PJ Braun busted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PJ Braun busted

i've met pj and from the experience i had, i can say he is a really humble guy, devoted to his fans. this is really too bad and couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. doesn't look like the charges are that bad, but still, i hope this doesn't set him back too far...

from AR's blog
    ------------------------------------
    P.J. Braun was arrested on March 28th, for a variety of narcotics and steroid charges. His arrest came as part of an investigation into the recently-busted steroid ring in Danbury, Connecticut. He is, as everyone knows, a top National Physique Committee competitor and a Species Nutrition sponsored athlete. Despite both of these facts,, I like P.J. Braun. I think he?s a nice guy (*based on my interactions with him on Facebook), and I know we?ve got a lot of mutual friends (*one, actually, Aaron Singerman). His arrest came as a result of his friendship with Mark Mansa, the alleged ringleader of the operation. PJ was, from what I?m seeing in the indictments and affidavits, using steroids and painkillers, but not involved in selling them.

Of course, as much as I like PJ, and don?t want to kick a guy when he?s down, I?m forced to wonder why in the world he?d continue to store illegal steroids and narcotics in his home, in the months following his buddies getting busted in a huge drug bust.

PJ?s arrest came as a result of a warrant being served on his residence, where officers and agents saw both narcotics (Percocet x 17 tabs) and anabolic steroids (Deca, Halo, and Proviron x 100 tabs). He was charged with three counts each of possession of a controlled substance, three counts of possession of prescription legend drugs, and three counts of possession of narcotics. There is also a sealed arrest warrant under his name, related to a drug possession charge from September of last year. As I?m not seeing any charges related to dealing/sourcing (*yet), it?s probable that PJ gets away with probation, as long as he grabs a decent lawyer.
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

NewsTimes.com, Danbury bodybuilder charged in steroid ring, by John Pirro)

DANBURY — Police said a local bodybuilder has been arrested as part of the continuing investigation into a ring that sold illegal steroids in the Danbury area.

Police said Philip “P.J.” Braun, 30, who writes on his blog that he is best friends with Bethel’s Mark Mansa, who police said is the head of the operation, was taken into custody last week after detectives from the department’s Special Investigations Division and a federal drug agent went to his Pembroke Avenue condominium to serve an arrest warrant for conspiracy to possess marijuana.

The charges are part of the joint investigation by local police and the federal Drug Enforcement Agency that began five years ago, police department spokesman Capt. Thomas Wendel said.

When investigators entered Braun’s home March 28, they said they saw both narcotics and substances that proved to be steroids in plain sight, according to Wendel.

Police said the narcotic was Percocet, a prescription painkiller. The steroids were testosterone, and brand-name steroids Deca-Durabolin, Halotestin and Proviron.

Braun also was charged with three counts each of possession of a controlled substance and possession of prescription legend drugs, plus possession of narcotics, according to police.

He was released on a promise to appear Wednesday in state Superior Court on White Street.

The arrest warrant affidavit detailing the original marijuana possession charge against Braun has been sealed by the court. The only information available about the case indicated the possession charge stems from a September incident in Danbury.

All the charges indicate Braun was using the drugs, but he was not involved in selling them.

Calls to a phone number for Braun listed in court documents weren’t answered Monday, and it wasn’t known whether he has retained a lawyer.

Four people — Mansa, Brookfield businessman Glenn Wagner, convicted drug dealer Kevin Lubic, of Salem, N.Y., and Richard Sciacchetano, a Stuart, Fla., man with reputed ties to the Bonanno crime family — were indicted by a federal grand jury last month for distributing either marijuana or steroids to customers that authorities said included adults and high school athletes.

Only Mansa, a 46-year-old businessman from Bethel, was accused of participating in both rings.

Wagner, Lubic and Sciacchetano were indicted only on the marijuana-related charges, and both Sciacchetano and Wagner have denied participating in steroid sales.

During Mansa’s initial court appearance, Special Assistant U.S. Attorney Joseph Vizcarrondo said that area high school athletes and people in “the muscle industry” were among Mansa’s clients who purchased steroids.

