F.I.S.T. Training Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty tough Gymdad.

I never go max eights anymore so I can usually bang out more reps but focus on really strict form and feeling the movements.Also,ive found that I get the best results from my workouts with lighter weight but exploding on each and every rep and really squeezing at the end on the movement.As ive aged,the specific types of workout protocols have changed with my changing requirements.At ,my age,im not looking to add mass,only maintain.

Also,ive suffered my share of injuries in my day and dont want to add to that list so by utilizing this type of protocol,I almost eliminate the risk completely.

Thanks for following along and for the replies my friend.

Comment

• Consistency it is the key.
      And you got it

Comment

• Off today.Today I actually took completely off from the iron and from my biz.Lazy day for me which is so far and in between..LOL

Comment

• Your body probably needed it!! Enjoy the day off!!
          GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

Comment

• Thanks Frandman.Been at it for over 4 decades so cant stop now.LOL.

Comment

• Leg Day again today.

Stretching for 15 minutes before and after.
              Stationary Bike after for 10 minutes.

Leg Ext------------------------------------2 Sets of 15 for warm ups and then 4 Sets of 10
              Seated Leg Presses-------------------4 Sets of 15

Super Sets:
              Hack Squats-----------------------------3 Pyramiding Sets of 12
              Walking Lunges------------------------3 Pyramiding Sets of 25 each Leg

Super Sets:
              Sideways Single Leg Presses-----3 Sets of 15 per Leg
              High Foot Single leg Presses------3 Sets of 15 per leg

Super Sets:
              Smith Machine Ft Squats-----------3 Sets of 12
              Box Jumps------------------------------3 Sets of 10

Leg Ext w 50% max-----------------------------------4 Sets of 12
              (This was for a final burn)

Comment

• Very nice bet your legs are feeling it!!!
                GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

Comment

• Fucking a they are.Fried man.But it hurts so gooooooood.LMFAO

Comment

• Originally posted by F.I.S.T. View Post
                    Thanks Frandman.Been at it for over 4 decades so cant stop now.LOL.
                    40 years???
                    I'm 37 lol
                    How old are you if you don't mind me asking???
                    One more thing....
                    I am looking for Streaching techniques and info after my weight sessions ...I know I lack i a lot in that aspect... I looked in a few websites but not getting into it.....
                    Thanks a lot for all the great info you add daily...
                    frandman2014
                    Last edited by frandman2014; 07-23-2015, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Second the notion for stretching!!! Make a tutorial thread please FIST!!! Make it a sticky

Comment

• Im almost 60 yrs young Frandman.

Thanks for the kind words.I love being in the community and passing along information I feel will be of interest to others as it is for me.In addition,I love hearing from everyone with their opinions and views on things so its always good to get feedback on the threads I post.The thing is,not everyone will always agree on everything and thats ok.Just because I post my opinion or even firsthand experience or reaction from something,does it mean that others will have or feel the same and I love hearing about it just the same.Thats what a family does.

Thanks as well for the suggestion on a stretching thread.I will certainly start one asap.

- - - Updated - - -

I absolutely will Pestosterone.

Thanks.

Comment

• Off today.Had some running around to do with my Queen so I got that done.My legs are still dead from yesterday anyway.LOL

Comment

• Back & Traps day baby...............

Sprinting for 10 minutes before
                            Stretching for 10 minutes before and after
                            Elliptical for 15 minutes after.

T-bar Rows---------------------------------------------4 Sets of 6
                            Dumbbell PullOver-----------------------------------3 Sets of 15
                            Pull Ups to Sternum---------------------------------2 Sets of AMRAP

Super Sets:
                            Hammer Strength Rows---------------------------2 Sets of 20
                            Bent Over Rows--------------------------------------2 Sets of 20

Super Sets:
                            Barbell Shrugs----------------------------------------2 Sets of 20
                            Smith Machine Behind the Back Shrugs-----2 Sets of 20

Comment

• Nice looking back workout brother that's my problem area is my back
                              GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

Comment

• Thanks brother.Well hopefully together we can get that area to become your strong area.

- - - Updated - - -

My workout today consists of grilling and eating and drinking Bourbon on the rocks.Hit the beach early am with the family.came home and had friends over for bbqing,swimming and eating and drinking.Lots of loud music as well,which I LOVE.LMFAO.

Comment

Working...
                                X