For The Vegetarian Body Builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For The Vegetarian Body Builders

So I see a lot on here for folks who eat meat. However, there are others such as myself who don't eat meat. I'm 100% okay with others eating animals, that's your call and I don't judge anyone for that. I figure there are others out there who may have questions and I'm open to share my experience of 10 years of no meats and being in the gym and making gains. I'll just post a daily outline of my diet and a few important considerations. This is not a look at me I'm a veggie thread, more just to help others in need.

Hope this helps!

Supplements you seriously need to take every day.

Amino acids. 13 grams aside from food.
    Off day I take in the am.
    Training day before and after

Creatine I'm taking 2.5g a day but on cycle I go 5. I've also found that I'm able to come off this for a while and still get stronger in the gym. Everyone is different though.

Omega 3/5 oil - veggie capsules

Good multivitamin

Breakfast
    3 whole Egg's
    1/2 to a whole avocado
    Whey shake with milk
    Fruit
    3 "Quick heat" pancakes
    Triple zero yogurt

Snack
    Peanut butter and jelly
    On protein bread
    Water

Lunch
    Soy chikn strips
    Green beans
    Triple zero yogurt
    Brown rice
    1/2 avocado

Snack
    Crackers with PB
    Maybe hummus instead
    20g protein bar

Dinner
    2-3 black bean patties
    3 fried eggs
    whey Shake with milk
    Greens

I count my protein intake nearly every day. However my diet doesn't really change much so it's easy to have a "feel" as to where my intake is at that point in the day. I get in 180-250+ grams of protein every day.

Calories 3000+ Some day's it's tougher than others, but overall I keep it consistent as possible. I've been able to cut BF% (currently sitting at 9-10% range right now) a lot this summer and continue in a BB'ing track, so I think I'm on the right track, however like anything, there are constant tweaks to the diet based on my individual needs.

If anyone has questions feel free to post on here. Glad to help.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I find it interesting that you refer to your self as a vegetarian, yet you eat eggs. Most vegetarians I have known wouldn't consider you a vegetarian. Extremely useful post for those looking for a cleaner way of eating.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess to each his own. I had a few friends who ate fish but referred to themselves as vegetarian and I said the same thing.

Comment

Pharmascience Health Gainer for contains calories in bulk and Weight Gain
        A Health Gainer is a Pharma science - the Indian Ayurveda product. It is basically a weight work additive product which generally comes in a powder form which contains calories in bulk. It is full of proteins, fats and carbohydrates which gives your body an ultimate improvement and a muscular growth.
        For more visit
        .................................................. ............

PHARMASCIENCE

Comment

nice info there..it's essential for vegan to find good sources of protein as it often overlooked

Comment

In breakfast 1/2 to a whole avocado is a superb idea! Anyway, Great thread! I got a lot of information from the reading. Thanks and keep it up!

Comment

Soy chicken strips I like most

Comment

Working...
              X