Coconut, Almond, Ginger and Vanilla Protein Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut, Almond, Ginger and Vanilla Protein Bar

This is a really good idea that went funny because I didn't think it through enough. What happened? I decided to grate the ginger INTO the chocolate instead of using the ginger inside the bar. Live and learn, eh? This is why the bar as a whole ended up...well, said kindly: "textured", said honestly: deformed. If you choose to make them (and you should if you're into the above flavors mixed together because whaaaaaat an explosion!!) do add your ginger to the filling instead of the chocolate ;-)

Ingredients
    1/8 cup of vanilla casein (10g)
    1/8 cup of ground almonds (15g)
    1 heaping tbsp of coconut flour (15g)
    1 tbsp of ground coconut (7g)
    1-2 tsp of grated fresh ginger (could always use ground ginger instead)
    3 squares of 80% chocolate (30g)

Now, you can make one big bar out of the above or two smaller ones (or three even smaller ones). Here's what you do: mix all the ingredients together (except for the chocolate), adding a tbsp of water at a time until a pasty paste is made (you could use milk instead of water too but I use water so I can keep them in my bag for longer without worrying about them having to be fridged). When it's pasty enough to allow you to shape it, shape it into two rectangles (or one or three) and stick them in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. Then, melt your chocolate in a bain marie (i.e. in a glass bowl stuck over a pot with boiling water). When the chocolate is melted, dunk your bars in there so they get a nice coating. Place the bars on some baking paper and spoon whatever chocolate is left in the bowl. Stick the bars in the freezer for 20-30 minutes and boooom! ready :-)))))

Macros per 1 out of 2 bars: 215kcals, 13g protein, 7.7g carbs (3g sugars), 15g fat (7.5g sat - from coconut), and 7g fiber.
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too
Working...
X