3 garlic cloves, minced

1/2 tsp salt substitute

1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

1 1/2 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced

1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth

1 1/2 cups stewed tomatoes

1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves or 1/2 tsp dried

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray an 8" square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.

Place chicken breast, skinned-side down, between two sheets of plastic wrap. With meat mallet, pound chicken lightly to an even 1/4" thickness. Set chicken aside.

In medium skillet, heat oil; add mushrooms. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes, until all liquid has evaporated. Add spinach and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes longer. Stir in salt and crushed red pepper.

Arrange half of the mushroom mixture lengthwise along center of chicken breast; top evenly with cheese, the remaining mushroom mixture. Fold long sides of chicken over stuffing, overlapping slightly. Secure with kitchen string.

Place stuffed chicken breast in prepared baking pan, seam-side down; add 1/4 cup of the chicken broth. Bake, covered, 30 minutes, basting once, until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear when pierced with a fork.

While chicken is baking, in blender or food processor, combine tomatoes and the remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth; puree until smooth. Transfer tomato mixture to small saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes, until heated. Stir in basil; set aside and keep warm.

Let chicken breast stand 10 minutes. Carefully remove string, then slice into equal pieces. Serve with warm sauce & tomato mixture.I served mine with stuffing as a side.

Nutritional Info (without stuffing)

Per serving:
    193 calories;
    30 g protein;
    5 g fat;
    7 g carbohydrates;
    112 mg calcium;
    448 mg sodium;
    60 mg cholesterol;
    2 g dietary fiber.
Working...
X