Banana Protein Fluff in a Crunchy Vanilla Protein Basket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banana Protein Fluff in a Crunchy Vanilla Protein Basket

I had this idea when I was on the plane coming back to England. I had brought a novel on board that, I figured, would take me two hours to finish. As I turned the final page and closed it though, I realized we still had two more hours left (I miscalculated the flight time). So, there I was - bored. I tried to sleep: no dice. No sketchpad handy either :-( All that was left for me to do was think and it was fluff that first captured my attention. Fluff lead to ice cream which lead to cones which led to the realization that, while I've made some protein cones before, none have been truly crunchy and how do you crunch up a cone well... aha!

Basket Ingredients - blended and pancake fried on a nonstick:
    1/2 cup egg whites (110g)
    1/4 cup vanilla whey protein (15g)
    1 tbsp pea protein (or coconut flour, or ground oats) (5g)
    1 tbsp wheatbran (3g)
    1 tbsp buckwheat (12g)

I made a pancake and, when it was ready, I turned it upside down on a ramekin and grilled it for 10 minutes. It formed a crunchy, really, really crunchy! basket which I let cool before whipping up some fluff by blending and then whisking

Fluff Ingredients
    1 frozen sliced banana (101g)
    1/4 cup whey (25g)
    1/2 tbsp of egg white powder (this was an experiment) (2g)
    1/4 cup of whole milk

Yeah!!!! I think I should have let the cone cool more because it was lukewarmish by the time I added the fluff so the fluff defluffed a bit quickly BUT, since I LOVE the hot/cold combination, I felt it worked beautifully. I approached it with a spoon at first and then thought, beh, better to bite into it :-D Ohh, delight :-D The crunch of the basket cup with the smoothness of the fluff is just so marvelous! Try it! I think you can try this with any pancake to be honest, just throw it on a microwavable ramekin so it kind of droops over it and grill it. This will get it to retain its shape and crunch up :-))))))

Macros per one cone + fluff:
    387kcals, 48g protein, 38g carbos (17g sugars, from the banana mostly), 5.5g fat (1.5g sat) and 5.6g fiber!
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too
Working...
X