What keeps you motivated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What keeps you motivated?

Keeping up the habit of working out every day is tough for most of us. What are some ways you keep yourself motivated to hit the gym on your off-days?

I think we had this same discussion a couple months ago...

.... for me the answer is easy... Sex... being as appealing as possible to the opposite sex and being in the best shape possible for as much prolonged sex as possible...

Comment

IMPROVEMENT!!

Not just in trianing but in life.I am always looking to grow and improve and will never settle for second.Can you ever be first in everything? No,but im sure as hell gonna go balls to the wall 24/7 trying to be.

Comment

Pinkys lol I would have to say guys like safelife watch vids of cutler Coleman and everyone else that strives to be the best they can be to reach a goal and exceed it and to wake up to another day and be able to lift heavy ass weights

Comment

Originally posted by F.I.S.T. View Post
          IMPROVEMENT!!

Not just in trianing but in life.I am always looking to grow and improve and will never settle for second.Can you ever be first in everything? No,but im sure as hell gonna go balls to the wall 24/7 trying to be.
          yeah... all that good stuff too.

Comment

Originally posted by atavist View Post
            yeah... all that good stuff too.

Nothing but my man.

Comment

I think for me it's the satisfaction of knowing, everyday I get up and go to the gym, its one more day I will not be like the 80% of Americans that are considered obese. Its one more day that I can walk down the street and have nearly everybody have to take a second look. They can on the outside scoff and say gym rat or juice head but inside, they are wishing they had the drive and determination to look like that. Men, women,girls and boys all look at you and that's the closest they will see to a chiseled super hero. Could the 80 percenters stand up if called upon and do something heroic? Would they stand up and do something heroic? Maybe.....maybe not. How many times do you see desperate acts of heroism carried out by the weak and out of shape? I don't think there is one person on here that if called upon, wouldn't stand up for the less fortunate. That's how much I believe in the people here and thats the amount of respect i have for all of you. Sure there are some that are purely vanity driven but I still hang my hat on the fact that if called upon, they would step up. We are all a different breed of people on here, we are the five percenters. Whether we are Americans, Europeans, Africans, Asians or south Americans. On here, we are all brothers, we are united by a bond that the other 95 percent will never understand not ever be able to attain. That's what keeps me going.
              MODERN DAY GUNSLINGER

Comment

A fat picture of me I keep in my phone!

Comment

Originally posted by F.I.S.T. View Post
                  IMPROVEMENT!!

Very nicely said!!

Comment

I graduated high school at 135lbs soaking wet.......I have alot of bad memories from the old days where i was tossed around like a rag doll a couple of times so thats what I make myself think of on the days i don't feel like going.......

Comment

.....i dont like being small and weak with a 36x11.50-15 super swamper around my waist...thats about all,for me.lol
                      but seriously....bullying and names was what made me WANT to start training.a friend of mine that i worked with when i was 15 helped me take my mind off of alcohol(that i was abusing) with training..along side A.A.. he always made remarks like "damn your a dough-boy,but your strong as hell!...have you ever lifted?" my reply for the longest while was "no,but i wanna".
                      after i started,it was my own lil drug and i loved gettin big.
                      he was also the first person i EVER met that was on a cycle.cool dude.

all in all.....its not wantin to go back to bein the same pile of shnit i was,that makes me push so hard. that and dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Nephilim View Post
                        I think for me it's the satisfaction of knowing, everyday I get up and go to the gym, its one more day I will not be like the 80% of Americans that are considered obese. Its one more day that I can walk down the street and have nearly everybody have to take a second look. They can on the outside scoff and say gym rat or juice head but inside, they are wishing they had the drive and determination to look like that. Men, women,girls and boys all look at you and that's the closest they will see to a chiseled super hero. Could the 80 percenters stand up if called upon and do something heroic? Would they stand up and do something heroic? Maybe.....maybe not. How many times do you see desperate acts of heroism carried out by the weak and out of shape? I don't think there is one person on here that if called upon, wouldn't stand up for the less fortunate. That's how much I believe in the people here and thats the amount of respect i have for all of you. Sure there are some that are purely vanity driven but I still hang my hat on the fact that if called upon, they would step up. We are all a different breed of people on here, we are the five percenters. Whether we are Americans, Europeans, Africans, Asians or south Americans. On here, we are all brothers, we are united by a bond that the other 95 percent will never understand not ever be able to attain. That's what keeps me going.
                        Wow Nephilim, that is very well written!! Awesome perspective!!

Comment

Agree with neph but also I looooove pussy
                          Last edited by graffix; 04-29-2011, 06:47 PM.

Comment

My motivation is really derived from my three young kids... I feel like I'm always on the run (usually chasing them lol) and have to keep up! Also, I want play with them on the field, not watch them on the sidelines...

Comment

Appreciation and results of my workout me to do more and better from current performance...
                              I always appreciate my junior..

Comment

Working...
                              X