any hunters out there!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any hunters out there!!!

Ok so i need help deciding on which new rifle i am going to buy either a 7mm mag or a 308 give me some knowledge on what u think

308 if your hunting deer. Great level shooting gun.7mm does to much damage. I'm a hunter and a butcher.

Comment

I have a 300 mag got for elk and used 270 instead because 300 is too heavy and too much recoil unless used from stand with place to brace. However is awsome for 300 yard pop bottles. Have practiced with 7mm and like better because just 1 step down on recoil. Used several 308 and do not care for it. In USA such large firepower not needed. Shoot a 270 and compare.

Comment

I own both the 7mag and 308 and hands down I'll take the 308 over the mag any day. Even for larger game. You can get alot more bullet weights from like 100-200plus grain for the 308.

308 has been a sniper round for many years the just shows the short action round is all around great bullet and gun.

Comment

Thanks for the imput i think iam gonna shoot em both and decide ive owned a 270 and 30.06 i want something different

Comment

I see your post is old, but, have you ever considered a 25-06?

Comment

no rifle hunting in NJ - I mostly bow and Xbow hunt
              http://juicedmuscle.com/signaturepics/sippic1218_5.gif

www.NapsGear.net/?ref=945

Comment

30 yacht 6 is a really good rifle. But if your just choosing between those 2 than go with the 308.

Comment

Working...
                X