Swollen Quad after inject

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swollen Quad after inject

Ok so I have a buddy who had his leg swell down to his knee after injecting GP test E 1ml. He followed all the right steps he said. Swab vial stopper, swab site, draw with one needle, pin with a brand new one, pin all the way in, slowly push oil in. What could be the reasoning for the swelling and should he be worried?

I find I have to push the gear in very slowly or it will swell up pretty big. I can tell when it will swell by the pain I get as I'm pushing it in, if I'm pushing to fast it will hurt right then and there. I also heat the gear up in the barrel with a hair dryer, just don't get it to hot, it will burn you.
    The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
    Chat Box Talk And Rules
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
    No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

He should be fine. As long as the swelling doesn't last for weeks and keeps getting bigger. He may have hit a nerve or moved the needle around too much and the muscle is pissed off. It happens to me sometimes and sometimes a heating pad helps, other times an ice pack seems to help. Also, tell him to take some ibuprofen to keep the swelling down. If it gets red and continues to swell followed by a fever....time to go to the doc. But I really think he should wait it out before assuming its something serious.
      If you can't do it right, Don't do it!

Comment

Ive had the same issue from time to time when I shoot my quads. Try what Herc said to do. That has worked for me in the past.

Comment

Like Herc said the key here is fever. Fever = infection. Your bud new to pinning? Many people get nervous when pinning and shake. That will tear muscle fibers and will cause swelling and bruising.
          Lucky rabbits are without their feet

Comment

Sound advice given here. :-) One thing that might help is numbing the muscle before pinning in case the reaction is to the feel of the needle going in. This would help not bending the needle I'm sure.

One question though... when you all are pinning, is the purpose to hit a vein or to avoid it? I'm just wondering because I haven't pinned roids (yet)

Comment

Originally posted by MuscleUp View Post
              One question though... when you all are pinning, is the purpose to hit a vein or to avoid it? I'm just wondering because I haven't pinned roids (yet)
              Intramuscular not intravenous. You need to go to the steroid learning forum and read the sticky for injecting before you hurt yourself.
              Lucky rabbits are without their feet

Comment

Originally posted by MuscleUp View Post
                Sound advice given here. :-) One thing that might help is numbing the muscle before pinning in case the reaction is to the feel of the needle going in. This would help not bending the needle I'm sure.

You definitely do NOT want to hit a vein. You are shooting in muscle not IV. You want to make sure you are not in a vein because that can be very bad. That's why we aspirate when we inject to assure we are not in a vein. Please do some more research prior to injecting anything.

As far as the OP. Was this your first shot with the Test E in your quad? Depends on the swelling you more then likely irritated a nerve or hit a vein. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Where in your quad did you inject? Quads are my favorite.

Let us know how it goes
                Click On The Link Below Before You Place Your Order!

https://www.1napsgear.org/index.php?ref=3777

Comment

Need to make sure you aspirate when you pin. You never want to inject into a vein waste of good gear! When you pull back on the barrel if you see an air bubble fire away, but if you see blood you are in a vein. You'll have to pull out replace needle and pin again. I looked up all the pin sites and where all the veins were just to get an idea. I have not injected into a vein yet. Not saying that I haven't hit one. One time I went through I'm guessing a big ass vein in my quad and I pulled the needle out too quick and blood squirted out like a little red super soaker. It only happend for a second though. I also bruised a little after that experience.

Comment

Sometimes, you just get a bad shot and the depot will put pressure on a nerve cluster causing more pain and swelling than usual. There are a lot of nerves in the quad. If this is the case, a damp heating pad will help to bring fresh blood in as well as loosen it up. I'd also take an NSAID to help with the pain and inflammation. He should notice it getting better in a couple of days.

If he finds that it isn't getting better and or starts to turn colors and or get severe local swelling, like a tennis ball at the site, of if he starts to feel sick and runs a fever, he may have an infection and will need an antibiotic.
                    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Sometimes, you just get a bad shot and the depot will put pressure on a nerve cluster causing more pain and swelling than usual. There are a lot of nerves in the quad. If this is the case, a damp heating pad will help to bring fresh blood in as well as loosen it up. I'd also take an NSAID to help with the pain and inflammation. He should notice it getting better in a couple of days.

If he finds that it isn't getting better and or starts to turn colors and or get severe local swelling, like a tennis ball at the site, of if he starts to feel sick and runs a fever, he may have an infection and will need an antibiotic.
                      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Yes, great advice from all.
                        And this is a person-to-person issue. Some have issues with quads, some don't. I know some pro guys who will NOT inject quads for reasons.
                        I HATE injecting quads! I'm not worried of the veins, but too many nerves, OUCH!!! Fuck that! lol. I really hate it.
                        I push my pins in slow and too many times I hit nerves in quads and have to re-direct, so I don't inject there unless I'm short of 2 week rotations.
                        Glutes, Delts, and Biceps are my picks. I HATE injecting quads! ;P

Comment

Working...
                        X