• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice workout bro!!
    GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

Comment

Thanks man.Felt great.Still feeling pumped.

Comment

No iron today.Only Frisbee in the park with the dogs.Im actually craving some arm workout with the dumbbells though.May do a few light,max rep sets tonight.

Comment

Going away this weekend with the family so wont be hitting the gym so I did a whole body workout today.Very light wt (about 40% max) but very explosive reps with xtra slow decent and pause in middle of last couple of reps.

Ft Squats---------------------------2 Sets of 15
          Leg Ext------------------------------2 Sets of 20
          Seated Calf Raises-----------------2 Sets of 25
          Incline Bench-----------------------2 Sets of 15
          French Press------------------------2 Sets of 15
          Decline Bench----------------------3 Sets of 15
          Tri Pressdowns----------------------3 Sets of 12
          Close Grip Bench-------------------2 Sets of 12
          Wide Grip Lat Pull Down-----------2 Sets of 15
          Seated Cable Row------------------2 Sets of 15
          Stiff Arm Pull Down----------------2 Sets of 15
          Cable Curls--------------------------2 Sets of 20
          Preacher Curls----------------------2 Sets of 12
          Spider Cable Curls-----------------2 Sets of 15
          Cable Ft Raise----------------------2 Sets of 12
          Military Press------------------------2 Sets of 12
          Single Arm Cable Side Laterals----2 Sets of 12

Elliptical for 15 minutes
          Stretching for 10

Comment

Very nice brother have a great weekend!!
            GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

Comment

Was actually supposed to go away for a couple of days with the family but got called in for an emergency at my biz so the family plans were cancelled.LOL.No big deal though,summer is coming so we'll have plenty of together time.

But anyway,only recently got home from taking care of the biz so couldn't do any workout even if I wanted to but tomorrow i'll be hitting it hard and heavy again!

Comment

Back and Bi's today...........

Warm up---Skip rope for 15 Minutes

Deads------------------------3 Sets of 15
                Seated Cable Rows----------4 Sets of 15
                Wide Grip Lat PullDowns----2 Sets of 10
                Reverse Grip PullDowns-----2 Sets of 12

Barbell Curls-----------------3 Sets of 15
                Reverse Curls----------------3 Sets of 12
                Concentration Curls----------2 Sets of 15

Elliptical for 15 Minutes

Comment

Nice workou bro!!!
                  GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

Comment

Off today.Actually a pretty lazy day for me.I didnt really do shit all day.LOL.

Oh well,got some needed rest so I can hit it hard and heavy tomorrow.

Comment

Glad you got some rest brother much needed!!!
                      GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by F.I.S.T. View Post
                        Back and Bi's today...........

Warm up---Skip rope for 15 Minutes

Deads------------------------3 Sets of 15
                        Seated Cable Rows----------4 Sets of 15
                        Wide Grip Lat PullDowns----2 Sets of 10
                        Reverse Grip PullDowns-----2 Sets of 12

Barbell Curls-----------------3 Sets of 15
                        Reverse Curls----------------3 Sets of 12
                        Concentration Curls----------2 Sets of 15

Elliptical for 15 Minutes
                        How long does this workout take you, not including the 30 min warm up and post cardio?
                        Contact Next Level Nutrition and get in the best shape of your life. This is an affordable one on one service. All programs are designed individually around your goals and needs. All diets include gear plans, from basic to advanced, made specifically for you. As an added bonus, I include training programs. For a limited time, training plans are no extra charge.

Click for more info

Comment

Normally im in and out of the gym within an hour.Sometimes longer,sometimes less.Depends on how I feel that day and how much rest between lifts (reps,sets,exercises) I feel I need.

Its never so much the time I worry about, as much as how well I perform the lift,you know? If I need longer rest time to ensure that each set is done with the best possible form,I may be in the gym for an hour & a half or so,as long as I get through my planned workout correctly and safely.

Comment

Chest and Tri's today.............

Warm up----Treadmill for 15 minutes.

Incline Bench Press----------------10 Sets of 2, set on locks midway through lift.
                            Flat Bench Press-------------------4 Sets of 6
                            Decline Bench----------------------2 Sets of 8

Triceps Press Downs--------------4 Pyramiding sets--------12-10-8-6
                            French Press----------------------3 Sets of 12
                            Single Arm Cable Kickbacks-------2 Sets of 15

Light walk for 10 minutes
                            Stretching for 10 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by F.I.S.T. View Post
                              Normally im in and out of the gym within an hour.Sometimes longer,sometimes less.Depends on how I feel that day and how much rest between lifts (reps,sets,exercises) I feel I need.

Its never so much the time I worry about, as much as how well I perform the lift,you know? If I need longer rest time to ensure that each set is done with the best possible form,I may be in the gym for an hour & a half or so,as long as I get through my planned workout correctly and safely.
                              Right on. Just wondering. My training had slowed down some, with more rest between sets. Plus, we use a lot of volume, using Mountain Dog training. But it got to the point that it was just too long. Me and 2 partners would be in the gym for over 3 hours on back day and well over 3 hours on leg day. Thats not talking. Thats hard work and moderate rest between sets. For me, I think the longer sessions work well, but it got to a point that it just was too much, so we are pairing back some. I'm trying to get done in 1.5 hours for smaller muscles. 2 hours for back. Legs is probably always going to be closer to 3 hours though
                              Contact Next Level Nutrition and get in the best shape of your life. This is an affordable one on one service. All programs are designed individually around your goals and needs. All diets include gear plans, from basic to advanced, made specifically for you. As an added bonus, I include training programs. For a limited time, training plans are no extra charge.

Click for more info

Comment

WOW,NLN,I haven't worked out for that many hrs in many yrs.How old are you? When I was young,sure we would stay in the gym hr upon hr,sometimes a couple times a day but im pushing 60 now so im not anywhere near that now.

As ive gotten older though,ive realized the best gains ive made are from shorter high intensity workouts.I get it,go balls to the walls and get out.At this point in my game though,I of course probably have much different goals than your's and certainly different than those of my youth.These days im more into maintaining and staying healthy & fit than gaining mass or strength.

Thanks so much for the great feedback and of course for checking out my log.Please continue to give feedback and input when you can.Im always open to others suggestions and opinions my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

5 mile run with the dogs today.May hit the dumbbells later though for some arm work.

Comment

Working...
                                X