushed us to our ends. i was thankful i spent so much time practicing posing. while some guys were gasping, i was still cool and calm. also, i was the leanest guy on stage, which made me feel pretty good. like i said, i knew i wouldn't be the biggest, but i could be the leanest. unfortunately, my conditioning wasn't enough to outdo some of the amazing and beautiful shapes that some of the other competitors had. i just needed more muscle. what was nice was the head judge of our state pulled me aside to tell me his thoughts. he said what i already knew. i had the conditioning and presentation. now it'll just be a matter of time and the size will come. since i'm in shape, i plan to do another show on sept 11th. the more stage time i can get, the better. here are a few pics.
    Attached Files
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Good job!! I read you will do another show, what's your plan? don't you believe it's time to eat, eat and eat? After a strict diet like your you can eat what you want for 2 week at least and get a lot of quality mass. or the show's addiction is better than food? LOL

Comment

thanks dino. well the next show is just in 3 wks, so i don't have that much time to pig out. as a matter of fact, that only lasted a day. after that day, i put on 20 lbs of water! since then, i kept my carbs and calories high, but this week, am getting them lower again. the water is coming off and i'm starting to see more vascularity through my abs again. i still need to come down about 10 more lbs. i figure it's only a few wks. i'm already in shape. why not get on stage again. this show will be slightly smaller. i'm sure i'll be more competitive there. then i'll start eating and growing. once i start the off season, it's going to last 18 months, the longest time i've taken without a cutting diet, so i'm in no big rush. i'll have a lot of time to grow. ideally, i'll move up a weight class and come back in 2012, bigger than ever, with the plan to get to jr nationals or jr usa's
        if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

20 lbs of water? ok i understand: good luck for the next show i'm sure you will be in shape!!

Comment

Originally posted by dino View Post
            20 lbs of water? ok i understand: good luck for the next show i'm sure you will be in shape!!
            yea, forgive me if if you already knew this but after cutting water dramatically and using diuretics, basically messing up your electrolytes to an extreme degree, it's easy to have a water rebound effect, especially if you aren't careful with your sodium intake. plus, my body really doesn't want to be depleted down to what it had to be to compete. i'm having a hard time getting it together again, after having taken it a little easier for a few days. i'm finding it harder to get strict again. i know i can do it though. i'll keep you guys posted as it comes together.

oh and for this last leg of the season, we changed up the compounds. i'm still using the geneza prop, but now i'm running GP mast, GP oral tren and GP provorin. the tren is pretty intense and only took 2-3 days to kick in. i was taking 2 tabs a day with the plan to work up to 3 or 4, but due to side effects, i actually had to back it down to 1/2 tab, 3 times a day, until i can get used to it, then i'll try to keep moving it up 1/2 tab at a time.

Comment

Dude you are ripped!! Great work!

Comment

Working...
              X