Dogg Crapp Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrition:

Protein Powder: I use Optimum pro complex due to its varied proteins (55gram serving) and 5 grams of glutamine (not glutamic acid) per serving (THATS A HUGE REASON FOR ME)--I pay 38 bucks for 4.4lbs on the net (with no shipping because I buy over 200 bucks worth)--yes I go thru a bucket every 5 to 6 days, but not having to buy glutamine separately and getting in 20-30grams each day of it makes me smile. The protein powder is the most expensive thing in my diet everything else is pretty cheap.

A sample day for me is (with protein grams after each item) – Bulk Diet:

Breakfast: oatmeal(5) with soy grits and ground flaxseeds on top (23) a little bit of milk(2) in the oatmeal and a protein drink (55)=85grams

After-workout snack: two potatoes(7) and a double serving protein drink in cranberry grape juice (110) =117grams

Lunch: (quick one because of my work)-can of ravioli (11) and protein drink(65) (cup of water cup of milk in there) =76grams

Snack: two 99cent big Macs(54) and 2 cups of milk (20)=74 grams

Dinner: 1lb of hamburger (100) cooked drained and then washed off with water thoroughly (to remove as much fat as possible)with condiments and noodles (4) =104grams

I keep reasonably lean by taking in zero to trace amounts of carbs (found in vegetables) after 6-7pm

Night-time meal: six egg white omelet with peppers or peas(20) or roast beef cold cuts with half water half milk protein drink (65) =85 grams

That's 541 protein grams on average and with me usually eating larger portions than measured I probably venture toward 600 grams a lot. If you look at the food I eat its pretty cheap, specially the way I buy it in bulk.

Sample Day – Bulk Diet - Total Calories:

1) protein drink (olive oil 600/milk 210/water 0/powder 260/flaxseed 50+ oatmeal 200+ banana 102=1420cals

2) post workout drink=3 cups cranberry juice 390, four scoops protein powder 520, 2 baked potatoes 284=1194cals

3) chicken rice casserole-cup of rice 190 chicken 581, sauce 150 , two cups milk 280=1201 cals

4) T bone steak 1419, water with lemon (trace), mashed potatoes (400)=1819cals

5) protein drink with olive oil 600/powder 260/milk 210/ water 0 and protein bar 290 = 1360

6) two cups 2% milk 280 and 2 cups cottage cheese 440=720

Total calories: 7714

Comment

Diet Philosophy: For fat sources, I like omega-3's (flaxseeds) and extra virgin olive oils (mono unsaturated fat)--118 calories per tablespoon. I throw 2-3 tablespoons in my morning and afternoon shakes but not in the post workout or bedtime ones (self explanatory). Go slow with olive oil or you will be seat belting yourself to the toilet the first couple days. As far as diet I am like Palumbo in that aspect...I like high protein, moderate (good) fats and low to moderate carbs..I eat the amount of protein grams I want to ingest first and if its before 6-7pm I satisfy the rest of my hunger with carbs. If I go to McDonalds I'll blast as many hamburgers as I can and skip the fries (laughing) but true. After 6-7pm I will go high protein and trace to low carbs (example huge steak and a lot of a vegetable but no rice, pasta or bread).

This is the way I have found thru trial and error that I can keep myself and people I train fairly lean but still have them gaining at the highest rate. I'm not a calorie counter at all. I'm a protein gram counter. I weigh myself and others once a month on the same scale and if they are not gaining I already know they are on high protein so I fix the problem with added mono unsaturates (olive oil), flaxseeds and some extra carbs here or there. A simple way to keep the scale going up: I run into the same problem from time to time and I know I cannot eat any more than I do.....the savior for me is extra virgin olive oil--I work my way up to 3-4 tablespoons per protein drink...118 calories per tablespoon of a mostly monounsaturated fat (besides its other health benefits.)

I like people to do this at their meals:
      1) pound down the protein amount they must get in first for that meal

2) add flax or olive oil to that meal if it allows i.e. protein drinks etc (and its before 6pm)

3) finally eat carbohydrates to satisfy any other hunger pangs at that meal and don't worry about grams! If you cut your carbs off at 6pm the night before you can pound raisin bran at breakfast and pasta at lunch etc etc your not going to have to worry about it (your going low carb after 6pm again tonight) Off-season you shouldn't feel like your abstaining or dieting--hell if you want 25 chocolate chip cookies--pound them down at 2pm (after you downed your protein drink first) After 6pm worry about carb grams--keep them low to trace--just delete potatoes, pasta, bread, cereals after 6pm and boatload all the corn, peas, or
      vegetables you want with your (after 6pm) protein sources.
      Way to cut cost of eating: I buy in bulk period. I buy eggs (5 dozen), ground beef(10lb chubs), rice etc in bulk and save a grip of money. I also always buy according to unit price which seems simple but most people overlook it. I scour flyers for steak deals and go to the supermarket that is selling London Broils for 1.87 a LB and snatch up a slew of them. I am a stingy frugal shopper--my biggest expense is protein powder (I use the 4.4 Pro complex). At lunchtime at work every day I go out to eat (otherwise I go nuts eating homemade food all the time). I am "COUPON BOY"---I get tons of restaurant coupons in the mail
      and use them religiously.

