Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long term use of steroids (30-40 Years+)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long term use of steroids (30-40 Years+)

Does anyone have information on long term use of steroids. Consistently utilizing them in cycles as intended to be. I read one that RonnyT posted as far as long term effects of the brain, but I wasn't sure if there was any other documentation or research done on long term use.
    All the info you have is much appreciated as always!

Impossible to have research in many country it is forbiden to take , but some mans needs testosterone for all his life, because they don't have .have they problems???? testosterone is for man since 1938.

Comment

Well since steroids are such a taboo and evil substance,of course the US has no true long term studies on their use.The best and most accurate study you can find is through those lifetime users (such as myself,lol).30 plus yrs of cycling here.Not saying that what worked for me,or the next guy will be the same as what works for you because no one person will get the same results from anything.Whether it be steroids,supplements,training,etc.You can only obtain a "guide" or "reference" from others and find a safe and sensible starting point for yourself and learn as you go along.Trial and error my brother.

The most important thing to remember is to ALWAYS take the safest route possible.Don't let the knucklehead bro-science out there cloud your judgement.Today,guys walking around taking cycles that the pro's use and never even stepping on stage themselves and will still never look like a pro.Too many guys have been taught by the "MORE IS BETTER" crowd and only think more gear is what makes a champion.Too many today completely disregard the importance of training and more so,of diet as the determining factors in the outcomes of a cycle.If they're not making gains,it must be because they need more gear!! Never once do they think they need to work on their diets and change the training style that theyve been using for the past 5 yrs.

The bigger concern is not what they are doing today but what they will be doing tomorrow.Its great when you're young and can handle much more trauma to your body but to never think that trauma will catch up with you is foolish to say the least.IT WILL!! Longevity my brother is the key to this.Why do you think so many athletes die so young? Because of the trauma they put themselves through in their YOUNGER yrs.Not just with gear,but outside lifestyle choices as well,i.e.,rec drugs,alcohol,crappy foods eaten,cigarettes,partying all night without proper rest,etc,etc,etc.They handles it well while they were young but their bodies didnt forget about it as they aged.Some damage cannot just be undone,especially if you're not looking for it,as most dont.They are having no issues at the time so why would they think to be tested for any right??

Ok,sorry for the long rant but this is really how long term use should be thought of.Not trying to use fear as a means to an end,but this is an inevitable end if you dont fear it.So do it right,do it safe and you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by F.I.S.T. View Post
        Well since steroids are such a taboo and evil substance,of course the US has no true long term studies on their use.The best and most accurate study you can find is through those lifetime users (such as myself,lol).30 plus yrs of cycling here.Not saying that what worked for me,or the next guy will be the same as what works for you because no one person will get the same results from anything.Whether it be steroids,supplements,training,etc.You can only obtain a "guide" or "reference" from others and find a safe and sensible starting point for yourself and learn as you go along.Trial and error my brother.

The most important thing to remember is to ALWAYS take the safest route possible.Don't let the knucklehead bro-science out there cloud your judgement.Today,guys walking around taking cycles that the pro's use and never even stepping on stage themselves and will still never look like a pro.Too many guys have been taught by the "MORE IS BETTER" crowd and only think more gear is what makes a champion.Too many today completely disregard the importance of training and more so,of diet as the determining factors in the outcomes of a cycle.If they're not making gains,it must be because they need more gear!! Never once do they think they need to work on their diets and change the training style that theyve been using for the past 5 yrs.

The bigger concern is not what they are doing today but what they will be doing tomorrow.Its great when you're young and can handle much more trauma to your body but to never think that trauma will catch up with you is foolish to say the least.IT WILL!! Longevity my brother is the key to this.Why do you think so many athletes die so young? Because of the trauma they put themselves through in their YOUNGER yrs.Not just with gear,but outside lifestyle choices as well,i.e.,rec drugs,alcohol,crappy foods eaten,cigarettes,partying all night without proper rest,etc,etc,etc.They handles it well while they were young but their bodies didnt forget about it as they aged.Some damage cannot just be undone,especially if you're not looking for it,as most dont.They are having no issues at the time so why would they think to be tested for any right??

Ok,sorry for the long rant but this is really how long term use should be thought of.Not trying to use fear as a means to an end,but this is an inevitable end if you dont fear it.So do it right,do it safe and you'll be fine.
        I appreciate the long response FIST. I'm huge advocate on good health, been sober off drugs, fast food, alcohol and cigarettes for nearly 3 years, so health has become a huge passion of mine. I intend to take each cycle as it's intended to be (i.e.: Doing just test cycles 2-3 times until I am no longer seeing gains from that one compound alone.) I'm majorly interested in the "long haul" type of cycles that I've seen a lot of you guys' on here not only utilizing, but advocating. I just wasn't sure if there were MAJOR negative side effects from it, even if it is being used properly, without massive/negligent abuse.

Comment

There are no anabolic steroids that are safe to use over many years. Testosterone is the only one safe to use over many years, and at a low dose. There was a study on anavar published in Musc. Dev mag. a few years ago and it showed that at a dose of just 30 mg. a day for 2 months, LDL cholesterol(bad one) increased by a whopping 41%. HDL cholesterol(good one) had a huge decrease. This is going to lead to a buildup of plaque in your coronary arteries. And anavar is supposed to be one of the "safe ones".

