Question about TRT Dose of Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about TRT Dose of Test

So I've read on some posts here when I was reading up before taking TEST for a couple cycles, when I was taking higher doses. However, I started looking into TRT cycles now that I'm older late 30's and I talked to someone I know who has been on gear for years. He said the problem with TRT cycles is that most don't realize is that when taking Testosterone for TRT (he didn't say which test though) is that it shuts down your own bodies test supply and if you are thinking you are supplementing with 200mg of some test, you're not. He said that you are really just running now off of 200mg of test not the 200mg+whatever your body normally produces.

What I'm wondering is this related to more specific types of Test or do all test we'd purchase somewhere shut down your bodies own natural supply? Because if they all really do shut down my own production then I'd be wanting to TRT dose something higher dose wouldn't I? Just feels like I'm missing something as most TRT combos I see here and there offer 100mg-200mg Test as a TRT.

If you have any articles that go into detail about the anatomy and physiology I'd enjoy to read that too. Thanks.

Originally posted by Jaymir559 View Post
    So I've read on some posts here when I was reading up before taking TEST for a couple cycles, when I was taking higher doses. However, I started looking into TRT cycles now that I'm older late 30's and I talked to someone I know who has been on gear for years. He said the problem with TRT cycles is that most don't realize is that when taking Testosterone for TRT (he didn't say which test though) is that it shuts down your own bodies test supply and if you are thinking you are supplementing with 200mg of some test, you're not. He said that you are really just running now off of 200mg of test not the 200mg+whatever your body normally produces.

What I'm wondering is this related to more specific types of Test or do all test we'd purchase somewhere shut down your bodies own natural supply? Because if they all really do shut down my own production then I'd be wanting to TRT dose something higher dose wouldn't I? Just feels like I'm missing something as most TRT combos I see here and there offer 100mg-200mg Test as a TRT.

If you have any articles that go into detail about the anatomy and physiology I'd enjoy to read that too. Thanks.

I actually found an article that talks about dosing of different style applications of Testosterone, and the values of testosterone after in those test subjects. Answered my question if 100 or 200 is enough by showing what the blood serum levels of those before the testosterone peaked off, and then when it peaked off. Link is here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5182226/

It has a section for Test-C, Test-E, and Test-U. I"ll post that since it's more relevant for men looking at TRT:

TC
    TC is available both branded as Depo-Testosterone? (Pharmacia and Upjohn Company, New York, NY, USA) and as a generic (41). Both options are supplied in 100 mg/mL (10 mL) and 200 mg/mL (1 and 10 mL) concentrations, prepared in cottonseed oil. The USA FDA recommended starting dose for male hypogonadism is 50 to 400 mg IM every 2 to 4 weeks (41). The Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guidelines for testosterone therapy suggest an alternative of either 75 to 100 mg IM weekly or 150 to 200 mg IM every 2 weeks (3).

A PK study evaluated serum levels of testosterone periodically for 14 days after administration of TC 200 mg IM in 11 hypogonadal men (42). The mean Cmax was supratherapeutic (1,112?297 ng/dL) and occurred between days four and five post-injection. After day 5, testosterone levels declined and by day 14 the mean Cavg approached 400 ng/dL. These large fluctuations in serum testosterone over a 2-week period illustrate the less than ideal kinetics of TC IM injections.

The fluctuation in serum testosterone levels can result in mood swings or changes in libido, which is a formulation specific IM adverse effect that should be closely monitored. Other common adverse effects with TC use are local inflammation and pain at the site of injection, also due to IM administration (41). As cottonseed oil is the formulation vehicle, TC use is contraindicated in anyone with a known hypersensitivity to testosterone synthesized from soy.

TE
    TE is generically available in 200 mg/mL (5 mL vial) concentration, prepared in sesame oil (43). The recommend starting dose for TE is the same as TC per the USA FDA and Endocrine Society guidelines (3,43). TE associated adverse effects are also driven by its IM administration and mimic those of TC.

The effect of varying doses of TE on serum testosterone was evaluated in 23 males with primary hypogonadism (44). Subjects received IM injections of TE based on one of the following regimens: 100 mg weekly, 200 mg every 2 weeks, 300 mg every 3 weeks, or 400 mg every 4 weeks. Serum testosterone was measured weekly during the initial treatment period of 12 weeks. After receiving the last dose of the treatment period, testosterone levels were then measured more frequently. For the 100 mg group, the average Cmax peaked above 1,200 ng/dL 24 hours after the last dose and declined to slightly above 600 ng/dL after 1 week. In the 200 mg group, the average Cmax was also greater than 1,200 ng/dL and occurred 48 hours after the last dose. The level plateaued around the lower therapeutic limit after 2 weeks. The 300 and 400 mg groups similarly had an average Cmax above 1,200 ng/dL within 36?48 hours. For both groups, levels plateaued below the therapeutic range (300 ng/dL by week 3 for the 300 mg group and week 4 for the 400 mg group). Based on these results, TE dosed at 100 mg once weekly or 200 mg every 2 weeks maintains serum testosterone within therapeutic range by the end of the dosing regimen. As TC and TE have different oil vehicles, they are rated AO by the USA FDA, meaning they are not therapeutically equivalent (45).

TU
    The formulation of TU contains a concentration of 250 mg/mL supplied in 3 mL vials, prepared in refined castor oil and is branded as Aveed? (Endo Pharmaceuticals, Malvern, PA, USA) (46). The recommended dosing strategy is 750 mg given IM in the gluteus medius, followed by 750 mg 4 weeks later, then 750 mg every 10 weeks thereafter. Dosage titration is not recommended.

An open-label study was performed to examine serum testosterone levels after treatment with IM TU using the approved dosing strategy for a total of nine injections (47). Testosterone levels were measured at baseline and at days 4, 7, 11, 14, 21, 28, 42, 56, and 70 after the third injection and 4, 7, 11, 14, 21, 42, and 70 after the fourth injection. A total of 130 hypogonadal males received treatment, but levels were available for 117. Overall, levels were similar after the third and fourth injections, with a mean Cmax of 813 ng/dL reached by day seven and a mean Cmin between 323 to 339 ng/dL by week 10 after each injection. The PK profile of TU does not demonstrate supratherapeutic peaks, and trough levels are seen later after each injection when compared to TE and TC (47).

After each injection a healthcare provider must observe the patient for 30 minutes due to the serious adverse reactions of pulmonary oil microembolism (POME) and anaphylaxis. POME can occur during or after any injection throughout the course of therapy and includes symptoms such as the urge to cough, shortness of breath, throat tightening, chest pain, dizziness, and syncope (46). There is a USA FDA Boxed Warning for the risk of POME and anaphylaxis; as a result, TU is only available through a restricted use program (Aveed? REMS Program). Other adverse effects reported with greater than 3% incidence during TU clinical trials included acne, injection site pain, and increased PSA (47).

I found it helpful for my question. If it's helpful for any others too, great.

Comment

-

Just pointing out that this posters tests were all negative for c.diff.
      Our experiances about relapses and 3 day rule might not apply.

Comment

Working...
      X