Blood work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood work

Can someone tell me how I get blood work done? I wanna get my test levels tested mid cycle. Do I just go to my family physician or somewhere else?

Hey mate, Im new to this forum but id like to weigh in here...You can go to a family physician and tell them you want to get a phyical with the complete blood work up panel....will test your cholesterol,thyroid,testosterone etc. I would not suggest just going in and saying I want to get my testosterone levels checked and continue to do so! That probably wouldnt be the smartest idea. there are also some private entities in most cities depending on where you live that will do the same and that you can go to without having to your doctor everytime.....by biogenetics labs or places some employers will send new hires to get urine tests. Most of those places will do what you need done without an appt.

Comment

Just do a search for online lab testing and put an online order in. They send you a requisition to take to Lab Corp. Then the online lab lets you download the results in a few days. The reference numbers are in the Lab Corp report and you don't need to go to a doctor. Prices are reasonable too.

Comment

Originally posted by Beachbody40 View Post
        Just do a search for online lab testing and put an online order in. They send you a requisition to take to Lab Corp. Then the online lab lets you download the results in a few days. The reference numbers are in the Lab Corp report and you don't need to go to a doctor. Prices are reasonable too.
        Thanks guys! That's why I like this forum better than any other one! Everybody's always so helpful!

Comment

Very cheap and effective way to do your own blood work
          Click On The Link Below Before You Place Your Order!

https://www.1napsgear.org/index.php?ref=3777

Comment

If I may guys. Let me just say without giving my actual position that I have in career that I have a background in Life Sciences as well as a Masters in Biotechnology Management-- I just finished developing for my employer a new program designed to help Medical Oncologists diagnose liquid tumor cancer in blood and bone marrow. I have been in the diagnostics and genetics industry for 14 years and am an experienced man with gear...... not the smartest just experienced. Always learning.

Anyway-- That going to LCA way is fine but what you are subject to is patient pricing. Labs work off of Patient Pricing for these types of situations-- which is Cost of Testing plus 45-75% when you go to a patient service center and do what the guy above says you will charged that cash price, and if that is ok with you go right ahead. What I would do is go to my Internal Med, General Prac/Family Prac and tell he or she what you want run due to your own paranoia b/c of family history or just be frank if you have the relationship and tell them that you are a steroid user. MD's dont want to hear our slang or our street talk. You use clinical terms not over speaking your knowledge and your legit concerns if any and you will be treated like less of an asshole. This is what I do. You will also benefit from having a record of your labs in your Med History in case you need meds for hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol) kidney damage, liver damage, ....whatever. These days in medicine it is all about having a history of the need for a procedure or a drug otherwise payers will not pay for it. Our lifestyles push our livers, kidneys, sometimes endocrines system (thyroids and hormones), blood, joints, and bodies overall harder than other people. You are better off paying your copay and deductible for a yearly checkup and get your labs done then because it is embedded i your payments and your allowable for all those labs to be payed for once a year as a part of annual screening. However anabolics are illegal and frowned upon so if your MD notes in the medical records the use it could bite you when or if your liver falls out and you may have pushback to be put on a transplant list. So there are 2 sides of the coin. If you manage an control the conversation you are better off having patient MD assistance always. NOTE VERY IMPORTANT-- Guys like us read and learn and chat about all of these compounds and what they do to our muscles and our bodies. WE ARE NOT DOCTORS, unless you actually are, SO NEVER FORGET THAT. Get by your ego and how smart you think you are and leave managing your body to the professionals. A doctor takes an oath to treat alcoholics, smokers, HIV patients, whatever they are there to help they are not the enemy. Dont solicit them, just be honest as you are comfortable being and manage your body l like a grown damn man that wants to live longer than 45.

Labs you want to look at:
            -Kidney Function
            -Liver Function or Enzyme level
            Total Cholesterol with Direct LDL NOT NOT NOT a 'calulated ldl' Ask for one of these tests: VAP or Berkley Heart Lab. Your MD will use or have access to one or the other. Get them to ask their billing agent in house which one your insurance will pay for. If you dont have Insurance just ask for a Total Cholesterol with Direct LDL. Everyones pays for that
            - Total Test
            -T3, if you have used T3 or Cytomel
            -T4
            - Bilirubin
            -Estrodiol
            -Chem 14
            -Glucose
            - Sodium

Most of these will be caught in the chem 14.