Comment

Originally posted by Beachbody40 View Post
            There are no anabolic steroids that are safe to use over many years. Testosterone is the only one safe to use over many years, and at a low dose. There was a study on anavar published in Musc. Dev mag. a few years ago and it showed that at a dose of just 30 mg. a day for 2 months, LDL cholesterol(bad one) increased by a whopping 41%. HDL cholesterol(good one) had a huge decrease. This is going to lead to a buildup of plaque in your coronary arteries. And anavar is supposed to be one of the "safe ones".
            Wow, that's aggressive. You think even with proper cycling and everything, it's still dangerous for years of use?

Comment

Thats absolutely incorrect Beachbody40.

Ive been cycling for 3 decades and im in better health than guys half my age.And guess what,ive been using more than just Test. Ive owned an operated a gym/mma school almost 3 decades as well and cant count how many guys ive been in contact with,helped/advised or just known of that have been cycling,some of which longer than I,whom all have the same results as I have with a lifetime of cycling.

Not for nothing,but I dont have to read a study on anavar,I live the study daily.But with that said,for any one study you find suggesting a certain result,you can find 10 others with contradictory results.Studies will have varying results based on vested interests in the studies results,outside factors of participants in those studies such as genetics and predisposition for certain ailments and/or health issues,diets,outside activities such as smoking,drinking,rec drugs,partying,etc,etc.

What the key point to remember with anything is the PROPER use of it and not ABUSE of it.ANYTHING if abused can harm you.Ive asked it a thousand times,research to see how many deaths annually are the result of water toxicity and you'll find quite a lot.Does that mean water is not safe? How many annual deaths are from OTC meds? How many are from alcohol and cigarettes?? What you'll find with all of them is they ALL outnumber negative side effects caused from steroids overwhelmingly.So again,saying something isnt safe is a relative term. Safe compared to what?

What also needs to be realized by those that do choose to take steroids and continue throughout their lives is the UTMOST IMPORTANCE of making the necessary lifestyle changes to combat and eliminate and/or lessen the dangers that can come from their use.Steroids are a drug and any drug can harm you if not taken properly.Too many today are under the "MORE IS BETTER" philosophy and take more drugs than you can even imagine and still not making gains.LOL. Also,those same individuals make no changes to their habits outside the gym as ive described...smoking,drinking eating whatever.staying out all night,etc and think nothing of it.Some that even regularly get bloods done and find something negative decide to take even more drugs to try to fix those problems shown in their blood work.Never thinking that they need to make the other needed changes.

So anyway,the bottom line is,YOU decide how healthy you want to be and remain throughout your life by the choices you make.Taking steroids are only one part of MANY that can effect your health.In fact,taking steroids PROPERLY, are very low on the list of dangerous choices you can make.Are they 100% safe for 100% of the people taking them? Of course not.Are they 100% "SAFER" than most of the things people put into their bodies today? ABSOLUTELY.

Comment

Originally posted by F.I.S.T. View Post
                Thats absolutely incorrect Beachbody40.

Ive been cycling for 3 decades and im in better health than guys half my age.And guess what,ive been using more than just Test. Ive owned an operated a gym/mma school almost 3 decades as well and cant count how many guys ive been in contact with,helped/advised or just known of that have been cycling,some of which longer than I,whom all have the same results as I have with a lifetime of cycling.

Not for nothing,but I dont have to read a study on anavar,I live the study daily.But with that said,for any one study you find suggesting a certain result,you can find 10 others with contradictory results.Studies will have varying results based on vested interests in the studies results,outside factors of participants in those studies such as genetics and predisposition for certain ailments and/or health issues,diets,outside activities such as smoking,drinking,rec drugs,partying,etc,etc.

What the key point to remember with anything is the PROPER use of it and not ABUSE of it.ANYTHING if abused can harm you.Ive asked it a thousand times,research to see how many deaths annually are the result of water toxicity and you'll find quite a lot.Does that mean water is not safe? How many annual deaths are from OTC meds? How many are from alcohol and cigarettes?? What you'll find with all of them is they ALL outnumber negative side effects caused from steroids overwhelmingly.So again,saying something isnt safe is a relative term. Safe compared to what?

What also needs to be realized by those that do choose to take steroids and continue throughout their lives is the UTMOST IMPORTANCE of making the necessary lifestyle changes to combat and eliminate and/or lessen the dangers that can come from their use.Steroids are a drug and any drug can harm you if not taken properly.Too many today are under the "MORE IS BETTER" philosophy and take more drugs than you can even imagine and still not making gains.LOL. Also,those same individuals make no changes to their habits outside the gym as ive described...smoking,drinking eating whatever.staying out all night,etc and think nothing of it.Some that even regularly get bloods done and find something negative decide to take even more drugs to try to fix those problems shown in their blood work.Never thinking that they need to make the other needed changes.

So anyway,the bottom line is,YOU decide how healthy you want to be and remain throughout your life by the choices you make.Taking steroids are only one part of MANY that can effect your health.In fact,taking steroids PROPERLY, are very low on the list of dangerous choices you can make.Are they 100% safe for 100% of the people taking them? Of course not.Are they 100% "SAFER" than most of the things people put into their bodies today? ABSOLUTELY.
                Thanks for the knowledge as always Fist, that's more or less the answer I was looking for. I just wanted to know what a long term use with proper cycling looked like.
                Thanks!

Comment

first contest 1985............last july 2015...all is ok for me but take only testosterone all the year only tren ect 2 month before contest

Comment

My pleasure Win All Day.

- - - Updated - - -

Great history beatricia2.Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by beatricia2 View Post
                      first contest 1985............last july 2015...all is ok for me but take only testosterone all the year only tren ect 2 month before contest
                      Wow nice. That's awesome, thank you for the insight.

Comment

Working...
                      X