No announcement yet.

Fat burning diet: What should I change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats up guys thought id check in. I'm starting to look a little better, when my gear gets here i will be doing pretty well. Here is my question, for my diet (Cutting). When is the latest to have my last protein drink. I have been super sore so i'm trying to push the protein, but i'm afraid if i take it before bed it will fvck up all my hard work for the day. What do you guys think?

Comment

If it's low carb, you can have it at anytime, even right before bed.

Due to my schedule I'm usually having my last meal around 11 PM. No carbs, but plenty of protein.

Comment

I also used to have shakes premade and wake up during the night and down one and then go back to sleep.Great way to keep your body out of a catabolic state during those long sleep hours.

Comment

Ok, thanks Girlyman and FIST. Yea I am starting to see results, but i'm realizing I need to work on the confidence a little too. I am a very out going guy and attractive (Sounds like i'm full of myself lol) ,but because I look way worse than I did before I got married, and I suck at closing the deal with the ladies atm. Fyi for those who don't know my ex wife and I split about four months ago or so, mab a little longer. Anyway I haven't been laid yet and I know if I don't find a fvck buddy by when my gear gets here my right arm is going to explode. I know none of this you guys can help me, with I'm just venting. Thanks for listening or laughing at me. Either way its just good to be heard. As far as the protein I may start taking in the night like you FIST because I feel hungry all night long.

Comment

Your diet has no healthy fats at all in it..(all natural peanut butter or olive oil). You have to take in fat to burn fat. And there is way to much protein powders in that diet in my opinion. You neeed to take in more food for your protein, and use the protein powders more sparingly.

Comment

Finally got to read thru all the pages here.Some great doet info given.

I have to agree about the fats.Fat is what your body burns as energy and when you don't have fat to burn,you will start to burn muscle and store whatever fat you do have.Your body sort of gets in oanic mode and tries to keep fat thats there.There is a fine line between staying lean and losing muscle brother.

A little bit of fat wont hurt you and will in fact help you.When you have a proper fat intake your body will be put into the right mode to burn that fat as your energy source while still letting you build muscle.That is your goal anyway right? Gain as much lean muscle as you can? You cant bulk with nothing to bulk from.

Glad to hear you are going to try the mid sleep shakes.They are a great way to add some quality protein and fat.Add a couple of tbsp of natural peanut butter to the shake and theres the fat you need.Plus by taking this late night,it will really help you get thru ther rest of the night peacefully.Dieting is such a bitch so believe me,ive had those nights laying awake in bed miserable wishing I has a cheeseburger.LOL.This will take the edge off and let you get that sleep while giving the xtra's you need.

Good luck man.

Comment

Sounds good fist. I will grab some all nat peanut butter tomorrow and add it to my shakes. Does it break down in the shake or will it be like those nasty peices of the powder that turn to little protien buggers? Oh and itialian btw ive sorta went rogue from the diet. I really want to lose this fvcking weight so for instance today, i woke up had protien drink and a can of chicken. At lunch I had another can of chicken. When I got home I had another protien drink then went on a six mile bike ride. When I got home I had salmon (Fist size) and a handful of broccoli. I know This is prob not enough for the day , but I want to hit my goals so badly I'm PAST trying to save all my muscle. I am trying to do the bare min and keep my metabolism from shutting down. If I lose some muscle, life goes on, at least I will look good in the muscle I have. I'm guessing 3 months and I will be very lean and can start putting on muscle again.
                Just1more
                Last edited by Just1more; 06-06-2011, 04:26 AM. Reason: I added color to the names for easy reading.

Comment

No brother,aside from the peanut butter taste you won't even know its in the shake.

I know you're desperate to lose wt but always remeber that the way to do it not by starving yourself.Your body will always keep a certain equilibrium and when you put it thru sudden and extreme changes its going to try to combat it.In starvation diets it does this by storing whatever fat it has and/or is taking in and will stop burning that and start burning protein as energy.It wll also start pulling its resources from muscle as well to compensate for this lack of nutrients not coming in.You always want to try and keep your ratios in proper order.Low enough fat to not store it but enough to burn as fuel.

Good luck brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Just1more View Post
                    Sounds good fist. I will grab some all nat peanut butter tomorrow and add it to my shakes. Does it break down in the shake or will it be like those nasty peices of the powder that turn to little protien buggers? Oh and itialian btw ive sorta went rogue from the diet. I really want to lose this fvcking weight so for instance today, i woke up had protien drink and a can of chicken. At lunch I had another can of chicken. When I got home I had another protien drink then went on a six mile bike ride. When I got home I had salmon (Fist size) and a handful of broccoli. I know This is prob not enough for the day , but I want to hit my goals so badly I'm PAST trying to save all my muscle. I am trying to do the bare min and keep my metabolism from shutting down. If I lose some muscle, life goes on, at least I will look good in the muscle I have. I'm guessing 3 months and I will be very lean and can start putting on muscle again.
                    Can of chicken? That stuff is garbage, loaded with sodium, etc.. you need to cook up some actual chicken breasts from the market. And dont be using peanut butter all the time for your fats, spread it out.. Use a variety..olive oil, avocados, peanut butter, etc..

Comment

lol. I laugh because I had half a large can of salmon for dinner. LOL. I will start cooking more that's a good idea.

Comment

Here is a update. 3 weeks ago I was exactly 218 lbs. Today I am 210. My neck has grown slight larger and my waist is slightly smaller. I lost 2% body fat. These measurements were take for me. I am feeling stoked, and though my diet can use a little help(Alot of help). I have only gained muscle and droped fat so far. Once the gear gets here I should be doing well!

Comment

Good news brother.Keep it going.Just remember,its long term you're after.It drops quickly but can also return quickly so keep things tight and you'll stay there.

Comment

Fat burning foods are here
                            Salmon
                            Beef
                            Turkey
                            Broccoli
                            Edamame

Comment

So here we are. Started my cycle of test-e & whinny /nolva. I forgot how much I hate the pain in my ass from the test. Anywase diet is solid now. Starving my self is stupid. I was down to 207 on the 13th. I am up to 212 last night which I believe is from the test. Seems quick but the scale doesnt lie. What do you guys think.

Comment

Thank you bitches for all the help. BTW

Comment

Working...
                                X