No announcement yet.

Fat burning diet: What should I change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, I would like to have alittle more for mea l1, but no fruit, I just want to eliminate the fruit. What about oatmeal that could be a good fit. Yea? I could add a few things to the oatmeal to hit my numbers.

Comment

I would think oatmeal would be great. At the same time to get the most out of your early morning cardio workout I wouldn't want anythig more than a protein shake. Maybe some oatmeal after early morn cardio.

Comment

Well I think we got it! This diet with all the cardio and keeping in the gym hitting the weights, I should see some good results!

Cutting diet: By Just1more
        **A plan to shred fat without losing muscle**
        Written for a 200lb male over 21 y old

7:00am Meal 1: protein shake (16g carbs and 25g protien) 8:00amBefore morning work out=cardio

7-11am ? gal of water and 1 cup oatmeal(25g carbs and 300 cal)

10:00amMeal 2: 1 can chicken(60 cal and 12g protien 1 cup Brown rice(216 cal and 45 carbs)

11-3pm ? gal of water

1:00pm Meal 3: 1 cup veggies(27 carbs and 150 cal), 1 chicken breast,(375 cal and 30g protein) and 1 scoop protein powder(8g carbs and 12g protein)

1-4pm ? gal of water

4:00pm Meal 4: 8oz chicken (400 cal and 40g protien), and 1 scoop protein powder (8g carbs and 12g protein) Evening workout=weights

4-7pm ? gal of water and 2 scoops protein powder(16g carbs and 25g protein)

7:00pmMeal 5: 16oz of fish or another extremely lean meat(500 cal and 80g protein)

DO NOT EAT ANYTHING ELSE TILL THE FOLLOWING MORNING AND GET AT LEAST 8 HOURS SLEEP TO REPAIR. Water is allowed

Totals for the day.
        Protein 236g
        Carbs 145g
        Calories 2001g

Comment

Diet looks good but I think we should take a step back and ask what your overall goal is. Your diet is really tailored more towards bulking, while it does have cutting elements. Bman is correct, given what you've told me in pm you should be aiming for at least 1.5-2 grams per body weight of protein. That's minimum 300grams.

Also given your cardio plans, i'm assuming you are already an avid runner. No way in hell you'd get me running 4 miles lol. With that said, gauging your cardio based on miles is ok, but i'd rather gauge on time and intensity. I.e. 20 minutes in the morning at medium intensity (3.5 - 4 on the treadmill). If you are not a runner, then i'd stay clear of running all together and just do the treadmill on an incline at a brisk walk, or some HIIT training on the eliptical/bike. Less stress on the knees.

But again to repeat the first question. What is your overall goal in more detail? Lose fat/gain muscle sure that's everyones goal. I.e. Are currently at 25% and looking to drop BF% in 12 weeks?

EDIT: Ok I wrote this looking at page 1's revised diet, didnt see page 2 of this topic. Your new totals of 236,145 look better. Bman is correct again, gotta add healthy fats. Usually when you're listing macros you include the fat amount as well. I'd shoot for around 50-60g of healthy fat. Easiest way is to add a salad to one of your low calorie meals (meal #3) and add 4 tablespoons of olive oil (either regular or extra virgin, doesnt matter). You're looking for monounsaturated fats. Avoid saturated fats.

Everything else I said still applies, but you're getting closer to a cutting diet now.
          GirlyMan
          Last edited by GirlyMan; 05-18-2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

google Palumobo diet. enough said. its brutal but works.

Comment

haha jock yeah I use keto to cut and have about 3 carbs meals one in the morning which is about 2 cups of oatmeal , a couple pieces of fruit preworkout , and some simple carbs postworkout . I do that every 2-3 weeks depending on how I feel mentally and wow you will get shredded and at a really fast pace , already 3 days into my diet and call me insane but I sometimes feel better when cutting then I do bulking just because of the fact I feel like im accomplishing something tough but very rewarding, only part I hate are these damn clen shakes -.-

And im all for what bman said about you getting more calories from healthy fat theirs alot of studies that have shown EFA's such as fish oil caps taken as a standalone will reduce bodyfat alone without a change of diet, it was even mentioned by Arnold in Encylopedia of Bodybuilding
              sebaco2011
              Last edited by sebaco2011; 05-18-2011, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Girly I tried to send you a message but your box is full. I run 2 miles, 3 times a week currently, and enjoy running. so the running will be difficult but I know I can do it. as far as the fat to add to the diet, what about adding some almond butter or another health nut butter. lol sounds funny. Anywase, what do you guys think?

Comment

I've heard of others using the almond butter. I've never personally used it but I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's monunsaturated. Some almond butter on your veggies would be nice.

inbox is empty now.

Comment

Hi guys,..
                    The most effective fat burning foods are,..

Almonds (no salt):
                    Coffee (black)
                    Cranberries
                    Olive Oil
                    Spinach
                    Skim Milk
                    Apples
                    Carrots

regards,..

Comment

Originally posted by Aniela View Post
                      Hi guys,..
                      The most effective fat burning foods are,..

Almonds (no salt):
                      Coffee (black)
                      Cranberries
                      Olive Oil
                      Spinach
                      Skim Milk
                      Apples
                      Carrots

regards,..
                      An interesting list that may need more clarification:

Almonds - Healthy fat, but take in moderation (small handful).
                      Coffee - Dieuritc, not a fat loss. But caffene is good for a boost while calorie starved
                      cranberries - helps clean out the system, good for detox, not really a fat loss but used while cutting.
                      Olive Oil - healthy fat
                      Spinach - Fiberous Carb, no effect on fat loss, just good for you
                      Skim Milk - Not related to fat loss, I don't drink milk personally. Too many carbs
                      Apples - In moderation and early in the morning. Simple Sugar. If cutting, you can replace all complex carbs with simple sugar for some rapid weight loss.
                      Carrots - Fiberous Carbs, no effect on fat loss.

Comment

Originally posted by iPenetratah View Post
                        I would avoid fruit during any cut, and skip breakfast and pop some Amino's for some fasted cardio, otherwise, that meal is just being used to fuel your cardio.

Another vital error is not listing any EFA's. Fish oil should be a staple to any diet.

And cardio is not the best way to cut fat and maintain muscle, especially, grueling cardio. You will more than likely burn muscle, and if you are eating carbs to power your cardio, then your plan of attack, might not be ideal.
                        I agree! Maybe, for me at all, AD is the best solution for losing fat and improving body composition.

Comment

Weight

I just weighed my self tonight . 238 need some ideas on meal plans my diet is clean but idk what else I should do my cardio is any were from 40 to 45 a day at the gym I am wanting to drop to atleast 200 for first goal . I also thought bout Stan what is he like if I never used before

Comment

I need to lose my gut and that prob take off 30 lbs say for example if i weighed 270 and was at 28 % body fat what duet would ido I want to drop fast I'm at 230 with a beer bell basically lol I need to loose this ASAP

Comment

Diet is going well, but im at the stage where my joints fvcking hurt, chicken makes me wanna puke,and I dream of a nice cold beer. Oh how the start of diets are so much fun. Anywase just checking in to say i'm still going strong, but hate my life right now. lol. I will have a more uplifting reply when I start to see results in the mirror, because right now all the results are in my head with a voice in the background saying fvck you. Wow that was deep.

Comment

I agree, dieting down sucks. Hardest part for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X