• Chest day today............

Stretching 10 minutes before and after

Incline Bench presses
    2 Warm Up Sets-------------------------------------12,15
    5 Working Pyramiding Sets----------------------15,12,10,8,6

DB Flat Benches------------------------------------5 Sets of 10
    Incline Dub Flyes-----------------------------------4 Sets of 15
    Pull Overs--------------------------------------------4 Sets of 15
    Feet Raised Push Ups-----------------------------2 Sets AMRAP For a final pump

Comment

• Nice workout! very similar to mine sometimes I forget about pullovers on chest day will do them next chest day love them.

Comment

• Thanks for the reply Pestosterone.I love pull overs as well.I love the way they feel when really stretching out the ribcage.

Comment

• Today was an off day for me from the iron.Did an hour of striking and conditioning drills though.

Consisted of jab/cross pyramids as follows........

Start by throwing jab/cross combo and once done,your mit guy performs a slip to left and right.After the slip,reset and throw jab/cross combo again 2 more times.Repeat this protocol 5 times.

Looks like this.....

Jab/Cross, Slip, Slip
          Jab/Cross,Jab/Cross, Slip, Slip
          Jab/Cross,Jab/Cross,Jab/Cross, Slip, Slip
          Jab/Cross,Jab/Cross,Jab/Cross,Jab/Cross, Slip, Slip
          Jab/Cross,Jab/Cross,Jab/Cross,Jab/Cross,Jab/Cross, Slip, Slip

That's the entire pyramid.

Next was 15 minutes of the following combo's

Jab,Jab,Cross
          Jab,Hook,Cross
          Hook,Jab,Cross

Stretching 15 minutes before and after.

Comment

• Looking great brother!!!
            GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

Comment

• Thanks Gymdad my brother.

Comment

• Interesting to read these fight training workouts. I have never done anything like that very cool.

Comment

• Thanks Pestosterone.I hope you get to try some of them out sometime.Fantastic cardio workout brother.

Comment

• Shoulder workout today...........

Stretching for 10 Minutes before and after
                    Elliptical for 10 minutes after

DumbBell Shoulder Presses-----------------------------4 Sets of 12
                    Clean & Presses---------------------------------------------3 Sets of 10

SuperSets:
                    Upright Rows-------------------------------------------------3 Sets of 12
                    Barb Front Raises------------------------------------------3 Sets of 15

Reverse DumbBell Flyes--------------------------------2 Sets of 15
                    DumbBell Rolling Shrugs--------------------------------2 Sets of 15
                    Face Pulls----------------------------------------------------2 Sets of 15

SuperSets:
                    Side Laterals------------------------------------------------1 Set of 30
                    Dumb Front Raises---------------------------------------1 Set of 30

F.I.S.T.
                    Last edited by F.I.S.T.; 07-29-2015, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• Shoulders, one of my favorites, just wish my shoulders would respond better genetically speaking!!
                      GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

Comment

• No iron today.I did play some b-ball with my kids though and went out with my younger ones with their bikes.Nothing like running after your kids while trying to teach them to ride a bike on their own.LMAO

Comment

• That's awesome brother!!!
                          GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

Comment

• Active rest days are necessary, I bet your "Rest days" are actually super action packed with all the kiddo's haha!
                            Log looks great man, how long have you been training MMA?

Comment

• You're right about that Win All Day,the workouts with the kids seem tougher than my gym workouts.At least with the gym,im in do my workout and im done.With the kids im never done.LMFAO.

Ive been training martial arts for about 48 yrs and MMA for about 30.I started with Tae Kwon Do and then switched to Wing Chun Kung Fu which I stayed with through school and into the Marine Corps which introduced me to mixed martial arts.Was in the Corps for 26 yrs with it and have stuck with it to this day.When I neared retirement from the Corps,I opened a dojo with a couple friends which we later added a full gym to and then further down the road added a health food cafe.

30 yrs later here I am still with my biz but finally semi-retired but am still there almost daily.Well less and less lately as im enjoying my new found family times.LOL.To this day,I still train and teach it as well.

Anyway,thats the long version answer to your question.LMAO.

Comment

• Bi's,Tri's and Forearms today............

Stretching 15 minutes before and after.

EZ Bar Curls
                                2 Warm up Sets-----------------------------15 Reps
                                4 Working Sets------------------------------8 Reps

Preacher Curls
                                2 Warm Up Sets----------------------------15 Reps
                                2 Working Sets-----------------------------10 Reps

Seated Dumbbell Curls
                                3 Working Sets----------------------------10 Reps Each Arm
                                1 Burn Set-----------------------------------15 Reps Each Arm

Close Grip Bench Presses
                                2 Warm Up Sets---------------------------15 Reps
                                4 Working Sets----------------------------8 Reps

Weighted Dips (45lb plate)-------------8 Reps

Triceps PushDowns
                                3 Working Sets----------------------------10 Reps
                                1 Burn Set----------------------------------30 Reps

Super Set:
                                Wrist Curls--------------------------------2 Sets of 20
                                Reverse Wrist Curls-------------------2 Sets of 20

Comment

Working...
                                X