Stubburn Bicep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stubburn Bicep

All I have ever wanted are a pair of nice arms.. being 6'3 I got long arms! ONE day I will know what it feels like to fill out a shirt sleeve lol..

I cannot seem to get my bicep to grow to save my life!! seems like almost every muscle in my body responds but my bicep. I can literally kill my biceps on arm day.. muscle failure etc however that damn muscle will not get sore.

I know getting sore doesn't particularly mean I didnt get some tearing done but when they dont respond over time I get very frustrated.. I mean I worked out tri's the same day and they are still sore from Monday.. I dont feel a damn bit of anything in my bicep. My training coach seems to think it will happen in time.. we just need to work on shocking them which I do believe that will help.

I was wondering is this normal?

Anyone else has this same issue and how they got their bicep muscle to respond?

DMB
    Body please don't hurt the gym for it knows not what it does to you..

So whats your bi routine?

I'm 6ft and my biceps look pretty good with only two exercises.

Comment

I'm 6'2" Bi's good. how long u been lifting? Form is important.

-Try tiring the Bi muscle by doing heavy preacher curls (preferably on machine) 1st then a Bi mass exercise-(straightbar or ezbar curls, helps keeps ancillary muscles out of equation, If this works ur Form may be poor)

I do (HEAVY) straight bar curls 3x5-8(same bar as bench) then preacher curls 3x10-12. then next Bi workout I use ezCurl bar + preachers - works great for me? nothin exotic
      "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

all i do for bis is straight bar cheater curls and incline bench dumbell curls and have seen great results... though no matter what I do my damn right arm is early 1/2 inch smaller than my right.... irritating...

actually though I think the real key is to build a strong core and the extremities will follow... I see a lot of guys in the gym doing curls, curls, more curls and some skull crushers but they never hit the dip wrack, seated row, or bench... and they aren't growing... bodies have an equilibrium if you want your arms to grow work your legs and core... I used to do no legs (bad knees) but recently added in high rep jump squats (no weight) and bang... I added an inch to my arms...
        atavist
        Last edited by atavist; 05-04-2011, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I have long arms as well. Guys like us just take longer to fill out. I use to overkill my biceps till one day I backed off for a week and started back up only once a week with 3 exercises 3 sets each and mine blew up.
          Muscles are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. Eat big to get big.

Comment

Id like to see your workout as well.

Sometimes you just have to change things up to make them grow brother.Try something new.

Comment

Originally posted by F.I.S.T. View Post
              Id like to see your workout as well.

Sometimes you just have to change things up to make them grow brother.Try something new.
              I second this.

Comment

Hey Gentlemen! thanks for all the help..

I have been working out for about 3 years but not full time due to injury in my teres minor. I got that under control now so I have been really focusing on this for just 2 months now but I'm in this for the long hall.. Before the injury as a first time in the gym I got about 6 - 8 months (test e 500mg cycle) before my injury but was having the same issue with my bi's.

Side note.. my first time around I was using Test E. 500mg a week. Now I'm rounding week 7 on cycle. 600mg Test E. (I have some deca that I am considering stacking with). Anyway thats for a different thread.

atavist, I have heard that before where the body has an

I admit to being such a newbie that I would do basically the same workout for bi's and that was part of the problem is not changing up much. However since I got a training coach we have done different things.
                I have done
                preacher curls (seated),
                straight Bar Bell curls,
                standing dumbbell curls,
                seated incline curls,
                reverse curls
                forced negative preacher curls where he would pull down on the weight slowly as I tried to pull it up... I dont recall the actual workout because I keep my workout journal at the gym.

but so far even when I change up to new exercises I still dont get sore... I do get to muscle failure specially in my left arm because its the weaker of the two. 15.5" right arm and 15" Left arm!!! damn skinny ass arms...

I will post my actual last two workouts when I get my journal..

DMB

Comment

Originally posted by atavist View Post
                  all i do for bis is straight bar cheater curls and incline bench dumbell curls and have seen great results... though no matter what I do my damn right arm is early 1/2 inch smaller than my right.... irritating...

actually though I think the real key is to build a strong core and the extremities will follow... I see a lot of guys in the gym doing curls, curls, more curls and some skull crushers but they never hit the dip wrack, seated row, or bench... and they aren't growing... bodies have an equilibrium if you want your arms to grow work your legs and core... I used to do no legs (bad knees) but recently added in high rep jump squats (no weight) and bang... I added an inch to my arms...
                  Man I have heard that before.. where someone once told me to get my legs bigger and the arms will follow.. my problem is my legs are the second most hard to gain in size.. Im training hard and have increased my calories to 3500 but maybe I need more.

6'3
                  24% body fat
                  15" left arm
                  15.5" right arm

Comment

wait a minute... you didn't mention your BF% before... at 24% BF the best thing you can do for your arms is drop the gut.... 15.5 inch arms aren't shabby if you've got a thin waist... it's all about proportion... I'm 6'2, when I had 15.5 inch arms I was around 195 at about 12% BF ... and I always got compliments on my arms...
                    Proportion is the biggest part of total appearance... if you're thick in the midsection 15 - 15.5 doesn't look big... if your svelt it does...

I still say stick to mostly compounds, but I'd drop the cals down to less than 2k and up the cardio to drop the excess BF before I worry about arm size... your midsection has a headstart on your arms at the moment... you keep taking in 3500 calories it will probably stay in the lead and they will never LOOK big.

good luck, whatever route you take.

Comment

yeah I know.. its a bit much on the fat but I have been eating clean just a lot.. I have no issues with cardio so I can get it off pretty fast. That makes sense to reduce the gut and make the arms look bigger.. however does that really grow the arm bigger? ya know...

its like okay eat less to lose a little fat but the reason I was even eating more was to grow but thats not happening like it should at week 7. I guess I was thinking yeah fat develops faster than muscle but when this gear kicks in it will be on like donkey kong.. but that never happened so I am left with a mini tire on my mid section..

Anyway im working to get my gear corrected and I think I will reduce the cals a bit till that happens.. (as I eat my cheat meal) lol.. I rarely have cheat meals though. I'm somewhat lucky I guess my military background got me used to eating the same thing so now I mainly eat for macro's not taste anymore..

I was joking with my training coach.. I was like "one day I will know what it feels like to fill out a sleeve.." he was like just buy smaller shirts... smart ass! lol..

I cant buy smaller shirts they will come stop at my waste being 6'3... only thing to do is go UP.. I'm ready for it!!

Comment

DMB, my calf's are the same way the best thing in my opinion is, like a few said here stick to main building and go heavy. when a body part is hard to build it takes longer but it will come, (don't get frustrated) concentrate hard on that part every set and every rep with good form. jm2c
                        The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
                        http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
                        http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
                        Chat Box Talk And Rules
                        http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
                        No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
                        http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

indeed MrBig, between shocking them and lifting heavy I know they will come. do work.. !

Comment

Working...
                          X