Comment

Cutting Diet: Lets say "John Smith" is a 275lb bodybuilder holding 16% body fat in the off-season. He is smooth but his heavy training and high protein eating have made it possible for his body to hold 275lbs with probably an ideal contest weight of 226-234lbs or so. Since his present diet is allowing him to hold a "hypothetical" 230lbs of lean mass, what do you think is going to happen on a "cutting diet"....oh he will get ripped but probably at a 60-40 or 70-30 body fat to muscle mass ratio loss. My opinion is to leave the training heavy and leave the diet 90% what it is. The only changes I would make are to be religiously strict with low/trace carbs after 6pm and drop dairy 6 weeks out. Let the cardio take off your body fat!

Forty five minutes at a slightly brisk walk on a treadmill first thing in the morning on an empty stomach-- on every day except leg days will do it. Add in maybe usnic acid and a thermogenic and your going to end up inside out shredded. That's from a bodybuilding standpoint as I hate seeing someone gain 15lbs of muscle from training so hard in the off-season just to panic diet it all off trying to get ripped. In a general everyday sense for people who don't care about losing 8-20lbs of muscle mass on their way down to leanness,--cardio and a cutting diet will work faster for them. Again, the diet I prefer is high protein, moderate carbs, and moderate good fats (olive oils, flax oils, EFA's)--your stomach is always going to be full on this diet and I want it to be. A main staple of my way of doing things is cutting carbs at night.

The only carbs coming in after 5, 6, or 7pm (depending on your schedule and your meal timing) are trace carbs found in vegetables and such.

By Dante a.k.a. Doggcrapp,

Comment

i think i got it just one question. when not doing rest pause am i doing say flat bench x4 sets or to fail?

Comment

Decided to give this a try. I'm battling tennis elbow in my left arm and I simply cannot do any "secondary" movements that involve my palm facing down (ex: high pulls, lateral raises), so I figured now was the time to try this as it concentrates on "primary" movements.

I've always typically trained lower volume anyway, so it isn't a huge change for me. A normal workout for me will involve 2 exercises per bodypart with 3 to 4 sets on the primary movement and the last set to failure, followed by a couple strip/drop sets. 2 sets on the secondary movement with a strip/drop on the 2nd set.

So today I did a couple of warm up sets then proceeded to go to failure on my first set. I couldn't remember what bodyparts he recommended training together, so today I did back and shoulders. Not correct. Don't know if it matters. I have to do my best with the equipment in my gym (there are no free weights). So I started with a machine pulldown at 150lb. At rep 11, I could not get the whole rep, about 3/4, I did a few more until I could not get more than 1/2. I rested long enough to get about 15 deep breaths, then proceeded again to get 7 full reps, and than did a few more until I was only getting halfway. Rested for 15 deep breaths once more and got 5 more full reps and a few 3/4 reps.

I rested for another 15 deep breaths then did the static hold. I pulled the weight down about 3/4 and held for about 8 seconds until I started to lose strength. I fought it until about 1/4 way, for another 4 or 5 seconds, and racked the weight. What a wonderful burn, that I haven't felt doing any other overload technique!

That was it for that exercise, and I moved on to a seated row machine utilizing the same technique.

I finished my workout today about 10 minutes faster than usual. But I did feel fully pumped and drained when I was done. I plan to stick with this for several months, and I'm interested to see the results.

Comment

Sticky this one?

Comment

This most definitely seems pretty cool FIST I'm going to have to try this out. I was confused at first what the thread was about due to the title but it is very interesting. Cool Post!

Comment

My results after 30 days of dc (dog crap) training. I've really had success on the following lifts:

May 1.......................................... May 22
                  Bodymaster pulldown machine........... Bodymaster pulldown machine
                  150/failed at rep 13 first set............. 160/failed at rep 18 first set

May 1 ............................................ May 22
                  Bodymaster Row............................... Bodymaster row
                  120/failed at rep 11 first set ............... 120/failed at rep 21 first set

May 3......................................... May 27
                  Leg Press..................................... Leg Press
                  410/failed at rep 17 ........................450/failed at rep 18

May 9............................................... May 23
                  Pec Deck ........................................ Pec Deck
                  120/failed at rep 16 ............................150/failed at 16

Triceps have increased strength decently too. My shoulders haven't responded as well ( just a 5 lb increase with 2 more reps). Just noticed a boost in bicep strength last workout.

This has been done while in calorie deficit. Not a lot of cardio during this month - 4 sessions.

Comment

Working...
                  X