Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOP! Fedor Emelianenko is coming out of retirement

STOP! Fedor Emelianenko is coming out of retirement

Stop what you are doing and take note for a moment where you are, look around, take it in and always remember this is where you heard the news the G.O.A.T. Fedor Emelianenko is coming out of retirement, is already training, and will be returning to a mixed martial arts cage near you.

Fedor dropped the bombshell via the Russian MMA Union website:

“I was able to recover and heal old injuries. The last three years I have maintained physical form, but this level is not enough to go into battle, therefore recently I started intensive training. We have assembled a team of versatile coaches and athletes who will help me in the training process. There is still work to do to prepare to leave the ring. Negotiations are underway with promotions. Once agreements are reached, there will be information on the date of the fight and rival.”

It was just three weeks ago we saw Fedor cage side at Bellator 138. Could his old Strikeforce boss Scott Coker be grooming the Russian to make his comeback in Bellator? Or will the former Pride heavyweight champ get scooped up by the UFC?

Dear God, please for the love of all that is holy, do not let Fedor make his MMA return with M-1 Global. That would just be one hell of a waste.

Fedor retired in June 2012 following a first round knockout win over Pedro Rizzo in M-1 Global in Russia. It was Fedor’s third win in just eight months, albeit a step down in competition after dropping three straight in Strikeforce between June 2010-July 2011.

Working...
X