Hope this helps.

PC

Comment

http://www.privatemdlabs.com
              Get u one of these I forget which one I'm due in a week to get mine done I take it to lab corp and get an email in the morning with results doesn't gonin med records incase u got some out of whack bloods

Comment

http://www.privatemdlabs.com
                Get u one of these I forget which one I'm due in a week to get mine done I take it to lab corp and get an email in the morning with results doesn't gonin med records incase u got some out of whack bloods

Comment

Originally posted by pcweidman5150 View Post
                  If I may guys. Let me just say without giving my actual position that I have in career that I have a background in Life Sciences as well as a Masters in Biotechnology Management-- I just finished developing for my employer a new program designed to help Medical Oncologists diagnose liquid tumor cancer in blood and bone marrow. I have been in the diagnostics and genetics industry for 14 years and am an experienced man with gear...... not the smartest just experienced. Always learning.

Anyway-- That going to LCA way is fine but what you are subject to is patient pricing. Labs work off of Patient Pricing for these types of situations-- which is Cost of Testing plus 45-75% when you go to a patient service center and do what the guy above says you will charged that cash price, and if that is ok with you go right ahead. What I would do is go to my Internal Med, General Prac/Family Prac and tell he or she what you want run due to your own paranoia b/c of family history or just be frank if you have the relationship and tell them that you are a steroid user. MD's dont want to hear our slang or our street talk. You use clinical terms not over speaking your knowledge and your legit concerns if any and you will be treated like less of an asshole. This is what I do. You will also benefit from having a record of your labs in your Med History in case you need meds for hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol) kidney damage, liver damage, ....whatever. These days in medicine it is all about having a history of the need for a procedure or a drug otherwise payers will not pay for it. Our lifestyles push our livers, kidneys, sometimes endocrines system (thyroids and hormones), blood, joints, and bodies overall harder than other people. You are better off paying your copay and deductible for a yearly checkup and get your labs done then because it is embedded i your payments and your allowable for all those labs to be payed for once a year as a part of annual screening. However anabolics are illegal and frowned upon so if your MD notes in the medical records the use it could bite you when or if your liver falls out and you may have pushback to be put on a transplant list. So there are 2 sides of the coin. If you manage an control the conversation you are better off having patient MD assistance always. NOTE VERY IMPORTANT-- Guys like us read and learn and chat about all of these compounds and what they do to our muscles and our bodies. WE ARE NOT DOCTORS, unless you actually are, SO NEVER FORGET THAT. Get by your ego and how smart you think you are and leave managing your body to the professionals. A doctor takes an oath to treat alcoholics, smokers, HIV patients, whatever they are there to help they are not the enemy. Dont solicit them, just be honest as you are comfortable being and manage your body l like a grown damn man that wants to live longer than 45.

-Kidney Function
                  Total Cholesterol with Direct LDL NOT NOT NOT a 'calulated ldl' Ask for one of these tests: VAP or Berkley Heart Lab. Your MD will use or have access to one or the other. Get them to ask their billing agent in house which one your insurance will pay for. If you dont have Insurance just ask for a Total Cholesterol with Direct LDL. Everyones pays for that
                  - Total Test
                  -T4
                  - Bilirubin
                  -Estrodiol
                  -Chem 14
                  -Glucose
                  - Sodium

Hope this helps.

PC
                  Lots of great points here. No mater what route guys go, I'm glad to see more of them paying more attention to their labs.
                  Contact Next Level Nutrition and get in the best shape of your life. This is an affordable one on one service. All programs are designed individually around your goals and needs. All diets include gear plans, from basic to advanced, made specifically for you. As an added bonus, I include training programs. For a limited time, training plans are no extra charge.

Click for more info

Comment

Originally posted by pcweidman5150 View Post

-Kidney Function
                    - Total Test
                    -T4
                    - Bilirubin
                    -Estrodiol
                    -Chem 14
                    -Glucose
                    - Sodium

Hope this helps.

PC
                    Lots of great points here. No mater what route guys go, I'm glad to see more of them paying more attention to their labs.
                    Contact Next Level Nutrition and get in the best shape of your life. This is an affordable one on one service. All programs are designed individually around your goals and needs. All diets include gear plans, from basic to advanced, made specifically for you. As an added bonus, I include training programs. For a limited time, training plans are no extra charge.

Click for more info

Comment

Working...
                    X