Macro Counting Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macro Counting Help

Warning - I am a pretty detail oriented person, so the article is relatively lengthy.

JM Family
    I hope everyone is doing good, I just finished my first cycle about a month and a half ago, currently just lifting consistently and getting ready for my next cycle in about another month and a half. After doing my first cylce, I realized that a lot of "The first cycle" is learning how your body is going to react and learning just the ENTIRE process it's self. Ie: Injecting, lifting on the juice, days to inject, etc.

Now that I have finished my first cycle, I have to say, I was pleased with the results, but it was also a VERY humbling experience because it showed me how truly ignorant I am to the process. With that being said, I have tightened up a TON on my work out regimen. Now it's time to tighten up on my diet and be strict with it now, that way when I start my next cycle, I have it all dialed in and there's a lot less stress/confusion involved.

My first cycle was a Test Enth only cycle, 500mg Test EW, 2 Shots a week. My second cycle is going to be the same as the first, seeing as how I did get good results from it.
    This time however; I know that I can get EVEN better results be being strict on the diet and actually calculating my macro's, there's not point in increasing my use of juice until I have all my other disciplines dialed in first.

My confusion with this area is a bit drastic, I know little about counting macro's, I have done some research and have a good idea how many calories I should be eating each day, however; I want your guys' recommendations. I anticipate most of the stuff I am seeing online is all for people that ARE NOT utilizing juice. So I need to know what my break down should be while on and while off juice

I weigh 170lbs currently, I'm 5'6, working out at least 1 1/2 - 2 hours a day. I also do door to door sales, So I am active for the better portion of the day, I would anticipate just at work I walk probably 3-4 miles. I have read several things that indicate I should be eating a surplus of 500 calories to bulk, but is that generally enough for me to continually be putting on weight?

The information I have received from my sources are:
    Macro nutrient break down:

40% carbs, 30% Fat, 30% protein - Is this accurate for both ON and OFF Juice?

Current maintenance Calorie intake @ 170lbs, is roughly 2380.

To Bulk @ 170lbs I should be eating about 3000 calories - Is this Accurate for both ON and off Juice? I read one article on here that said calorie intake while Juicing should be much higher, such as 4000 - 5000 to bulk.
    *Note* I am in a bulking phase and my next cycle (Test Enth 500mg EW) Is also going to be a bulking cycle. I won't cut until I am 205lbs - 210 lbs.

I have read that a breakdown for the macro's its self is as follows: ( Keep in mind this is @ my weight of 170lbs)

Fat Intake: 0.45g X Body Weight = 76.5G of fat x 9 calories per Gram of fat = 688.5 Calories

Protein Intake: 1g X Body Weight = 170G of Protein x 4 calories per gram of protein = 680 Calories

Carb intake: Fill the rest of calorie intake up with carbs = 407.8G of carbs x 4 calories per gram of carbohydrates = 1631.5 Calories

Combine totals: 688.5 + 680+ 1631.5 = 3,000 Calories

Does that break down seem accurate? And does that also seem accurate WHILE I am juicing, or just while I am off a cycle?

Any recommendations, help, etc is SO appreciated. I am a bit lost on the subject and would love some knowledge from you gentlemen! Thanks a ton!
    Win All Day
    Last edited by Win All Day; 11-15-2015, 07:55 PM.

Ide eat the mount of calories that allow u to gain your desired weight in the time frame you've decided or your best reasonable guess start like u would gain as a natty at the 3k a day if u r gaining at a reasonable pace keep it there or bump up calories until u see u r bloated too much u could also incorporate carb cycl ing in your diet I eat more carbs when I train back or legs those r my highest carb days and most caloric intake of the week for example if I'm gaining to much fat too fast I'll cut back the medium carb days and add low to zero carb days to tighten up

Comment

Also some fat gain is to b expected just keep it to a minimum cutting is not the most fun thing

Comment

Originally posted by Pestosterone View Post
        Also some fat gain is to b expected just keep it to a minimum cutting is not the most fun thing
        Killer, thanks boss. I appreciate the input.
        Do you have any links for some good recipes?

Comment

There are some good stuff in the nutritional section here by fist I've tried some they r good i dont spend much time cookingt my self I just put massive pans of chicken in the oven and sprinkle seasoning on it and boil rice and eat my greens raw not worries 2 much with taste I'm dull

Comment

Working...
          X