Caramel Whey Protein Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caramel Whey Protein Bars

Why the onslaught of protein bars? Because I've come to the realization that there's nothing better to make in advance and carry around in one's bag as one goes about one's day. This recipe right here demonstrates a very interesting point, one which I think I've made before but bears repeating: protein bars made with whey protein are sticky - stickier than casein and harder to shape. In a way, this makes them a LOT more similar to store-bought bars, in terms of texture. Also, since I added oats here, the kcals are also more in line with commercially available bars. Ah protein bars, they're so easy to make! I'm absolutely against the idea of buying them. I find store bought bars are not only a huge waste of money, but when they're not candy bars in disguise full of XYZs, they're nasty. Better to make one's one; they're cheaper, easy, and waaay better (better tasting and better for you!)

Ingredients - blend all these ingredients (minus the chocolate) together, binding them with water or milk (1 tsbp at a time until pasty)

1/2 cup f ground almonds
    1 cup of toffee flavored whey
    3 tbsp of coconut flour
    1/8 cup instant oats (or hulled hemp seeds or just more ground almonds)
    4 squares of 90% Lindt Chocolate

Melt the chocolate in a bain marie (a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water) and proceed to shape your bars into rectangles. When the chocolate has melted, dunk the bars in there and then move them over to the freezer for about 20 minutes. This makes 4 bars. The bars end up tasting totally caramelish! a flavor that, combined with the chocolate = an absolute winner.

Macros per one out of four: 240kcals, 20g protein, 11g carbs (3.4g sugars), 11g fat (5.4g sat) and 4.2g fiber.
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too
Working...
X