Mansa also has boasted that he had been protected by members of several area police departments, including Danbury, New Milford and Wilton, allegations that town officials and police spokesmen in those towns have vehemently denied.
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Another one bites the dust...gotta watch who you screw over thats what happens...guaranteed he screwed someone over in a deal and thats what led to this whole thing...better to play it straight

Comment

Sounds like Mansa is leaking, trying to screw the local PD's Not a good move.

this is a good reminder for us all to be alot smarter about what we do and how we do it.
        We sometimes are too casual and give out too much info, we need to remember no matter our thoughts about ASS they are still illegal and a controlled substance.

Keep your goods out of site, don't keep ur stuff in ur car or on kitchen counter or bedroom bureau.
        I keep orals in OTC sup bottles, inj sep from my pins and hidden well, even ur armidex, clomid or nolva keep out of site.
        "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

We sometimes are too casual and give out too much info,
          All good info. Just common sense - yet - it bears repeating often

Comment

And the other guy has ties to the Bonnano crime family huh?? Well those guys are always on LE radar thats why you never deal with a made guy unless u don't mind being watched yourself.....speaking from experience i have an uncle who did 10 years for driving a briefcase from the east coast to Vegas for some people.......never said anything about anyone and got 10 years in the federal pen cause he wouldn't roll.....and the only thing in the briefcase was cash, lots of it......play with that crowd and your bound to go down one way or the other

Comment

that sucks, hope he doesn't have to do any time
              Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

Comment

Really?

Originally posted by ODB View Post
                Sounds like Mansa is leaking, trying to screw the local PD's Not a good move.

this is a good reminder for us all to be alot smarter about what we do and how we do it.
                We sometimes are too casual and give out too much info, we need to remember no matter our thoughts about ASS they are still illegal and a controlled substance.

Keep your goods out of site, don't keep ur stuff in ur car or on kitchen counter or bedroom bureau.
                I keep orals in OTC sup bottles, inj sep from my pins and hidden well, even ur armidex, clomid or nolva keep out of site.
                You have no idea about what happened so if you really want to know I will tell you!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DiscoDino247 View Post
                that sucks, hope he doesn't have to do any time
                He did not because he is a RAT!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by limo View Post
                And the other guy has ties to the Bonnano crime family huh?? Well those guys are always on LE radar thats why you never deal with a made guy unless u don't mind being watched yourself.....speaking from experience i have an uncle who did 10 years for driving a briefcase from the east coast to Vegas for some people.......never said anything about anyone and got 10 years in the federal pen cause he wouldn't roll.....and the only thing in the briefcase was cash, lots of it......play with that crowd and your bound to go down one way or the other
                Big deal a suitcase only 1?

Comment

He was allowing Steve Johnson his friend to use his address for probation because Steve had to live in the state and Steve's girl friend lived in NY so Steve was suppose to make PJ 30 bottles a week of juice that's the real deal!

The feds got the warrant because PJ said this on the phone talking to me like a fool and the feds got the search warrant from his big mouth. I have stayed silent for 10 years but the truth is PJ ratted me period.......

Also I was sitting in the family court waiting room when PJs dad came in and openly talked out loud to ex-wife about making a deal with feds! You know the room has 6 seats and I happened to be right there listing I thought I was dreaming the whole thing...

Bottom line guys cant take the heat and most are scared to death of prison!!!!

Comment

-

You do not need google to know "Kotaku" if you are going to comment on a post like this plus no "right way" is in the rules.

I understand what you mean btw its like "this" on different forums and like "that" on other forums. I just choose one which I think is best and go with it, when I

Comment

-

I know many people using this service set tv and they all said it was much better than sling tv but I guess they will be shut down now with these lawsuits. Too bad.

Comment

-

that is just sick. it kills me to even think of those poor dogs. and unfortunatly, i can picture them.... the people involved should be put to death, that is so wrong. it is just so sad that there are people like that on this earth...

Comment

Working...
                        X